“Bait and Switch” 1 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Louisville, Kentucky
“Bait and Switch”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2010

Hotel lodging fare practices are questionable. I found out after I checked out that my colleague and other government employees were charged $24 less per night. When I called the hotel to fix the situation, they were very rude, unhelpful and unwilling to find a solution. The hotel was noisy and there was a 12 inch stain on the carpet. It smelled dank and musty. Wouldn't stay at the hotel again if it was the last place on earth.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
gpresnol, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Downtown, responded to this review, November 8, 2010
Thanks for taking the time to inform us of your concerns during your recent stay regarding your billing and housekeeping. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience that we may have caused you. I have already addressed the housekeeping issue with the Executive Housekeeper and so far as your billing, if you would like to contact me directly, I will see about taking care of your billing issue personally.

We appreciate you taking the time to write.

Greg Presnol

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2010

I was actually attending a conference at Miami Convention Center and while the Hyatt is more convenient it is more $ and I like the Courtyard brand. Everything was as expected. The staff were friendly and helpful in all cases. Francesca, who checked me in, was particularly so. The hotel has recently been renovated so everything looks bright & clean. The view isn't the best though I got a partial view of the cruise ships arriving and leaving port. Wifi (included) in the room was fine, though not fast enough for video streaming!! I found the internet performance on the computers in the Bistro to range from so-so to unresponsive, maybe I was unlucky. I was able to easily print my airline boarding pass using the lobby computer & printer.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
gpresnol, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Downtown, responded to this review, October 12, 2010
Thanks for taking the time to wirte abourt your recent stay with us. I was pleased to hear that your stay with us went well. We will be certain to commend Francesca for a job well done. We appreciate your business and hope to welcome you back again soon.

Alegrete RS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2010

I stayed at Courtyard for 5 days.I loved the hotel specially the guest laundry that's in the 5th floor there, you can wash your clothes for 1,5 dollars and dry them for 1,5 dollars.And the vending machines that you find in every floor.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Thank you, for your kind words regarding your recent stay with us. We appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Gerg Presnol
Port of Spain, Trinidad
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2010

the courtyard downtown is the perfect platform for staying before and after a cruise. the staff is friendly and helpful. the lens cap of my camera fell from the 12th floor balcony , i snapped a photo, in which you can bearly see the spot where it fell, i went to the lobby and a wonderful young man name chris or curt retrieved the cap for me. these are the little things that count.
before after the cruise it was easy to explore miami using the metro mover and train.
i've recommended this hotel to my sister and brother in law they're travelling later this month.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Thanks for staying with us! We appreciate your positive feedback regarding your recent stay and hope to welcome you again soon.

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2010

As a frequent traveler (business and pleasure), I'm pretty picky about hotels. This is my second time staying at this hotel. The convenient location (if you are doing business downtown) cannot get better. The cost is very competitive and for a hotel of this quality could charge a hair more and be ok. The staff is amazing and always smiling and seeing how they can make your day better.

Rooms are spacious and clean. Overall, anytime I need to come to Miami this is going to be my choice.

Food quality of bistro/marketplace was REALLY good. Needed to get a quick bite and had the ribs, really surprised with the quality and portion size. Very impressed with everything at the hotel.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Thank you, for taking the time to write to us regarding your recent stay at the hotel. I appreciate all of your kind words and am delighted to hear that we "Exceeded" your expectations. We hope to welcome you again soon!

Hagerstown, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2010

My wife and I stayed here before and after our cruise. The rooms are very clean and the internet is free. There isn't much of a view, but we don't care about that. The staff is very friendly. They helped arrange a shuttle to the pier ($5 pp), got a room ready for us when we checked in early, and gave us information about local sights. The fitness center is small, but its nice and I was able to get a workout in. A taxi cost $35 from the airport and we used SuperShuttle ($16 pp) to go back. Overall we definitely recommend this hotel should you be going on a cruise.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Salt Lake City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2010

Nice hotel with the new courtyard lobby. Check in at midnight took forever, but I was upgraded to a suite as a Marriott gold elite. Staff was very friendly, rooms were very clean. I was surprised how well I slept because the beds and pillows were somewhat firm. Food and drinks in the lobby were great. Breakfast quesadilla was quit good. Only one negative with this hotel... Terrible Internet access!!! I could never get my laptop to connect to their WiFi in the rooms, nor could two of my coworkers staying in other rooms. I called the front desk who transferred me to technical support but they were absolutely no help at all. I had lots of work to do so I tried to use the computers in the lobby and they were so slow they were useless. I tried plugging my laptop into a wired cord in the lobby but it was just as slow.

• Stayed August 2010

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Miami Downtown? Share your experiences!