“Wonderful Time!!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Baltimore, Md.
“Wonderful Time!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Me, my wife and some friends stayed here on August 16 pre-cruise, I can honestly say that this was a great hotel. Soon as you walked in it felt very warm and it was very clean. It has a fish tank in the lounge which adds to the ambiance of the hotel. I approached the counter and told the clerk that we were celebrating our 1 year anniversary and she gave us some free drink coupons as a little token, not what I expected but the gesture was good. We had a Executive Suite on the 10th floor which was awesome. Our price included free breakfast, our booth had a flat screen TV in it which was awesome. Never seen that before. I would recommend this hotel for anyone who is staying in Miami or who is staying overnight for a cruise. The location was good too just a walk from every store and a short walk to Bay side Marketplace.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
PJimenez305, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Downtown, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. We are delighted that you stayed with us on your 1st year Anniversary. Our staff works very hard to make each stay special and I’m glad to see we were successful reaching that goal for you.

We are extremelly happy to hear that our location was convenient and that you were able to enjoy the restaurants and attractions in the area.

Thanks again and we look forward to welcoming you once again on your next trip to Miami.

Peggy Jimenez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

My company opened an office in Miami recently, and I am required to be there once a month. I decided to give Marriott a try the last time around and can say that it's now my hotel of choice.

Arriving late after a long day at the airport with flight endless flight delays, check in went quickly and smoothly. The girl who assisted me was extremely helpful with finding late night dining options for me, even running around finding menus for area restaurants that deliver. The hotel has little to offer for dining.

The room was immaculate. The bed was comfortable. Although my window overlooked a huge construction site that worked all through the night under giant lights, I didn't hear any of it.

I joined their rewards program before arriving and was gifted some AA miles for the stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
PJimenez305, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Downtown, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. Our staff works very hard to make each stay special and I’m glad to see we were successful reaching that goal for you. We are also delighted to hear that our location was convenient for your trip.

Director of Sales
Milazzo, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

The hotel is in the city center which is walking distance to Bayside Marketplace.. The Metromover is just few blocks away.. The room is nice, spacious and clean. Breakfast was not so good, it was better in other inns or hotels with cheaper price.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. Our staff works very hard to make each stay special and I’m glad to see we were successful reaching that goal for you. We are also delighted to hear that our location was convenient for you.

I have shared your comments with our Food & Beverage department and they have assured me that they will look at offering some other options in the Bistro..

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

If you are looking for a hotel close to Bayside, this one can be a nice choose. Service, in general, very nice. But they have a diary with continental breakfast??? No. Impossible to be this. Many hostels have much betters breakfasts. I would prefer they don't offer it.

• Stayed August 2013
PJimenez305, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Downtown, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Gustavo,

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. Our staff works very hard to make each stay special and I’m glad to see we were successful reaching that goal for you. We are also delighted to hear that our location was convenient and that you were able to enjoy the area.

I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for the inconvenience you encountered with the continental breakfast that was included in your rate. This is what our travel partners selected, however I would like to point out that we have the Bistro that offers a variety of breakfast options for a minimal fee.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Friendly welcome, reasonable prices, modern decor with good secure car parking. Roof top swimming pool was closed for refurbishment when we visited but we were offered use of another hotel pool nearby. Rooms were lovely, clean and modern. Restaurant/bar offered a good range of meals at reasonable prices. We had an evening meal and breakfast. Both were delicious. Hotel gym was also well equipped.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. Our staff works very hard to make each stay special and I’m glad to see we were successful reaching that goal for you. We are also delighted to hear that our location was convenient and that you were able to enjoy the restaurants and attractions in the area.

I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for the inconvenience you encountered with the renovation our our Pool, we are creating a South Florida Oasis on the 7th floor so that you may enjoy it during your next stay with us

At Your Service,
WHITEHOUSE STATION
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

We stayed here end of July for 2 days. It is in a good location and the price was decent. The Miami free Metromover train is in the next building. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful. Check in was quick. We got a room on the 14th floor (top floor) with a nice view of the "Bayside Pier". Only the top floor rooms have balcony. The room was comfortable and decent. The restaurant in the hotel was "OK". We ate out since it is in downtown and there are many choices. There are atleast 3 Starbucks within walking distance. The Miami "Bayside Marketplace" is only 10 minutes walk from the hotel. It is a nice outdoor area for dinner, music, shopping etc.. The hotel has a paid parking lot. You will see cheaper parking all over. But, I think there you can't come in and out. Here, you use your room key to enter and leave the parking lot. We parked at the hotel for $15. We visited Everglades National Park and it was only a 45 minute ride from the hotel. The only downside is the water in the shower. It suddenly stops in that floor - 14th floor (Other guests were complaining too). Hopefully, they will fix it. There is a huge construction going on in front of the building. But, you don't hear the noise inside. There is a small fitness center. Nothing big to talk about.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the 14th floor (top floor) with a view of the bayside. This is the only floor w...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
PJimenez305, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Downtown, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. Our staff works very hard to make each stay special and I’m glad to see we were successful reaching that goal for you. We are also delighted to hear that our location was convenient and that you were able to enjoy the enjoy the restaurants and attractions in the area.

I would like to take tthis opportunity to apolgogize for the inconvinience you encountered with the water pressure in your room, I have shared your comments with our engineering department and I am happy to report that the issue has been resolved.

Thanks again and we look forward to welcoming you once again on your next trip to Mami.
Mohegan Lake, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

My family and 3 other families stayed here the night before we were to leave for a cruise from the Port of Miami. We thought the hotel was convenient to the port so would be a good choice. The location was ok, but there was 24-hour construction across the street so we heard the noise all night and early morning and the pool was being serviced so we had to go to a pool at the Hyatt. When we asked for a place to go to lunch, the staff wasn't incredibly helpful. What we did like was that it was in walking distance to the Bayview Marketplace so we went there for dinner (Largo's) and then in the morning we had time to kill so we walked to the park near the water where we saw our cruise ship. The rooms were ok, but nothing special. There has to be a better place at the same rate to stay.

Melissa,

I'm very sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay. Please accept my apologies for letting you down. Unfortunately we do not have control over the construction site accross the street what suprises me is that they were working during evening hours as the city has imposed hour restrictions to there site due to proximity to hotel and condominiums, I will be sending this information to the downtown authority to investigate. Our pool deck is correctly under renovation as we are creating a South Florida Oasis on the 7th floor so that you may enjoy it during your next stay with us.

We will use your opinion to help us continue to improve and train our associates. We definitely do not want travelers to choose another location. We pride ourselves in being a part of the Marriott family and we will make sure we meet the standards our guests have come to expect.

We hope that if your travels bring you back to Miami you give us the opportunity to make it up to you.

Thank you for your feedback.

At Your Service,

Peggy Jimenez

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Miami Downtown? Share your experiences!