“Not coming back” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #66 of 129 hotels in Miami
Miami, Florida
“Not coming back”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Rooms are decent. Pool is filthy. Breakfast/dinner is bad quality and will give you stomach ache. Front desk staff are awful, especially management, except for this young girl that was very nice.

Loud train passes by in the day/night and constant noise of airplanes is very annoying. Bad phone reception and terrible wifi speed. Saw prostitutes coming in and out of their rooms with their johns. Also I've seen police respond a couple of times.Not coming back to this place.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

131 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Missoula, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Just stopped for one night. Breakfast was the typical residence inn. Staff at buffet was friendly and kept the area clean. Front desk made the stay enjoyable. Nathalia at the front desk could not have been more helpful. Helped me plan my day. She was so helpful and friendly. Would highly recommend this hotel for it's friendly people. Rooms starting to show age, need some minor upkeep.

Room Tip: The higher the better for the view. Close to airport, provides airport shuttle. Some plane noise b...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Lutz, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I stayed here for four nights on business and loved it. The rooms are not dated but they are not modern either..I found the rooms to be quite comfortable and large. It is also nice having the full kitchen. The front desk and hotel staff were very friendly and welcoming. The complimentary breakfast was good and had a little bit of everything. They also serve light complimentary dinner mon-thurs which was surprisingly good! Parking is free at this hotel and close to the rooms. I do like the location because it isn't right off a busy street so it is easy to get in and out. I am unable to comment on housekeeping as I chose to not have my room cleaned since I was there for a short period of time. On arrival day, the room was clean and felt fresh.

The only cons about the hotel is that it is not sound proofed well so you do hear the planes every now and then. The noise wasn't a big deal to me and never woke me up personally. Also, it rained very hard on my stay and the sidewalks and grassy areas leading to my building were flooded. I had to no choice but to walk in water which was 3-4 inches deep and soaked my shoes. It didn't bother me though because they can't control the weather and everything else about my stay was perfect.

I stayed at a larger hotel last time I was in Miami but it lacked the kitchen and comfort this hotel has. If I ever have to do business in Miami again, I will request to be put in this hotel. I truly enjoyed my stay and that is why I am rating excellent!

Room Tip: Nice being on the first floor near the pool as it is easy to access the lobby for breakfast/dinner.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Lakeland, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

If you love airplanes (like I do) then this is the place to be. The hotel sits right at the end of the runway, so planes constantly go over..I would recommend bringing a loud fan or put one on your IPhone. There is a curfew for aircraft, but you will still here a few cargo planes through the night. We were impressed with the free dinners they serve (Mon-Thurs) if you don't feel like going out. It is located very close to resteraunts and shopping. Some resteraunts within walking distance. The Mexican place across the street was delicious! The rooms overall were good. They just need to clean the obvious. The glass sliding doors (ours looked like a dog had been licking it) and the door to the bathroom had obvious dirt on it that just needed wiped off. If you need to ask the maid for towels or coffee, forget about it if you don't speak Spanish!! Overall, it's not bad and I would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Besides the airplanes noise landing at MIA Airport, the hotel staff were really nice during our stay! The only thing at night you could hear every footstep of our neighbor upstairs. They dont tell this during your booking, they include as well dinner from Monday to Thursday. Looking for a great value and dont mind the noises of planes and neighbors in Miami, this is it!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Alexandria, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

This is a nice hotel for traveling families, people needing extended stays for work, etc. That being said, if you are a light sleeper, DO NOT book a room on the second or top floor. This hotel is right in the landing pattern of the airport and the rooms are not insulated enough to keep the noise out. Some nights (in our two week stay) I awoke thinking a plane was landing in our room! I will say that the noise didn't wake my 6 month old or my husband. However, the six month old was (and still is) an amazingly good sleeper, and my husband had spent the last seven months deployed out on a forward operating base where aircraft dazzled the hearing senses nightly. So take it for what it's worth.

That said, the staff is incredibly friendly and professional from the front desk to the cleaning crew. The pool is nice and clean, and the "social hour" every weeknight is great for socializing. I met some very nice people, learned some Spanish, and got acquainted with Doral and the greater Miami area.

Room Tip: Do not book a room on the top floor if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

We booked the penthouse, we liked the room -very clean. a tennis court and swimming pool are well maintained. excellent breakfasts. We chose this place especially near the airport to spend the last day of our parents to the plane, it is very suited to us, the night planes almost inaudible. I think we all have a choice, we liked our choice

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Residence Inn Miami Airport West/Doral Area? Share your experiences!