“TERRIBLE Experience” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Wishes Motel

Save Saved
You added Wishes Motel to your Saves list
Wishes Motel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3530 Biscayne Boulevard, Miami, FL 33137 (Formerly Airport Red Carpet Inn)   |
Ranked #120 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Tyler, Texas
“TERRIBLE Experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

MOST AWEFUL EXPERIENCE EVER !!! The towels were dirty and bathroom was horrible.The pictures posted looked good but turned nightware onsite.The room looked haunted.They asked 50$ deposit although we had enquired earlier while booking.This place is totally crap.Strict NO to this hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Wrightsville Beach, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

I canceled my reservation three hours after I made it for the next evening and still got charged for occupying a room. When I tried to call and cancel the receptionist did not speak a bit of english so I went back to the middle man (booking.com) to cancel. Now I am out $100.00

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

it is was dirty,i got sick no chairs,no tables,there were two dirty towels in the room,i would not recomend this hotel to my dog.This place needs to be closed down.and why are they asking for a $50.00 hold,we asked for a blanket and they said no blanket.Had a restless night! Never again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

We stayed 3 night in Miami. We reserved a room in this hotel for 200 dollars, and there thay gave us the room 111.
They said is one of the best rooms. Instead was terrible, we was scared to touch anything, the blakets were with a lot of stains and hairs. No chairs in the room, the restroom was terrible.
We asked to change room, and they said "why, is a beautiful room". We were so astonished of that affermation. The second day we stayed all the day out, and the evening we found the bed not prepared, no new towels, we asked for clean towels and they said they don't had others....
So, at the end, this motel is worse than sleep in the street. Next time choose everything but not that. My gf was horrified

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Cambridge, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

My husband booked this hotel the night before our cruise, without checking TripAdvisor's reviews. It seemed everything else was booked. Always check reviews! They were right:
1)mold in the shower 2) no blankets, except for a tiny, ragged grey piece of material in the closet 3) sketchy area 4) shredded door 5) sad excuses for 2 towels 6) questionable "carpet"--thin, dirty and stained
I was very uncomfortable staying here and questioned our safety as the door was indeed shredded on the outside. The bathroom window was open when we checked in the evening and I checked for insects. That was the one good thing--I never saw any insects.
Only if you cannot sleep in your car, should you stay here. I had to bring in my own blankets from our SUV, and wore my flipflops in the room. And the mold in the shower was gross. Never again!

Room Tip: Go on Trip Advisor and read reviews before booking. Even when booking at the last minute, always che...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Rochester, Michigan, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

I can confirm what others have been writing about. But first I need to let you know that the staff - some funny african-american guy - did his best to make us feel comfortable. The fax with the reservation data (and also the creditcard data) was lying in the booth which somebodz here called a lobby. everybody could take a look at pretty sensitive data from the outside. Than the credit card machine didn't work and we had to pay the deposit cash and - oh wonder - we got it back the next day.
The pool looked not too bad, but was closed. Furthermore in this area I would try to hide as much as I can as a caucasian guy and not expose more than necessary.
The room was pretty awfull. The wooden flore is quite a good idea I guess even if the rest needs more than a little TLC. Stained walls, totally rotten bathroom. Unfinished kitchenette, no decoration at all (except the one broken mirror), the AC was at the back of the room and I don't know, where it got it's air from. There was a big new plasma TV on the wall, mounted in a wooden frame that looked as if a 3 year old had put it together. The remote was missing and they were not able to offer a replacement because all had been stolen. So it didn't work at all...
The beds were too soft and not really clean. bedskirts were missing and the sheets - I didn't have my black light with me and I'm glad about it.
There actually was a girl right infront of me when we checked in, who wanted a room for less than a whole night. So these rumours seem right. WLAN was working, but no internet connection possible.
The area is pretty central but not nice!

If you are looking for a cheap night in a dry place, this could be better then sleeping at the bus stop. If you spend 50% more (which is about 30 bucks) you can get a real room...

Room Tip: spend more money and don't wast your time on vacation
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Las Vegas, Nevada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011 via mobile

Ok so this place is generally for hookers, back packers and other forms of low life. We paid for 2 nights at another hotel the hotel Roma and after one night had to check out, we ended up here at the wishes motel, instantly when I saw the "we rent rooms by the hour" I knew what we were getting into, however the location was good, the check in was painless, reception was just a tiny booth, they did take $50 bond which was returned. We had room 106 ground floor by pool, the door frame looked like it had been kicked in before several times by police or pimps, but it still managed to lock securly. Hardwood floors, king bed huge LCD tv on wall, 1 bedside cabinet, old clothes hanger thing on wheels, no other furniture. Sink in room with no coffee facilities or even cups. Bathroom was dated and had loose fittings and shower had no pressure. Bathroom door had a huge hole in it that they had taped over then painted, innovative but not effective, back of bathroom door had shoe prints all over the length of it. Some power points didn't work. We slept soundly and when checking out the front desk person seemed surprised we had been in 106 as the rooms on the ground floor are usually reserved for the "hourly" guests. The rooms upstairs apparantly have furniture. Yes is was not my 1st choice but it was better than anywhere in the NW streets of Miami.

• Stayed November 2011

Been to Wishes Motel? Share your experiences!