“Only if desperate, book this place!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Wishes Motel

Save Saved
You added Wishes Motel to your Saves list
Wishes Motel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3530 Biscayne Boulevard, Miami, FL 33137 (Formerly Airport Red Carpet Inn)   |
Ranked #121 of 130 hotels in Miami
Cambridge, Canada
“Only if desperate, book this place!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

My husband booked this hotel the night before our cruise, without checking TripAdvisor's reviews. It seemed everything else was booked. Always check reviews! They were right:
1)mold in the shower 2) no blankets, except for a tiny, ragged grey piece of material in the closet 3) sketchy area 4) shredded door 5) sad excuses for 2 towels 6) questionable "carpet"--thin, dirty and stained
I was very uncomfortable staying here and questioned our safety as the door was indeed shredded on the outside. The bathroom window was open when we checked in the evening and I checked for insects. That was the one good thing--I never saw any insects.
Only if you cannot sleep in your car, should you stay here. I had to bring in my own blankets from our SUV, and wore my flipflops in the room. And the mold in the shower was gross. Never again!

Room Tip: Go on Trip Advisor and read reviews before booking. Even when booking at the last minute, always che...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

35 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Rochester, Michigan, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

I can confirm what others have been writing about. But first I need to let you know that the staff - some funny african-american guy - did his best to make us feel comfortable. The fax with the reservation data (and also the creditcard data) was lying in the booth which somebodz here called a lobby. everybody could take a look at pretty sensitive data from the outside. Than the credit card machine didn't work and we had to pay the deposit cash and - oh wonder - we got it back the next day.
The pool looked not too bad, but was closed. Furthermore in this area I would try to hide as much as I can as a caucasian guy and not expose more than necessary.
The room was pretty awfull. The wooden flore is quite a good idea I guess even if the rest needs more than a little TLC. Stained walls, totally rotten bathroom. Unfinished kitchenette, no decoration at all (except the one broken mirror), the AC was at the back of the room and I don't know, where it got it's air from. There was a big new plasma TV on the wall, mounted in a wooden frame that looked as if a 3 year old had put it together. The remote was missing and they were not able to offer a replacement because all had been stolen. So it didn't work at all...
The beds were too soft and not really clean. bedskirts were missing and the sheets - I didn't have my black light with me and I'm glad about it.
There actually was a girl right infront of me when we checked in, who wanted a room for less than a whole night. So these rumours seem right. WLAN was working, but no internet connection possible.
The area is pretty central but not nice!

If you are looking for a cheap night in a dry place, this could be better then sleeping at the bus stop. If you spend 50% more (which is about 30 bucks) you can get a real room...

Room Tip: spend more money and don't wast your time on vacation
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Oakland, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011 via mobile

Ok so this place is generally for hookers, back packers and other forms of low life. We paid for 2 nights at another hotel the hotel Roma and after one night had to check out, we ended up here at the wishes motel, instantly when I saw the "we rent rooms by the hour" I knew what we were getting into, however the location was good, the check in was painless, reception was just a tiny booth, they did take $50 bond which was returned. We had room 106 ground floor by pool, the door frame looked like it had been kicked in before several times by police or pimps, but it still managed to lock securly. Hardwood floors, king bed huge LCD tv on wall, 1 bedside cabinet, old clothes hanger thing on wheels, no other furniture. Sink in room with no coffee facilities or even cups. Bathroom was dated and had loose fittings and shower had no pressure. Bathroom door had a huge hole in it that they had taped over then painted, innovative but not effective, back of bathroom door had shoe prints all over the length of it. Some power points didn't work. We slept soundly and when checking out the front desk person seemed surprised we had been in 106 as the rooms on the ground floor are usually reserved for the "hourly" guests. The rooms upstairs apparantly have furniture. Yes is was not my 1st choice but it was better than anywhere in the NW streets of Miami.

• Stayed November 2011
Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2011

The Wishes Motel (aka Villa Cortez Motel) at 4700 SW 8th St. in Miami has a requirement now that you make a $50 key deposit when you check in. It was made on my debit card and I returned it the day I checked out and got a credit slip. After 2 weeks have passed since I checked out, I called the motel several times and got several different answers, finally leading up to; "you have to go to your bank, because we made the credit transaction." It's not our problem if the money doesn't show up in your bank account.

I have better things to do with my time than go to my bank and start a charge dispute, although I have been forced to.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Cleveland, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2011

Most disgusting place I have ever stepped foot into. The so called "front desk/office" was a glass room with an automatic lock with signs saying "no prostitution". Upon arrival we asked to see the room first and were told no room viewing and no refunds. I walked out of the office area to keep my cool temperally and then I saw the black, moldy swimming pool. There was some form of "lady" running up and down the exposed hallway banging on doors and windows. We ended up leaving after I told the desk worker that we were not going to pay for the scum hole. She ripped up all of our paperwork and started screaming in something other than English. We are now fighting the bill to get rid of the charges for this scum hole that we would never stay in if it was the last building on earth. You will most likely be killed if you stay in this "little Havana"!!!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Lancaster, PA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2011

Under no circumstancs should anyone stay here. I didn't even know places still rented rooms by the hour. My wife and I picked up a business partner at the airport and took her to this hotel which she had booked on her own. The "lobby " is a glass booth in the parking lot. The lobby is the nicest part. The room was down a dingy corridor next to an alley strewn with trash and debris. Upon opening the door to the room I thought we were on set from CSI Miami. bare floors, broken countertop, the toilet sat in a cove large enough to turn around in and sit down. The jacuzzi tub was brown with mold and crud, the drain stopper was missing and the shower head dripped endlessly. there was a gap large enough to put your fingers through between the window and the wall frame. She asked for a different room and was told they were sold out, but she could use a shower in a dirty room until housekeeping cleaned her room the next day. She asked for a refund and was told no refunds under any circumstances. My wife and I took her to our hotel and she stayed on the couch. Stay away at all costs. This place should be torn down and replaced with a vacant lot.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Scotland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2011

Upon arrival at this hotel, we found that the parking was on the street in a very unsavoury neighbourhood.
I entered what passes for the reception area to be met with a sign which read "No prostitution or illegal activities"
The reception was dirty and in poor condition. The person behind the counter did not end his conversation with his "lady" friend.
We did not even look at the room as we felt totally unsafe there.
Do not go!!!!!!!
I would not recomment this hotel to an enemy never mind a friend.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Wishes Motel? Share your experiences!