“Couldn't be more convenient!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Miami International Airport Hotel

Save Saved
You added Miami International Airport Hotel to your Saves list
Miami International Airport Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   N.W. 20th Street & LeJeune Road, Inside MIA Concourse E, Miami, FL 33299-7510   |
Ranked #91 of 130 hotels in Miami
Dover, Ohio
“Couldn't be more convenient!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2009

We arrived in Miami around 5pm and had an 8am flight the next day, so we couldn't see spending big money on a waterfront hotel and the cab fare both ways. The airport hotel was absolutely perfect for us! Reception was friendly and efficient, and our room was nicely appointed, comfortable and very clean. The hallways are a bit drab, but who cares? Not us. Our room was quite small, but for the two of us for one night, it wasn't uncomfortable in the least. If I had to find a complaint, it was that the bathroom door was "spring loaded" and would slam shut loudly if you didn't hold it until it closed...again, no big deal.

Oh, one more compalint, all though it's not technically the hotel's fault. When we booked our room online, the site we used said that there is a pool/spa. I don't know whether it's being redone or if it's just closed permanently, but it wasn't open. We weren't majorly disappointed, but somewhat.

We did a little "airport shopping" as we'd been traveling very no frills for over two weeks. I got my hair done at the shop beside the hotel, Hubby bought a "Cuban" shirt, and I picked up some cheap jewelry to liven up a simple dress, then we went out for an awesome meal at Catch of the Day just a couple minutes from the hotel, having gotten the excellent suggestion from a poster on the Tripadvisor Miami forum. It may have just been a layover, but we had a great time in Miami and will probably structure our trip similarly next year.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

1,069 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
  • Finnish first
Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2009

I booked this hotel before reading the reviews.........then panicked. These reviews were awful, but since we had an early morning flight with a toddler, we decided to suck it up, keep our reservation - just for the sheer convenience of being at the airport without having to take a shuttle. I was stunned. The service was impeccable, the room impeccably clean, and the attitude of the staff was positive and accomodating. They really couldn't do enough for us. Now, we just had a middle of the road room - we are not the wealthy. They brought up a pack and play for our 2 year old, made it up with clean sheets right in front of me, and even left him his own soap and face cloth. It was so cute. Room services was fast and pleasant. Front desk was pleasant. The only downside was the room was small, but considering the convenience - I was A-OK with it. I would definitely recommend this hotel for those who need to be at the airport. You get what you expect to get.....expect the best!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Mexico DF
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2009

The hotel was OK for staying one night; the room windows are protected against noise but are not nice, the bathroom was OK but again I did not like the style. Hotel halls seemed to be old or maintenance was needed. I only stayed one night and I think that it was good but it is not an hotel that I would stay for long periods.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
delaware
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2009

My husband and I were in Key West for 5 nights (our first vacation in 4 years without the kids). We were having to much fun and lost track of time. When we got to the airport we were 5 minutes too late to check in for the flight and could only get a flight out at 6am the next morning. We decided lets just suck it up get a hotel some beer a pizza and watch a movie. Well we got the room. $119. It was cute, modern, decent for price. when i went to the bathroom the door got stuck on the toilet. We went for the pizza came back to the hotel to order beer 5.95 per miller light! ugh. sucked it up. ordered a movie $15! ugh. sucked again. while watching the movie i started to hear clanging sounds which i thought were coming from outside the window and thought nothing of it. we were in the middle of the airport. well after the movie and beer i had to use the potty again. i walked in and stepped in feces. i freaked and thought my husband overflowed the toilet. we then established that neither one of us had taken a #2 in the toilet since we arrived. which meant that it was someone elses crap that i had stepped in. barf! i called the front desk to which they told me to stay there they were coming up. they sent a security guard to escort me to my new room and expected me to carry my luggage. not happening. while waiting for them to send a cart the maintenence man arrived and said we had just used too much TP. are you kidding me this was not my crap and not my TP. I was livid. I went down to the front desk to let them know how disgusted i was with how they brushed it off like "oh your fault" and the fact that someone elses dung was on MY FOOT. i got "sorry". at checkout the woman gives me my bill and says "are you the toilet lady"....uh yeah i am. "would you like me to take of $20"...i would like you to do more but do what you feel is right. so i got $20 for stepping in a stranger poo! thanks alot. I would never ever stay in this hell whole ever in my life!

• Liked — convenience
  • Disliked — poop
  • Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
luv2trvl247
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2009

We booked a day room here post cruise. While our brief encounter with the staff at the front desk was pleasant, the room was so horribly dingy, dirty, and smelly that my 9 year old daughter wouldn't even sit down. Someone gave another guest our same room and within minutes of being there the stranger unlocked and opened our door. I don't know who was more startled.

We couldn't even stay there for a few hours. We forfeited our money (all except about $20 that they took off the bill) and checked into another airport hotel for the day.

• Liked — location inside airport
  • Disliked — the room
  • Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Sidney, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2009

Convenience. Period. If this hotel was anywhere but right in the airport terminal, it probably wouldn't exist. We stayed here twice, passing through Miami on either end of a trip to Belize. We arrived late in the evening, checked in, and found that both the restaurant and room service had closed early. The front desk had no explanation for this. There are very limited choices in the airport at that time of night, so we made do with vending machine cuisine. Lovely. The rooms are small and have been minimally updated. I do have to say that the beds are comfortable. The phones in the hotel would not phone "out", which was a major inconvenience along with the lack of food. On the way back, 3 weeks later, we were really not looking forward to staying here again, but due to the pure convenience of the location, we stuck with our reservation and did so. We arrived earlier and the restaurant was still open. The service was horrible, and the food was pretty marginal. All in all, if you have a very short turn around and need a bed- this place is in the best location. If you have time- stay somewhere else. It's also amusing that the hotel states that the 8th floor is "temporarily closed"- until 2007. Last time I checked, it was 2009. It's still closed!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2009

Due to an early flight out of MIA, my wife and I decided to stay here so that we could return our rental car the night before. Keep in mind that all OTHER hotels near the airport have free shuttles. Shortly after arriving (before returning the rental car), I left our room to get our luggage. When I got to the lobby, the elevator door would not open. After using the emergency phone and waiting 40 minutes, Fire/Rescue showed up to pry open the doors. one of the FR personnel told me that due to the age of the elevators, they get the same call 3-4 times/week. For my trouble, management was kind enough to provide me with a $10 food coupon at the airport (enough to buy a bagel). It was just dumb luck I was not on my way to catch a plane!! DIRTY ROOMS, LOUSY SERVICE, RUN AWAY and stay at ANY other hotel near MIA. Good luck to those who don't listen.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business

Been to Miami International Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!