“Great find for fast stay” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #62 of 129 Hotels in Miami
florida
“Great find for fast stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We were recently in Miami for overnight stay, we stayed at the Miami residence inn. The room was large, spotless and well equipped for a much longer stay. We were also pleased to see that there was a complimentary bar b que for the July 4th week-end, as well as a fairly substantial breakfast the next morning.
I would not hesitate to return, or recommend this property.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thomas_R21, General Manager at Residence Inn Miami Airport West/Doral Area, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent stay with us. It’s wonderful to hear that our hotel met your expectations for your trip. We hope that we can host you again on your next trip to the Miami area

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Buenos Aires, Argentina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

I needed a hotel near the airport since I was only spending 1 night in Miami. I chose this hotel because of the good/reasonable reviews found here.
I had room 12, very near reception, outside the main building. Large, huge room, with 2 queen beds, with a good kitchen, nice work area.
Service by reception person Dorka was amazing, after every single detail, always smiling. Free breakfast was a good deal and abundant. Free wi-fi with decent speed for browsing and email downloading
Negatives: It is so close to the railway that the noise and horn of the train make it difficult to talk/be relaxed, each time a train goes by. The electrical outlets in the work area were not working and detached from the housing (dangerous). The seat of the bicycle in the gym was broken making it more like a 180° flat bed by United Airlines that a regular seat in a gym bike...
Aside the train issue, not a great location, I believe there must be better ones near the airport for same price.

Room Tip: I would go for a room as far from the train as possible.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Residence Inn Miami Airport West/Doral Area, responded to this review, June 25, 2012
Thank you for choosing to leave us some feedback about your recent stay with us. We truly appreciate your feedback as it will help us improve our service and property overall. Dorica is one of our best associate and a valuable part of our team, I will definitely share your feedback with her. Again thank you for your feedback and we hope to host you again on your next trip to the Miami area.
New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

We stayed here in March of 2012 before going on a cruise. It was a nice clean hotel with a good breakfast. I would recommend it.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Thomas_R21, General Manager at Residence Inn Miami Airport West/Doral Area, responded to this review, June 13, 2012
Thank you taking the time to leave us some feedback about your previous stay with us. We are delighted to hear that we could make your pre cruise stay with us enjoyable. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to hosting you on your next trip to the Miami area.
Valley Stream, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

The pool was dirty, the hot tub was filthy and not working properly during the entire stay. Rarely were there towels at the pool had to go to the front desk to get them for the kids . The sofa bed mattress was old, worn, and very uncomfortable. The room was smaller than we were accustomed to. We are loyal to the Marriott brands and belong to the Marriott Reward program so we stay at different hotels quite often. This was not typical of our past experiences. As far as negative reviews regarding the airplane noise, I can tell you that for the past 17 years, I have lived 3 miles from JFK airport. We hear planes constantly and we are used to it. However, the noise at this hotel is extreme. The planes fly very low to the ground (i.e. you can see the windows and landing gear) The noise from the airplanes worked out to be a welcome relief to drone out our noisy, rude neighbors (I realize that this is not the hotels fault, but I do feel that this hotel attracts clientele who are more party than family oriented so beware if you don't feel like being awaken at 2 or 3 in the morning.) Also, the area where the hotel is located has a Walmart (if you need assistance with anything here, speaking Spanish will be helpful) and just a few places to eat - mostly an industrial area. On a good note, it is only fair to say that the front desk was polite and friendly. The breakfast was consistant with what we would expect and the manager's hospitality buffet with beer and wine was a pleasant plus as usual.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Thomas_R21, General Manager at Residence Inn Miami Airport West/Doral Area, responded to this review, April 25, 2012
Thank you for your recent feedback about your stay with us. I would like to apologize for the problem you did experience and no way find them acceptable. Your feedback will help us improve our guest experience and ensure we provide our guest with the standards they expect from a Marriott hotel. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you had a safe trip home.
Owensboro
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

