“Very poor service” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Miami International Airport Hotel

You added Miami International Airport Hotel to your Saves list
Miami International Airport Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   N.W. 20th Street & LeJeune Road, Inside MIA Concourse E, Miami, FL 33299-7510   |
Ranked #75 of 115 Hotels in Miami
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Very poor service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We have stayed at this hotel previously and it has since been renovated and it now a lovely hotel but.... We arrived after a long delayed flight from London and when we checked in one of our 2 rooms which should have had beds for 3 only had one bed. My daughter told reception who reallocated her another room. My daughter explained that we were still occupying one of the rooms. We had gone to bed when someone tried to get into our room. Next the phone rang and a very rude receptionist accused us of not being checked into the hotel. How she thought we had got into the room was puzzling. My husband explained the situation but she wouldn't have it. Next a security man rang then arrived at the door. My husband again explained and he listened and eventually brought us another key as ours had been wiped. It was now 300 body time and I think at the least we should have had an apology. Everything else was fine except for the surly rude attitude of the receptionist

• Stayed July 2015, traveled with family
Harve R, General Manager at Miami International Airport Hotel, responded to this review, yesterday
Thank you for your comments. I apologize for the poor commuication from the front desk. I thank you for the feedback and I will address your issue with the front office. Harve rosenthal General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
  • Finnish first
Winchester, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Wee were traveling from St Croix to Washington, DC through Miami with my 80 year old mother in law when all flights to Washington, DC were cancelled. After rebooking for the the next day, we booked rooms at the Marriott. From the beginning of the shuttle experience, we were impressed. The shuttle driver, Richard, was the best airport shuttle driver we have ever encountered. He was polite, pleasant and accommodating, particularly with my mother in laws needs (with mobility issues). He assisted her in the vehicle and brought a wheelchair for her when we arrived at the hotel. The front destroy staff were also pleasant and accommodating. the dining/bar staff did not disappoint as well. I am not usually impressed by airport hotels but The staff at this hotel made a very unpleasant travel day pleasant in the end. We will stay at Marriott properties in the future if available solely because of the staff at this hotel.

• Stayed August 2015, traveled with family
Philadelphia area
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We were a captive consumer since our flight was delayed and re-scheduled such that we needed to be there. The bed, pillows, and reading lights were fine--our main concerns. However, the room temperature was too cold, then too warm when we adjusted it--hard to get to a normal level such that we had difficulty sleeping.
The shower was fine, but the drain did not work such that water from the evening shower was still a deep pond in the morning. The Wi-Fi was free but cumbersome to connect to--and then the access numbers changed at midnight. Also, the connection was lost whenever we disconnected our device and we had to go through the rigmarole all over again.
The biggest negative was the 'top of the port' restaurant on the 7th floor, the only place that airport vouchers could be used. It was a great rip-off with poor food and service, and a scam in the billing, as I will describe in my review of that. What a shame that there are no alternatives!

• Stayed August 2015, traveled as a couple
Harve R, General Manager at Miami International Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for your comments. I apologize for the tub not draining and the a/c not being able to adjust. I appreciate your feedback as it shouldn't happen and I assure you this will be corrected. I will contact the restaurant personnel and inform them there was an issue. Harve Rosenthal General Manager
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Only stay at this hotel in case of necessity.
Don't let the lobby fool you.
It is a very basic hotel in need of an urgent renovation.
Rug is worn out, doors are very old, room extremely basic, bathroom the same.
Toiletry same as a motel.
Staff was borderline rude, I asked for help because my wifi would not work and the guy at the reception was basically telling me that worked for everybody not for me (not in a friendly tone)
The very good thing about the hotel is that stepping out the airport exit doors... There it is, perfect for a long layover, nothing else

Stayed August 2015, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments.I apologize for the inconveince of the wifi not working but will look into this issue. The carpet has been replaced a year ago.Thank you for staying at the hotel and please stop on your next trip and you will find our services meet your expectations.
Wpb Fl
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Location is awesome since I was doing work at the airport.
Staff are very helpful and nice.
Not very many choices for a decent meal. The restraunt at Hotel was in a conference room so I did not eat there. Very easy to hop on to the MIA mover then take Metro Rail downtown for Dinner
Internet was aweful from my room. 1 bar to none.
Had to get my Breakfast coupon every night before the next morning. Stayed 4 nights and it would have been better and easier to get all my breakfast coupons at check in.
Had to get the Internet codes every other day
Room was very small.

Stayed August 2015, traveled on business
Harve R, General Manager at Miami International Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for your comments. I apologize for the inconvenience for not receiving your breakfast coupons and internet code upon check in. Harve Rosenthal General manager
Calgary
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Due to a flight interruption I needed a hotel to spend the night . So I called the hotel and rooms were available so I went and booked a room " got to admin it was fast to check in " went up to the elevator and the hallways looked pretty old school. Room was ok looking but there was nothing amazing for the price. I was hungry so went to the restaurant and there wasn't much chives on the menu , so I ordered a burger and a beer , not the greatest but I was hungry so. I'm pretty sure I could've stayed at the Hilton or the Sheraton for way less money and way better quality . I don't think ill be staying here again if I need to. Only reason I stayed here was because it was right inside the airport, but I guess next time I'll just go and take the shuttle bus and stay at the Hilton .

• Stayed July 2015, traveled solo
Thank you for your comments.We are only step to your next destination. I apologize for the limited menu in the restaurant but it is under renovation. Once again thank you for your feedback,it enables us to continue to meet your expectations. Harve Rosenthal General Manager
Littleton, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed here because missed a flight connection. Used the Stay at Home app to find it but had hard time actually finding it in the airport due to lack of signage. The registration desk is on the 2nd level of the E concourse. Hallways are long and room doors are like old motel room doors. The windows are very strange but they work - I never heard a plane while I was in the room. The bed was comfy but that is about the only positive. In order to plug in my iPad, I had to unplug the bedside lamp so I had no light. The toilet would not completely flush no matter how many times I tried. I ate at the hotel restaurant because nothing else was open in the airport near the hotel by the time I got there (except a 24/7 Subway close by). I was disappointed in the hotel restaurant. Seating is either along a dim hallway with windows to the airport or in a very bright room than looks like a banquet room. Menu is limited and they didn't have all items. I had the club sandwich which was delivered with soggy toast and without the bacon. But in spite of all that, the room was convenient and the bed was fine so it can do if you are stuck at the airport.

• Stayed August 2015, traveled solo
Tahnk you for your comments.I apologize for the inconvenience of the commode. I will address the issue with the restaruant about the limited menu. Harve Rosenthal General Manager.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami
Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel
4.0 of 5 stars 1,835 reviews
HYATT house Miami Airport
Sleep Inn at Miami International Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon

Been to Miami International Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!