“Great Pre-Curise” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #43 of 130 Hotels in Miami
Brainerd, Minnesota
“Great Pre-Curise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

My husband and I stayed here one night before a cruise. Compared to prices that we saw for other places in the area, it was a great deal! We arrived to the hotel in the afternoon (about a $30 cab ride with tip) and we were able to easily walk down to the Bayside Marketplace area where there's shops and restaurants, or you can just watch the boats go by! There's a CVS and a Starbucks about 2 blocks from the hotel, which was really nice for the morning. There's cabs waiting outside the lobby in the morning and we took one to the cruise port for about $10 (I think they also had a shuttle available for about $6 per person. I can't remember exactly, but the one that was about to leave was full so we just took a cab rather than waiting). This was our first cruise out of Miami and we will definitely stay here if we leave from Miami again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
PJimenez305, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Downtown, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. Our staff works very hard to make each stay special and I’m glad to see we were successful reaching that goal for you. We are also delighted to hear that our location was convenient for your pre-cruse trip and for a little bit of enjoyement of the restaurants and attractions in the area.

Peggy Jimenez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

The room was very large as I expected. very nice and clean but no microwave in the rooms.The only hotel downtown which was very convenient for parking if driving even though there was daily charge of $15. The is nice restaurant right across the street which was a plus.the view from ma room good, the gym was well equipped, The pillows are not the best quality for a hotel of that sort which needs to be looked into,very pleasant house keeping team i must say even though they didn't wanna speak any english. I was slightly disappointed because the pool was out of use at the time of my visit.The hotel is just ideal for business trips because of its location nothing more. i would stay there again only on business trips but not on vacation to discover miami.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. Our staff works very hard to make each stay special and I’m glad to see we were successful reaching that goal for you. We are also delighted to hear that our location was convenient while on business to Miami. Thanks again and we look forward to welcoming you once again on your next trip to Mami.

I will haver our Director of Housekeeping look into the pillows as you suggested. I would like to apologize that our Pool was under renovation during your stay, we are in the process of improving our Roof Top Pool and would be delighted if you would stay with us during your next trip to Miami.

clocoboogie
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

Clean and comfortable. Only had one small trash can in our bathroom, filled up quickly. Surrounding area is a little deserted. Wouldn't recommend the breakfast in the lobby, as it is extremely overpriced and not worth it

Good - if you need to stay in downtown Miami
Bad - if you're trying to be close to south beach

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. Our staff works very hard to make each stay special and I’m glad to see we were successful reaching that goal for you. We are also delighted to hear that our location was convenient for your trip. I would like to point out that we are extremely close in proximity to South Beach (only 8 miles away) and there are several options for transportation that can take you there; Taxi, Car2GO, Bus or you our bellman can local shuttle service to drop you off and pick you back up when you are ready for a small fee.

Alliston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel and recommend it highly. The staff were efficient, friendly and very patient. The room was clean, comfortable and nicely decorated. Location of this hotel was superb since it was beside the metro mover - a neat and free way to see downtown Miami. The rates were good considering that we were in downtown Miami . Give this hotel a A - only drawback was the pool outdoors was not able to be used - don't know why - and it was a hot weekend!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
PJimenez305, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Downtown, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Claire,

I apologiize that you were not able to use our pool area as it was under renvoation, howeve we look forward to greeting you again and showcasing our New Roof Top Pool with a Miami ambiance.

South Florida, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel twice this spring. The first visit was fine. The decor is vibrant and reflects a South Florida ambience that is both professional and fun. The location is also perfect if you want to take advantage of the city's rail transportation or walk to businesses in the vicinity.

I also have tried both breakfast and dinner in the bistro, which were both surprisingly good.

The staff has always proven friendly, too.

What stops me from rating the hotel higher is that on the most recent visit, the pool was under renovation. I was not informed of this when I checked in. My room was on the pool floor (7). Imagine my surprise while getting settled to hear jack hammers. The noise was brutal and made being in the room during the day impossible. I wish I had been told about this at check-in. Better yet, I wish there had been a notation when my travel service made the reservation, so I could have chosen a different hotel.

When I was checking out, I overheard a front desk agent telling another guest that the pool was under renovation, that there was noise, and that guests could use the pool at the nearby Hyatt. The same agent had checked me in the previous day, but had mentioned none of this (and she recognized me as a repeat customer).

However, I would stay here in the future. It's clean and comfortable. The location is good and the people are friendly. I just won't stay here again until the work is complete.

Room Tip: Ask if the pool is still being renovated before you book.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
PJimenez305, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Downtown, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Good Afternoon Glenhaven,

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. Our staff works very hard to make each stay special and I’m so sorry to hear that we were not able to accomplish this during your stay. The notations are currently placed on our web site and our staff should have reiterated that the pool was undergoing renvoations. I would like to advise you that our pool renovations will be completed next month.

Ardsley on Hudson, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Downtown location walkable (if you're in good shape and enjoy walking) to harbor for tours etc. Right in downtown so get high floor to get some view and minimize the noise- decent roof top pool, better than most courtyards restaurant and tour desk right in lobby- parking indoors or valet.

Room Tip: High floor to mitigate noise of downtown a bit and more sun instead of being blocked by buildings- w...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Alan,

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. Our staff works very hard to make each stay special and I’m glad to see we were successful reaching that goal for you. We are also delighted to hear that our location was convenient for your trip and that you were able to enjoy our Roof Top Pool.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

A pretty nice Courtyard. Booked here as part of a package and got a pretty good deal. Located near the convention center and 1 block away from the Knight Center Metromover station. Staff very friendly and helpful. The window was a little small but the room and bathroom were very clean and neat. The room was pretty spacious. My room overlooked the pool and faced the garage and pretty quiet. They offer free self-serve Starbucks coffee in the lobby in the morning. The breakfast is ok-mainly basic stuff like toast, cereal, coffee, tea and OJ. Like other courtyards, they have the free wifi and business center. My only suggestion is to maybe have a few extra accessible outlets near the bed to plug in cell phone, ipod, etc.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

We like to hear suggestions and would love to inform you that we are in the process of placing outlet in all of the night stands for charging of mobil devices.

Peggy Jimenez

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Miami Downtown? Share your experiences!