“Officially the Worst Hotel Experience of My Life” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Miami International Airport Hotel

You added Miami International Airport Hotel to your Saves list
Miami International Airport Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   N.W. 20th Street & LeJeune Road, Inside MIA Concourse E, Miami, FL 33299-7510   |
Ranked #73 of 110 Hotels in Miami
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Officially the Worst Hotel Experience of My Life”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Apparently there is a Bathroom Bandit stalking the halls of this hotel. When I entered my hotel room, I first noticed that it was the size of a clothes closet. However, since I was only going to sleep for a few hours, I quickly dropped my suitcase and went to the bathroom the make water. When I lifted the toilet seat, I found that the Bathroom Bandit had left a sizeable and disgusting contribution already.

I have never in my life seen something like this! Immediately, I wondered how someone could have said that the room was clean when s/he knew that someone had used the toilet and not cleaned it. It had to be a sort of sick joke. Things got worse, however.

When I went back to the front desk to complain about the filth in the bathroom, the clerks tried to downplay the offensiveness of what I had seen and experienced. Finally, they gave me another room after I had to raise my voice. Disgraceful!

I will never return to this hotel.

Room Tip: Check for cleanliness
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
  • Finnish first
central missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This hotel is old and it's obvious. The staff was friendly and our room was clean, although on the smallish side. The whole place is in need of renovating. The best part is the location if you need to stay overnight. We'd stay again, but for that reason only.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Nashville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I stayed in the Miami International Airport hotel because my flight was the day after my stay and I thought, how convenient- I'll be right there! I had just finished a cruise for business and was beyond exhausted so sleep was my priority. The walls are paper thin, and although check out is at noon, the staff began trying to get me out of my room at 8 AM! They came into my room while I was sleeping twice and said 'oh! Sorry! Wanted to clean, we will come back later' and then I put the latch lock on the door and they attempted to get in two more times. The front desk also called me twice and hung up and when I returned the call to see what they needed they said 'I don't know who called you honey, not my problem.' Needless to say, I did NOT get the rest I was hoping for and will never ever stay there again. The staff is rude, the hotel is noisy and not very nice and they want you out ASAP.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I stayed here about 4 months ago and noticed that they did not have an iron on the room. I've stayed at Super 8's and they have irons. Got to my room this visit around midnight. Remembered no iron so I called house keeping and they said they would bring one up. 45 minutes later, nothing. Nothing at all. Next morning I woke up in a rush and called again at 9:00am. I explained I really needed an iron in 20 minutes. 30 minutes later, nothing. As I was leaving I remembered something else... no do not disturb signs. Seriously! I think these have been standard in every hotel for the past 200 years. How can a hotel over-look things that are so simple and common. Other things that are sub par but not deal breakers... who though it was a good idea to furnish an ottoman as a chair to a desk? Clearly management is out of touch with the real world. I LOVE the ease of the hotels location. Unfortunately I will no longer be giving them my business.

Room Tip: Stay some place else.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Little Cayman
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed here as I had a late arrival and early departure. I was shocked when I saw the room. Tiny, small window and the walls covered in thick dust. No way would I want to stay here again. Bed was uncomfortable too. However it was convenient.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Danbury, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

If you are staying for a quick over night it's super convenient (despite the typical 15 long minute airport walk to anywhere) but not if you want good food or any sight seeing. Rooms are average but comfortable. The complimentary breakfast is much better than most "freebee" breakfasts with eggs bacon home fries coffee in a comfortable room overlooking the runways.

Skillman, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

It's definitely very convenient for overnight flight connections. Staff is friendly and the check in check out was pretty seamless. And amazingly there is barely any flight noise.
But otherwise, for the high price, it's not a great hotel at all - room had a musty odor - livable for a night, no free continental breakfast - that could be an added value the hotel should add.
There are a host of hotels around the airport but I chose this because of a very early connection and didn't want to deal with airport shuttles.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Been to Miami International Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!