“Not Your Typical Marriott Experience” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #61 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Toronto, Ontario
“Not Your Typical Marriott Experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

My wife and I spent the entire month of March 2012 at this hotel, so whatever we experienced was no fluke.

We had a 1 bedroom suite that was quite pricey at $179.00 plus tax per night based on a long-term stay.

The kitchen was quite decent and the bedroom and living room were fine.

However, the tub and toilet were in 1 super tiny dingy room.

I really felt claustrophobic in it.

The maids did not do the greatest job of cleaning and there was constant dirt and bird crap on the railing by the sliding door.

I found the pool area to be underwhelming to say the least.

Also be aware that the hotel has no elevators, so if you have a lot of luggage, you may prefer a room on the 1st floor.

We had a lot of luggage but we stayed on the 2nd floor for privacy purposes.

The rate included breakfast, which too was underwhelming.

The hotel also provided dinner plus wine Monday to Thursday.

I gave it a pass most nights.

Yes, the hotel is right next to the runway of Miami International Airport, so all you can hope for is for the airport to use a different runway at night.

It's not a bad hotel but I would have expected more from a Marriott.

Room Tip: Decide if you prefer morning or afternoon sun because you're not getting both. Also, there is a...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Thomas_R21, General Manager at Residence Inn Miami Airport West/Doral Area, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for leaving us some feedback about your recent stay with us. We appreciate all feedback as it will help us improve our hotel overall and ensure we meet our guest expectations. Thank you again for your feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Miami, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

I was very excited to stay here when I checked in, but the minute we went to sit for dinner, the kitchen was full of tiny ants on the table and walls. Our bedrooms were nice, but lots of small flying insects hovered around the lights that scared my kids. Then the noise of the planes kept us up till 2 am.

Room Tip: Very nice looking on the outside but maybe there was cleaner rooms elsewhere.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Thomas_R21, General Manager at Residence Inn Miami Airport West/Doral Area, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Thank you for leaving us some feedback about your recent stay with us. . I would like to apologize for the problem you did experience and in no way find that acceptable. Your feedback will help us improve our guest experience and ensure we provide our guest with the standards they expect from a Marriott hotel. Thank you again for your feedback and I hope you were able to enjoy the remainder of your stay in the Miami area.
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

I spent mid April 2012 to mid June 2012 living in this hotel for work and I would go back in a heartbeat! The service by the staff was amazing. They remember all the people staying in there regardless if it was for 2 months or 2 days. All the staff was friendly and helpful. Enrique was exceptionally helpful giving my colleges and I suggestions on places to eat and visit in Miami and the surrounding areas as well. Breakfast was very good, but after 2 months of the same choices it did get a bit old. Mon-Thursday they offered a social hour with free diner, dessert, pop, beer, and wine. While it was nothing fancy it was nice for the nights you don't want to leave the hotel again or are trying to reduce your out of pocket expenses. The pool is nice, but not very big. The rooms on the other hand were very nicely sized and always clean. It is both a plus and a minus on how close this hotel is to the airport. It is literally minutes away so great for convenience but that does mean you will not be getting total peace and quiet. There are definitely times that are worse than others and being I was at work during business hours the only time it was annoying was early evening when I was outside on my phone. It would literally get loud enough you'd have to pause the conversation because you couldn’t hear. When in my hotel room I could barely notice the planes though. The front desk did offer ear plugs for free for those who are light sleepers so keep that in mind. I highly recommend this hotel! The hotel is also only a few blocks from Walmart, a gas station, and McDonalds. The mexican restaurant across the street is very good but be warned, this is Miami, don't surprised when the server doesn't speak English.

