“Perfect layover” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Miami International Airport Hotel

You added Miami International Airport Hotel to your Saves list
Miami International Airport Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   N.W. 20th Street & LeJeune Road, Inside MIA Concourse E, Miami, FL 33299-7510   |
Ranked #75 of 113 Hotels in Miami
Sydney, Australia
“Perfect layover”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We had a 6am international flight and chose to stay here. A great choice. Beds were very comfortable, Immaculately clean room and bathroom, bath and shower. What surprised me was how quiet it was. We could see planes taking off but couldn't hear a thing. We didn't bother with the restaurant just used the airport food places.
The hotel is on the cusp of terminal E and terminal D. We were on AA out of D and it was about a five minute walk straight out of the lift.
By the way if the check in kiosks and counters don't open until 4am so don't bother getting there at 3.30!

• Stayed June 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
  • Finnish first
Medellin, Colombia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I decided to stay at this hotel because I had a 6 am flight. It's very conveniently located inside the airport, but that's about it.
I had dinner at the hotel restaurant and it was being remodeled so it was very hot, the food was average.
One good thing is that you don't hear any noise from the airplanes.
The rooms haven't been renovated I guess for a long time so you feel you are back in the 80s. the bed was comfortable.
I don't think I would stay here again if I don't have to, there are great hotels very close to the airport.

• Stayed June 2015, traveled on business
Harve R, General Manager at Miami International Airport Hotel, responded to this review, yesterday
Thank you for your comments. I appreciate the fact that you didn't hear any noise and you had a good nights rest. I apologize that the restaruant is being renovated but I will look into the temperature. It sounds like it was great to be a few steps to your next flight. Harve Rosenthal General Manager
Amersham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

I have stayed here before and this time I was hoping for a lie in without getting up early.
When I was last here the rooms were being refurbished and the room was clean and bed really comfortable .
My issues are not really the hotels responsibility. I settled down to bed at 10pm then I realised how thin the walls are. People came in next door and all I could hear till about 1115 were raised voices. I could hear every word. When it stopped I managed to sleep till about 6 when they woke up and must admit we're not quiet. Once they checked out I went back to sleep. At 8 am the housekeeping came down the passage then I had to get up.
I didn't get the lie in I craved for and had two long flights ahead of me

Room Tip: Bring ear plugs as walls are thin
  • Stayed June 2015, traveled solo
Harve R, General Manager at Miami International Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Thank you for your comments. I apologize for the interruption from the guests in the hallways but I am happen to know you enjoyed the hotels cleanliness and service. It is great to be steps away from the gate so you can sleep later. Have a great day and we will see you on your next trip.Harve Rosenthal General Manager.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Amazing views and excellent excellent staff. Great breakfast and pool. Hotel has complementary shuttle service (10mins to to the airport). Ask for overlooking to lagoon. My special gratefulness to Elsa (front desk) and Hector to make my stay even better

Stayed June 2015, traveled solo
yuma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

What to say about Miami international hotel??? I guess that it is extremely practical and it ends there. We had room 743. It faced a roof could see part of the tarmac. The hotel should be updated to the 21st century. I guess it would be a one star hotel if it were not for the convenience of being able to have 15 more minutes of sleep when your flight departs so very early in the morning. Please treat your guest with a bit more respect and do make your rooms more comfortable.

Stayed June 2015, traveled on business
Harve R, General Manager at Miami International Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for your comments.We will be finishing a soft goods change over shortly which will enhance the guest room but I appreciate the fact that you find the cleanliness and the fact you are steps to the gate the next morning. On your next trip you will see the difference also thanks about the friendliness to be looked upon.Harve Rosenthal General Manager
Fort Myers, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We were leaving early for our Costa Rica vacation so thought we'd spend one night prior to our flight. We have stayed here before due to its convenience for flights, however, the hotel was renovating the restaurant/bar and the only option was a 'conference room' setup. The room was small, but clean and actually quiet. The food at the restaurant for dinner was dry and tasteless...possibly due to limited cooking facilities, but certainly not up to par! Service was mediocre at night and excellent during breakfast, however, again a very limited menu. We decided next time we'll just fly from Fort Myers, where we live, and bypass Miami!

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Thank you for comments.Yes the restaurant is currently under construction and I do apologize but when completed you will be very pleased..Just remeber you are only steps from the gate which makes it easier and you can sleep longer,once thanks and looking forward to your return Harv Rosenthal General manager.
New Westminster, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

For over $110 a night to fill in a 10 hour layover (your can't enter security if your connection is the next morning) this little corner of the airport should be left well alone,
Walls are paper thin, and the security guards come and scoot away anyone near the lobby (counter productive to make the area look well-visited).
Don't stay here

Room Tip: Go down the road
  • Stayed June 2015, traveled solo
Thank you for your comments.I apologize for the thin walls. Also we don't like people hanging around the lobby if they aren't staying in the hotel it is purely for the guest convenience. Yes you do have to go thru security if you spend the night but you are only steps to your next destination. Have a great day. Harve Rosenthal General Manager.

Been to Miami International Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!