“NOISY HOTEL--A WASTE OF $$--DON'T BOOK HERE!!” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #68 of 129 Hotels in Miami
atlanta
“NOISY HOTEL--A WASTE OF $$--DON'T BOOK HERE!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Hotel is in direct take-off path of airport. When I voiced my concerns, I was told at the front desk "this is an airport hotel and we state that when booking the reservation".

My room was changed but it didn't matter because there was no quiet room. I was also given Marriott reward points equal to one nights stay. All of this did not change the fact that I had a 10 hr drive back to Atlanta and only got 4 hrs of sleep.

My husband cornered a gecko (lizard) on the sofa, they things are everywhere!! Yikes, do they bite? A strange bed-fellow!!

They provide ear-plugs at the front desk so they know it is a problem. The manager did not respond to my email that I sent.

Room Tip: There is no good room. Every room is noisy !! Book at Springhill Suites or Courtyard instead
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
orlando
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

The hotel is not located near any major shops. Its location may be a bit hard to find. I was surpised at the size of the room. Very spacious, well decorated and very clean. Great for large families. The fire place was a beatutiful touch. Amenities were good. The continental breakfast had a good variety. The dining area is small so get there early. The hotel has so many pluses. The one major draw back is its proximity to the airport. The noise from the airplanes was so unbearable. This made it difficult to sleep. Overall, I would recommend staying there.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thomas_R21, General Manager at Residence Inn Miami Airport West/Doral Area, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Thank you for posting your feedback about your recent stay with us. It's always wonderful to hear our guest sharing their experience with other travelers. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed the room but I would like to apologize for the noise you experienced from the airplanes. We hope that we do have the opportunity to host you again on your next trip to the Miami area.
Jupiter, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

This hotel is literally underneath the runway of the airport. Flights every 15 minutes landing overhead until 11pm so loud you think they are coming into the room. Then about 2 hours after that the freight train runs about every hour, BLOWING the train horn 9 times as it crosses the road. Then the flights start again about 5:30 am. Do Not go to this hotel if you need to sleep as you won't get any. It didn't help that the people above our room were "heavy walkers" and someone set off a car alarm. I will never stay here again.

Room Tip: Find another hotel
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thomas_R21, General Manager at Residence Inn Miami Airport West/Doral Area, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay with us. I would like to apologize for your experience and completely understand how a sleepless night can affect your trip. I hope that you were able to enjoy the remainder of your trip. Thank you again for your feedback as it will help us improve our property.
Port-au-Prince, Haiti
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

This is, in my opinion, the kind of hotel where the moment you walk in it’s hard to imagine anything can go wrong about your stay. That’s a least the feeling that I had when I was heading to the front desk for check-in.

After spending few days in Orlando, I had to fly early in the morning to the Caribbean from Miami, and I wanted to stay as close as possible to Miami International Airport. So I drove a day before from Orlando and booked a room for one night in Residence Inn Miami Airport West/Doral area. I didn’t even bother to read reviews about it; something about it was telling me that I wasn’t going to be disappointed. As it turned out, I was right!

I arrived at the hotel around 3pm and went straight to the front desk. There were a couple checking in and I could tell how helpful the hotel staff was in ensuring that detailed information was being provided. My turn came and I was done in no time with everything I needed in a very kind and efficient way.

I went straight to my room, and the moment I got in I realized how huge it was, despite the fact that I kind of expected a big room. I had space without knowing what to do with. Everything was clean and well arranged. The bed was very comfortable, a large bathroom with all the required amenities; there a space with kitchen, fridge and all accessories. And of course there was a work station, a sofa, etc…for only one night and the price that I paid, I was spoiled!
The hotel is located in a very quiet area where you can barely hear noise from anything. I had a fantastic and peaceful night. Internet being free and fast, staying connected was easy. Breakfast was also complimentary. I quickly had time to go through it the morning I was leaving and I could tell that it was consistent, I was satisfied.

That being said, the only negative point that I can find about this hotel is the location of some rooms. My room for instance, among others, was located outside of the lobby. This means I had to go out, turn around the corner, and climb 2 stairs to access to my room. It didn’t bother me at all, since everything is still within the hotel compound; then again I’m still young and fit, I can imagine how hard this could be for older people to go through those stairs, especially with luggage, not very convenient. Also, if you happen to arrive and check-in when it rains, unless you want to get wet or you have an umbrella, you won’t be able to access to your room until the rain stops. These are I believe the only negative points I can think about the way I see the hotel.

