“Customer service outstanding” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #43 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Customer service outstanding”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

So, I booked this with my travel points and confirmed all close to date of travel. I received an email from the Courtyard Miami Downtown welcoming me and asking if I had any special wishes before I arrived which was nice. I arrived and got checked in. When I had a call from Marriott Rewards Points saying I did not have enough points to cover my lodging for the second night it was quite frustrating that this had been confirmed multiple times prior to my arrival. But the Courtyard Miami Downtown worked with me to get it straightened out. The staff went out of their way to ensure I was satisfied with the stay, the even delivered a thank you note for lodging and some treats with it. I have never had another courtyard do such things. So, I was definitely impressed because it was not their mistake re what happened. Even though their pool was out of order they negotiated with nearby Hyatt and JW for pool use. So, I was overall pleased with my stay, the cleanliness and responsiveness of the staff and my experience in Miami. Thank you!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
PJimenez305, Front Office Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Downtown, responded to this review, May 19, 2014

We truly appreciate your positive feedback.

We constantly strive to provide service that exceeds our guests expectations, and we are very pleased to learn we were able to provide that level of service to you.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
New York, US
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

Stayed here twice in April for business. Although the hotel amenities were average the staff was excellent. Service at check in, restaurant, bar and check out was exceptional. It reminded of the service one gets accustomed to in Southeast Asia. I will definitely stay here again when I return to Miami. keep up the good work.

Room Tip: Get a room overlooking the pool - it is quieter.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

No surprise on this Courtyard. Located in a corner of relatively busy streets. Brekfast is a bit on the down side, and the restaurant room not that nice. Pool is OK, rooms are clean. Price is adequate for what it is, an average hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to detail your experience at our hotel.

Everything we do is aimed at providing our guests with an excellent hotel experience, and your comments have been shared with our team members accordingly. We will definitely look at what changes need to made in order to provide the best experience possible.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

We stayed at this hotel pre-cruise for one night. It is located on a busy street, but many restaurants are in walking distance. Our flight was early so we arrived at the airport around 9:30. We were greeted by a very friendly receptionist who let us check in right away. I know hotels in the Miami are pricey, so not sure if our deal was good or night, but we paid $170 thru bookit. The lobby area is on the smaller side. They have a restaurant area and I noticed alcohol on a shelf in this area, but I wouldn't personally consider this area to be a spot where I would want to spend any time having a relaxing drink. We did not eat here, but I do know they serve breakfast and lunch, and I believe dinner, as well.

The elevators were running slow during our visit. I believe it could have been due to the high volume of people checking in and out for a cruise.

Our room was of normal size. There was a king sized bed, comfy linens and a comforter. No balcony in our room and I'm not sure if any of the rooms in this hotel have balconies. There was a sitting chair by the window, two night stands and a large flat screen tv. There was a desk with ample room to work if you are traveling on business.

A decent sized closet was also in the room with a safe and iron, ironing board. The bathroom was basic, however, there was little to no counter space. The toilet was situated at an angle, which was fine, but odd. There's a standard tub/shower. I believe the toiletries that were offered are Paul Mitchell. So, if that's important to you, there you go.

There is a swimming pool located on the 7th floor (I believe). There wasn't a life guard on duty, which is fine. The pool had a good amount of lounge chairs, tables for sitting upright, etc. Based on a number of hotels we frequent, I found the pool to be lacking. Just your basic pool, no special design or layout. We also noticed that house keeping didn't visit this area to clean up for long periods of time. We ended up tossing some trash away because we couldn't stand looking at it. Prior to going to the pool, we stopped and bought some cups, sodas etc., so we could make our own drinks.

There is valet service at this hotel and I know there's an additional fee to park your car overnight.

All in all, the hotel was fine, but I wouldn't stay here again. It had nothing to do with service of the staff, but moreso we didn't care for the location and since we were interested in a pool day before vacation, the pool just wasn't up to par. I found a lot of homeless people wandering around outside the hotel and a lot of the shops seemed run down. We had to walk several blocks to find something to meet our dinner/breakfast needs.

Happy hotel review reading!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
PJimenez305, Front Office Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Downtown, responded to this review, May 3, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to detail your experience at our hotel.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back!

Coronado, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

This hotel is an older hotel in the Brickell downtown area of Miami. The hotel is very clean and every staff that we had interaction with was excellent ! A special recognition must be given to the manager Marianna for her graciousness and her putting her every attention to the needs of her guests. We had a one bedroom suite on a high floor and did not hear any noise of the construction going on across the street. We ate at a casual Cuban family owned restaurant across the street that was good, had a nice wait staff and the restaurant was very clean. The hotel is an excellent place to stay before a cruise. The hotel can arrange for an inexpensive shuttle van to the cruise terminal. The metro mover is free and is located close by. I will stay here again the next time we cruise out of Miami.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor. To save money, take the train back to the Miami airport . It is located close...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
PJimenez305, Front Office Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Downtown, responded to this review, April 30, 2014

South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

We reserved this hotel months prior to our cruise based on the reviews read here on tripadvisor, location and price. We drove from S.C. and arrived in Miami a few hours early and the hotel staff was able to check us in early. We stayed in room 1010 facing a busy street and construction which didnt bother us. In fact, it was interesting watching the builders work while waiting for family members to freshen up. The room was clean and quiet and the beds comfortable. The hotel offers free wifi. The pool with a small courtyard is on 7th floor as well as a small gym. Parking is connected to the hotel which is nice because you can access lot from third floor elevator rather than outside on ground level. Walking distance to CVS and Ross stores as well as eateries. Walking distance to Bayside and AA arena. Felt safe at night. Didnt eat hotel's pricey breakfast, walked to nearby Miami Deli instead but did buy coffee at Starbucks in hotel.
Only negative is slow flushing toilet but staff repaired right away and offered us a different room we declined as we were only there for one night. Will stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
PJimenez305, Front Office Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Downtown, responded to this review, April 27, 2014

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

We stayed at this property for 1 night after our cruise (really close to the port less than 10 minutes). We arrived in Miami early so we stopped at Bayside and had lunch at "Latin American Cuban Cuisine Restaurant" and it was perfect. We returned to the hotel at 3 to check-in, it was quick and painless, self parking is $18 and valet is $25. Our room was 614, it was clean, smelled and looked fresh, beds were super comfortable and we greatly appreciated that after sleeping on an uncomfortable bed for 7 days! We had a mini fridge. Bathroom was roomy and clean. There's a lot within the area, CVS, Walgreens, Subway (we ate there), Starbucks, La Granja (soup is good and very busy so that's a good sign), Ross, Marshalls, and lots of eateries and there's a Whole Foods being built across the street. Only thing I must point out is we faced the main drag and at night you can hear some cars and motorcycles racing through and cops with their sirens following after. There's a traffic camera that flashed through out the night thanks to all the red light runners. I would definitely stay there again (not facing the main drag).

Room Tip: For a good nights sleep do not get a room facing the main drag.

Front Office Manager

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Miami Downtown? Share your experiences!