Room Tip: If you face the pool it can be a bit noisy depending if it is being used or not. So if you want a bi...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Thomas_R21, General Manager at Residence Inn Miami Airport West/Doral Area, responded to this review, September 9, 2012
Thank you for leaving us some feedback about your recent stay with us. We are delighted to hear that our hotel could meet your needs during your extended stay with us. Our staff can make any long stay more enjoyable for our guest and we welcome your feedback on our breakfast as we are always looking for ways to improve our guest’s experience at our hotel. Thank you for your feedback and we hope to host you again on your next trip to the Miami area.
florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We were recently in Miami for overnight stay, we stayed at the Miami residence inn. The room was large, spotless and well equipped for a much longer stay. We were also pleased to see that there was a complimentary bar b que for the July 4th week-end, as well as a fairly substantial breakfast the next morning.
I would not hesitate to return, or recommend this property.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thomas_R21, General Manager at Residence Inn Miami Airport West/Doral Area, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent stay with us. It’s wonderful to hear that our hotel met your expectations for your trip. We hope that we can host you again on your next trip to the Miami area
Buenos Aires, Argentina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

I needed a hotel near the airport since I was only spending 1 night in Miami. I chose this hotel because of the good/reasonable reviews found here.
I had room 12, very near reception, outside the main building. Large, huge room, with 2 queen beds, with a good kitchen, nice work area.
Service by reception person Dorka was amazing, after every single detail, always smiling. Free breakfast was a good deal and abundant. Free wi-fi with decent speed for browsing and email downloading
Negatives: It is so close to the railway that the noise and horn of the train make it difficult to talk/be relaxed, each time a train goes by. The electrical outlets in the work area were not working and detached from the housing (dangerous). The seat of the bicycle in the gym was broken making it more like a 180° flat bed by United Airlines that a regular seat in a gym bike...
Aside the train issue, not a great location, I believe there must be better ones near the airport for same price.

Room Tip: I would go for a room as far from the train as possible.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Residence Inn Miami Airport West/Doral Area, responded to this review, June 25, 2012
Thank you for choosing to leave us some feedback about your recent stay with us. We truly appreciate your feedback as it will help us improve our service and property overall. Dorica is one of our best associate and a valuable part of our team, I will definitely share your feedback with her. Again thank you for your feedback and we hope to host you again on your next trip to the Miami area.
New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

We stayed here in March of 2012 before going on a cruise. It was a nice clean hotel with a good breakfast. I would recommend it.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Thomas_R21, General Manager at Residence Inn Miami Airport West/Doral Area, responded to this review, June 13, 2012
Thank you taking the time to leave us some feedback about your previous stay with us. We are delighted to hear that we could make your pre cruise stay with us enjoyable. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to hosting you on your next trip to the Miami area.
Valley Stream, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

The pool was dirty, the hot tub was filthy and not working properly during the entire stay. Rarely were there towels at the pool had to go to the front desk to get them for the kids . The sofa bed mattress was old, worn, and very uncomfortable. The room was smaller than we were accustomed to. We are loyal to the Marriott brands and belong to the Marriott Reward program so we stay at different hotels quite often. This was not typical of our past experiences. As far as negative reviews regarding the airplane noise, I can tell you that for the past 17 years, I have lived 3 miles from JFK airport. We hear planes constantly and we are used to it. However, the noise at this hotel is extreme. The planes fly very low to the ground (i.e. you can see the windows and landing gear) The noise from the airplanes worked out to be a welcome relief to drone out our noisy, rude neighbors (I realize that this is not the hotels fault, but I do feel that this hotel attracts clientele who are more party than family oriented so beware if you don't feel like being awaken at 2 or 3 in the morning.) Also, the area where the hotel is located has a Walmart (if you need assistance with anything here, speaking Spanish will be helpful) and just a few places to eat - mostly an industrial area. On a good note, it is only fair to say that the front desk was polite and friendly. The breakfast was consistant with what we would expect and the manager's hospitality buffet with beer and wine was a pleasant plus as usual.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Thomas_R21, General Manager at Residence Inn Miami Airport West/Doral Area, responded to this review, April 25, 2012
Thank you for your recent feedback about your stay with us. I would like to apologize for the problem you did experience and no way find them acceptable. Your feedback will help us improve our guest experience and ensure we provide our guest with the standards they expect from a Marriott hotel. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you had a safe trip home.

Been to Residence Inn Miami Airport West/Doral Area? Share your experiences!