I stayed at this hotel with my family for a week. Its great, the rooms are very nice and include a tiny kitchen. The pool and basketball/tennis court were also very cool. The fact that they had dinner 5 nights a week with beer and wine for the adults was also very nice.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Thomas_R21, General Manager at Residence Inn Miami Airport West/Doral Area, responded to this review, April 13, 2012
Thank you for sharing your feedback about your experience with us. We are happy to hear we could make your trip to the Miami area enjoyable and you were able to take advantage of our Monday through Thursday evening social hour. Again we appreciate your feedback and hope to host you again on your next trip to the Miami area.
Cape Elizabeth, Maine
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

Clean and accomodated our family of 5 with ease. Bathroom was clean but showing wear. Beds were comfortable and clean.
Dining options within walking distance. Breakfast at the hotel was ok.
As the title implies, you are near the airport and planes do fly directly over you periodically.
The one disappointment was I was told that there was shuttle service from the airport to the hotel. Unfortunately, there was not, so we had to take a taxi. Spent about $25 for a party of five.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Thomas_R21, General Manager at Residence Inn Miami Airport West/Doral Area, responded to this review, April 10, 2012
Thank you for leaving us some feedback about your recent stay with us. We appreciate hearing our guest’s feedback as it helps us improve our service and property. I do apologize about the issue you experienced with the shuttle service and will be addressing this with our reservation department to ensure they are communicating the correct information. Again we thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you again on your next trip to the Miami area.
Miami, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel for 1 month and am quite pleased with the stay.

Yes, this hotel is located at the end of the runway for Miami International Airport, still I managed to always get a good night's sleep.

The Airport switches runways ,so the noise doesn't last all day and night.

Also after a while, the brain seems to be able to block out the sound.

However, this hotel has the quietest air conditioning that I experienced in any hotel.

The hotel seems to have central air conditioning that you can hardly hear in the room.

This is great compared to those loud air conditioners that most hotels provide.

That alone makes it worthwhile staying here.

The suite is always cool and quiet.

My wife and I checked into a King 1 bedroom suite.

They renovated everything except the toilet and shower part of the bathroom.

The toilet and bathtub/shower are separate from the sink.

However, the room is dingy and tiny.

I am surprised that they didn't renovate that part of the suite.

The bathtubs are quite old.

The suite has a full kitchen which is great.

The full size fridge came in handy.

The mattress isn't of the greatest quality.

It's not horrible but you would expect better in a Marriott.

Also the towels have seen their better days.

They are anything but plush.

The suite also has a sliding door and window that opens.

Neither of them have a screen, yet this is Miami.

It doesn't look like they cleaned the window in years.

The window was quite dirty and there were bird droppings on the railing.

(Yes, this is a Marriott).

The hotel has a pool.

At the pool, they have padded lounge chairs.

There were lounge chairs but no side tables.

So you either have to use another lounge chair as a table or put your items on the ground.

The towels supplied at the pool were quite ratty.

However, most of the time, there were no towels at the pool.

I usually had to walk back to my suite to grab a towel.

The hotel provides breakfast daily.

I have no complaints about the breakfast.

They also provide a light meal Monday to Thursday.

The meals provided were not that exciting, so I rarely ate at the hotel.

Meals that I had at various Staybridge hotels were more interesting.

Still, they do provide a meal along with wine, beer or soda.

The property is fairly clean and the staff is friendly.

Even though I have some complaints, the suite was nice.

It had 2 flat screen TV's.

The room also had 2 phones.

The high speed Internet service was free.

It was a little slow at times when I tried to stream videos but generally it was pretty good.

The hotel is about 3 miles from Dolphin Mall.

There is a Wal-Mart and Sam's Club lthat is a 2 minute drive from the hotel

Dadeland isn't too far.

However with light traffic it takes over half an hour to drive to South Beach.

It also takes about 1/2 hour to get to Sawgrass Mills.

My wife and I were supposed to stay in West Palm Beach for 6 weeks.

We couldn't take the boredom after 2 weeks, so we booked this Residence Inn in Miami at the last minute.

Given a choice, I would stay elsewhere next time around.

However, our stay at this hotel was quite pleasant.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Residence Inn Miami Airport West/Doral Area? Share your experiences!