“Excellent Location in Downtown Miami” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
3-Night Stays: Save 15%
Ranked #43 of 130 hotels in Miami
Santa Ana, California
“Excellent Location in Downtown Miami”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Enjoyed our stay at this downtown Courtyard hotel. The location is excellent. It's very close to the cruise port, and actually convnenient to the airport as well. The front desk staff were great. Our friend from S.G., California was great at the front desk. We had come off a cruise ship and arrived very early, but he was able to get us into a room right then. The location is great and you can walk all over. The Bayside park area is very close, and there all sorts of things to do there, as well as bus tours, etc that one can take. The room was comfortable, and the A/C worked great! Free wifi and a nice little restaurant on the premises. The pool was open and looked nice. For purposes of pre or post cruise, or for being in a central location, this hotel is perfect.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

586 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I have very mixed feelings about this location - but my gut would recommend staying at another hotel in the downtown area. The hotel itself is in a good location for downtown and easy to get to many nearby areas by foot, people mover, or cab. The rooms are spacious, comfortable, clean, quite and plenty of hot water for a shower. The food in the cafe is very good as well. That's about all you'll get here - the customer service is average at best (and I am being generous). I was less than impressed with the response of staff to a few strange situations that occur - they all gave that "blank stare" - it's definitely not the Marriott customer service that I have seen at most every other property. My security door latch to my room was broken - and I told the front desk and they said "really?" and followed by that Courtyard Marriott Downtown blank stare. I was surprised to that I had 2 flyers slid under my door in the early evening - that bothered me - how can the hotel not know there is shady flyers being placed under paying customers doors? With unregistered people allowed access to the floors makes me wonder if security is really important. I left early - there are other hotels in that provide good customer service, rooms with door latches, and security.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Brussels, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Overall this is a very nice hotel, with large, well appointed rooms, in an excellent downtown location. Free wifi and good connection, nice beds, large room. Really a very nice room.
We checked in early, around 11.30, and a room was ready for us on the 7th floor.
When we got there we noticed our room was right across the entrance of the swimming pool and the fitness center AND the elevators.
That was kind of tricky.
The 1st night was OK. All nights after that we were woken up constantly because of slamming doors and obnoxiously loud and shouting people in the hallway. (I can never understand how people seem to think they're all alone in a hotel and talk like they're in the market)
Of course I called reception and all they said they could do was to send security. They didn't even suggest moving us to another room, something I was hoping for.
Maybe we were just unlucky to be staying there for the 4th of July, at the other hand I had the impression the 7th floor was some kind of "special" floor.
One more thing was the service in the breakfast room : not very friendly and terribly slow.

Room Tip: Forget about the 7th floor !
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel is probably one of my favorite places to stay whenever I go to Miami. The hotel is basically in the heart of the financial district in the Brickell/Miami River area. Walking distance to the people mover and Bayfront Park. Plenty of choices around for shopping/restaurants however mostly Latin American cuisine. Hotel well kept and rooms are extremely spacious with comfortable beds. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful when answering questions. Area around the hotel has reminders of Miami's grittier past unfortunately, but in my opinion gives it plenty of character and attitude! In the numerous stays however I have not had any issues and honestly feel more than comfortable walking around late, late at night. The best part is good nightlife is within walking distance/cab ride away as well as museums and interesting architectural designs that tend to be hidden away. When staying here, take a moment if possible, and just go exploring...you will be pleasantly rewards.

Room Tip: Not all rooms have balconies, so if looking for one for great vistas you will need to request a suit...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel offers excellent value! The rooms are clean and the staff are very professional and attentive. It gives the impression of a very well run hotel. There was a quiet and peaceful atmosphere. One needs to keep in mind that this hotel is not on a par in terms of appearance and amenities with the very high end hotels in the vicinity, but it is also a fraction of the cost! For me I see no need to spend the extra money when I can have such a pleasant experience at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Glencoe, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

When catching a cruise ship what better place to stay than downtown Miami. The hotel is located just a 10-15 minute walk from the water and offers easy transportation to the piers. Last time I was at the hotel it was under going renovation, it was a complete success. Rooms and service by the staff have only got better and their professionalism makes you feel even more welcome. From check-in staff and housekeeping - thank you for a great stay. I will be back for sure!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Bloomfield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I normally do not write reviews but I could not be any happier with my stay at the Courtyard. The hotel is perfectly located near public transportation and cabs are also conveniently located outside of the hotel. Housekeeping kept my room epecible and were EXTREMELY friendly.

I would like to publicly give a shout out to Giovanni Monsanto who was a ROCKSTAR! From the moment I entered the hotel he was pleasant and informative. He was very knowledgeable of the hot spots and followed up to make sure I was enjoying my trip. I would definitely stay here again & that is mainly because of Gio. I felt like family and really appreciated his kindness. As long as he is there I have no problem leaving NJ for more weekend getaways.

• Stayed June 2014

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Miami Downtown? Share your experiences!