Other than that, like I said at the beginning of my review, the moment I walked in, I could hardly feel that something was going to be wrong about my stay. I had an excellent stay and would go back without hesitation – especially if the weather does not announce any rain.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the lowest lever.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your recent feedback about your stay with us. My staff will be delighted to know they could make your stay enjoyable and exceed your expectations. We hope that we are able to host you again on your next trip to the Miami area.
Barbados
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I have stayed almost exclusively at Residence Inn Hotels in the last 3 years, so I'm a bit partial to them.. I've given the rating a very good.. they are better than average, but there are some points that are not so much. The staff was A1.. couldn't have asked for better. Breakfast good, as usually. Only made it to the evening "tea" once and it was ok.. (better than the one last summer in Cary NC by far..but still ok)..

As there were 5 of us, we took a 2 bedroom suite.. Perfect.. Wasn't sure how the layout ( 2 floors, with upstairs bedroom being a loft room.. small but still very nice.) but it worked very well for our needs.. didn't take advantage of the pool but my girls did and enjoyed it. Full Kitchen is always a plus.. we didn't cook but the full size fridge comes in very handy.

My only issue was.. on the stairs up to our room, there were cigarette butts laying around. and there the whole 6 days were were there.. sooo, not cleaned on a regular basis.. The hotel itself is a bit tired and warn looking on the outside but the inside was very nice.

I must thank receptionist Veronica for her extreme helpfulness throughout out stay.

As reported in a previous review.. the area is more an "industrial/business" area.. however.. out the side/back gate, we were able to walk the 3 blocks to the Walmart/Sams and Office Depot.. McDonalds, Subway etc.. also very close .. within walking distance. Beacon Center is also right next door. I'm assuming it was supposed to be shops/business/stores/food etc.. almost empty.. but.. there is a cuban restaurant, pizza place, and a chinese dumplings restaurant in the center. We didn't rent a car and spent too much in taxi fare, however. It was worth not having to contend with Miami Highway traffic. a short 10 min ride to International mall and maybe 15 to Dolphin Mall for those that want shopping. and very close the airport.. You can hear the planes going over if you are outside, but only marginally once inside your suite..

Overall.. a good stay.. will do it again one of these day...

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Thomas_R21, General Manager at Residence Inn Miami Airport West/Doral Area, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay with us. I am delighted that you were able to enjoy your stay and I would like to apologize for the problem you experienced with the cleanliness on the outside stairwells. I will review with my staff about the cleanliness standards for the outside of our property. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to hosting you on your next trip to the Miami area.
Norwich, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

We wanted somewhere close to the airport in Miami for an overnighter prior to moving down to Key West. We like the Marriott chain so went for this. We were pleasantly surprised by what we got. Lots of space, opportunity to make coffee (coffee provided), really clean - always a real priority for me.
Swanette on reception was a delight, really full of the Florida sunshine, she made us feel very welcome.
So a short stay but everything it said on the tin.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay with us. It’s wonderful to hear we could make your overnight visit in Miami pleasant. I will definitely share your feedback with my social hour staff member, it will put a smile on her face to know she could help welcome you to the sunshine state, while on your trip. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to host you again on your next trip the Miami area.
Lima, Perú
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I found this hotel via Booking.com . Arrived really early and even when the check-in was at 3pm, they allowed me to take breakfast (very complete imho) and get into the room at 11:00am. The room was pretty clean and comfortable. The parking lot (i was with a car) was really near to the room and despite it's close location to the airport, the place was really quiet. The internet is fast there and I was able to find all the power connectors that i needed (usually i can't plug all my gadgets at the same time). Bathroom was clean but a little old. Staff was really nice to deal with and I really missed that it was full for the second part of my trip due to Ultra. I am more than sure that if i need to stay near Doral, this will be my first choice.

Room Tip: Get the ones in second floor. Usually more quiet.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thomas_R21, General Manager at Residence Inn Miami Airport West/Doral Area, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay with us. It’s great to hear that our hotel could meet your expectation while visiting the Miami area. My staff will be happy to hear your feedback as they always appreciate knowing they could meet our guest expectations. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to see you again on your next trip to the Miami area.

Been to Residence Inn Miami Airport West/Doral Area? Share your experiences!