“Be Afraid... Be Very Afraid” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Wishes Motel

Save Saved
You added Wishes Motel to your Saves list
Wishes Motel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3530 Biscayne Boulevard, Miami, FL 33137 (Formerly Airport Red Carpet Inn)   |
Ranked #120 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Lancaster, PA
“Be Afraid... Be Very Afraid”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2011

Under no circumstancs should anyone stay here. I didn't even know places still rented rooms by the hour. My wife and I picked up a business partner at the airport and took her to this hotel which she had booked on her own. The "lobby " is a glass booth in the parking lot. The lobby is the nicest part. The room was down a dingy corridor next to an alley strewn with trash and debris. Upon opening the door to the room I thought we were on set from CSI Miami. bare floors, broken countertop, the toilet sat in a cove large enough to turn around in and sit down. The jacuzzi tub was brown with mold and crud, the drain stopper was missing and the shower head dripped endlessly. there was a gap large enough to put your fingers through between the window and the wall frame. She asked for a different room and was told they were sold out, but she could use a shower in a dirty room until housekeeping cleaned her room the next day. She asked for a refund and was told no refunds under any circumstances. My wife and I took her to our hotel and she stayed on the couch. Stay away at all costs. This place should be torn down and replaced with a vacant lot.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Scotland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2011

Upon arrival at this hotel, we found that the parking was on the street in a very unsavoury neighbourhood.
I entered what passes for the reception area to be met with a sign which read "No prostitution or illegal activities"
The reception was dirty and in poor condition. The person behind the counter did not end his conversation with his "lady" friend.
We did not even look at the room as we felt totally unsafe there.
Do not go!!!!!!!
I would not recomment this hotel to an enemy never mind a friend.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
pittsburgh
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2010

this place is a scam. DO NOT STAY HERE. the manager demanded i pay in cash, and we were looking for cheap place to stay for 2 nights while we were apt hunting, so we werent' expecting anything fancy.. but this place was not suitable for humans, unless you are a drug addict or prostitute DO NOT STAY HERE. after i gave the cash to the manager he informed me that there is no key for the lock on the door and the locksmith was coming 'in a few hours' to change it. i stupidly believed him, and decided to come back ina few hours after the locksmith came. came back late-- still no lock on door. i demanded room w/ door tht lockd and had a key
i felt like i was in a horror movie. the furniture was falling apart, the drawers of the dresser didnt' open, and the one that did was hollow.. no bottom. cigarette burns all over the furniture AND pillows. bathroom was disgusting. manager told my bf tht people steal the keys all the time nd that' why they are constantly chnging them. i couldnt sleep there knowing that some crackhead could unlock my door at any moment. my car alarm went off twice and the manager pretended he didnt see anything. we left in the middle of the night, couldnt sleep there.. was too afraid for my safety. refused to give us refund for the 2nd night---we had to leave at 3am and drive around to find another hotel. the whole experience was a nightmare and somewhat traumatizing. DO NOT STAY HERE UNLESS YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A PLACE TO SMOKE CRACK/SHOOT UP/OR [--] A HOOKER. dont believe the pics on their website. they are old and/or fake

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
fair
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2009

this is the worse place i ever stay in my life. they don't give you a key for your room.
no toilet paper no towels smell like garbage . They take payment and after let you know that is no key for your room when you go to the room you realize there is no towels,soap toilet paper, so at this point you ask for refund and they say theres no money back.
so no choice you have to stay, crackheads and prstitutes screaming all night long you can't sleep. finally i went to another hotel. City of miami should close this place down!!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business

Rats

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends
usa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2008

I had not seen some of the reviews until a friend had asked me how my stay was. I went online to pull up the motels site to forward it to my friend. I was surprised by what I had read. I found the motel to be very acceptable for the price, it wasn't anything fancy, but i got a clean, quiet, and inexpensive room two miles from the center of downtown Miami. I only was there one night, but i had no problems with the room or staff, and i thought the price was right.

Ken

• Liked — location location location
  • Disliked — parking was a little tight, but great because it was free
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Green Bay, Titletown, WI
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2008

We had booked a reservation at another hotel for February and a week before we would arrive, they overbooked and switched us to this hotel. After reading all the reviews, I decided I could not stay here, so I immediately cancelled the reservation, and they told me there would not be any charges. It is now June, and we are still disputing the charge on our credit card. Whenever I call the hotel, I get a manager named Mark, and he tells me to call back when I get a better attitude and keeps hanging up on me. This place is a scam!! And they don't even put their phone number on the charge so it's very hard to get ahold of them. We did pass the hotel on our cab ride back to the airport, and we were SO happy we had not stayed there!

• Liked — Not staying there
  • Disliked — Horrible customer service
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled on business

Been to Wishes Motel? Share your experiences!