“website not updated, dissapointed” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Double Rewards Points!
Ranked #37 of 115 Hotels in Miami
nj
“website not updated, dissapointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

our family decided to stay at this hotel before our cruise. One of the things we required when we were booking was a breakfast. when researching the courtyard marriott downtown maimi, their website indicated that they have a breakfast buffet.
This morning we arrived downstairs for breakfast and we were told they switched their restaurant about 3 months ago but they never updated their website. They now have a bistro style restaurant where you order from a small menu. the food was not bad but when you expect one thing and receive another, it is very dissapointing.

The other thing I don't like about this hotel is the layout of their bathroom. the door opens out into the bedroom. it swings out wide and is a tight squeeze . the bathroom sink is small and right next to the towel holder. so when I was washing your hands, I hit my shoulder on the towel holder several times.

The hotel is beautiful and the staff is very helpful. I can't say I would stay at this hotel again, but I cannot complain about the staff. they were very accommodating and that is a reason why I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
PJimenez305, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Downtown, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback I am so sorry to hear that there was some mis understanding with regards to breakfast. The hotel converted to the Bistro Concept 2 1/2 years ago. We did offer breakfast to our guest during our exterior renovation during the months of June to mid December 2012. Once our renovations were completed we did not offer this amenity.

Please accept my apologies for letting you down. . We will use your opinion to help us continue to improve. We definitely do not want travelers to choose another location. We pride ourselves in being a part of the Marriott family and we will make sure we meet the standards our guests have come to expect. Once again Thank you for your feedback.

Peggy Jimenez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Baltimore, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

The hotel boasts of a recent upgrade but the upgrade does not go beyond the lobby. The rooms are very old, with an air conditioner built into the wall. The beds are old and lumpy along with the furnishings in the room. Rooms are not as clean as they should be. Lots of dust on the lamps. It is an ok location, but the hotel is not the best. I was stuck by a protruding nail out of the carpeted floor. The hotel would not accomodate my request to move to another room. I do not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
PJimenez305, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Downtown, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
I'm very sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay. We do our best to keep the hotel well maintained and clean for our guest. Please accept my apologies for letting you down. We’ve found the majority of our guests have really enjoyed our sleeping rooms. I'm sorry to hear that you were disappointed. We will use your opinion to help us continue to improve. We definitely do not want travelers to choose another location. We pride ourselves in being a part of the Marriott family and we will make sure we meet the standards our guests have come to expect. Thank you for your feedback.

Warm regards,

Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

My husband and I were going on a cruise and stayed here the night before. Service was great. Room was great. Bar/resteraunt was awesome, ate dinner and breakfast there. It was also affordable. They also have a shuttle to the ships. I believe it was $12 per person but a cab would be more than that. Be sure to sign up for the shuttle and get the card to make sure to get the earliest time. Would stay again for sure!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I'm very pleased to hear that everything was smooth sailing during your sta at the Courtyard by Marriott Miami Downtown. I hope you enjoyed your cruise with the family and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Peggy JImenez
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

My mom and I visited Miami this weekend. We stayed on the 10th floor. The hotel is in an excellent location, only 4 blocks from Bayside Marketplace, 5 blocks from American Airlines Arena. There are multiple restaurants and pharmacies near the hotel. The shops on Flager St have good stuff at very good prices. You can walk three blocks from the hotel (Byscane Blvd) and take the S bus to South Beach. The hotel front desk personnel is a bit rude and not very helpful. Their attitude can be improved.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I'm very pleased to hear that everything was great with your accommodations and location of the hotel. I wan't to advise that we are definatley dissapointed that you did not feel welcome by our staff, I can assure you that we take great pride in having our guest feel at home. We will take this opportunity to address your concerns with our staff. Please give us the oppotunity to welcome you once again to the Courtyard Marriott Miami Downtown on your next trip to Miami to experience a friendly and welcoming staff!

Director of Sales
US Navy Afloat
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

If you are visiting Miami for the Marathon weekend......this property is conveniently located near the Bayside/Bayfront area - easy walk to/from the race.

The hotel is an older property - but very nice. We arrived from JAX early (10:45am) and was able to get our room....that early. Front desk staff very nice and accommodating. Rooms are a bit dated......and our room (Room 1122) smelled horrible (mold smell) - but, I didn't complain due to the property being full for the marathon (but the odor was miserable). The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was fine.

Pool area was outside on the 7th floor and very nice. Fitness equipment was very modern.

For the price and location - if you spending your time out in town....this is the place (not much to do at the hotel itself nor right nearby). Metro and MetroMover are very close and hotel is just off the freeway (but no noise in room...windows are thick). Parking fee is reasonable for a Downtown property.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I'm very pleased to hear that your enjoyed your stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Miami Downtown. The staff enjoys being a headquarter hotel for the ING Miami Half Marathon & Full Marathon. We look forward to welcoming you next year for the race.

Director of Sales
Uniondale, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I visit Miami every year and decided for the first time to stay in downtown Miami instead of south beach back in June of 2012. Upon arriving, I noticed the hotel was in a good location and I was greeted very friendly by the staff. I enjoyed the room and the breakfast every morning made my day. The only bad thing was my head stand on the bed kept banging due to construction next door, but other than that I loved the pool and had an amazing time! My Marriott employee discount really paid off for this excellent hotel!

Room Tip: great for couples