“OK for A Sleepover” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Miami International Airport Hotel

You added Miami International Airport Hotel to your Saves list
Miami International Airport Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   N.W. 20th Street & LeJeune Road, Inside MIA Concourse E, Miami, FL 33299-7510   |
Ranked #74 of 112 Hotels in Miami
Oxford, United Kingdom
“OK for A Sleepover”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This is right on concourse E in the main terminal building so a short walk from international arrivals and ideal if you arrive late and want a sleepover without having the hassle of a shuttlebus, etc. ... Which was exactly the scenario.
Other than that, the best part about it was leaving!
It's a dingy depressing environment, completely impersonal, long dimly lit corridors, pokey little rooms with horrible décor and small windows that are chained shut!
In my opinion, atmosphere wise, airport hotels fall into two categories – lively and buzzing with the excitement of cosmopolitan people coming and going from many dynamic destinations … or transient and restless with the feeling that no one is the slightest bit interested in your ’experience ‘.
This - in my own experience - fell into the latter!
Many of these airport properties don't care about service or getting any repeat business because they don’t need it … they will get business anyway.
Having said that, the room was clean and the facilities were adequate. I didn't sleep well because I didn't feel comfortable – rather than because the bed was bad – it was one of those places I simply didn’t want to be, and once that tone is set – that’s it!
I didn’t feel particularly safe either – I put the big camera case right against the door.
The WIFI was free and worked well, although the first time I called reception (as the instructions on the keycard and those onscreen) didn’t quite add up, the woman was rude and made me feel really bad for disturbing her. The second time I spoke to another person who shouted at me aggressively that the WIFI was actually not working … but this wasn’t the case. I followed the instructions methodically ... and got online.
There was a nice framed vintage photo on the wall of a wheel and undercarriage on a 1920s or 30s airplane, with the background of the airfield defocussed, which I really liked. I found it oddly misplaced to find an arty attractive photo in such an uninviting place! Poor photo!
At $192 in my opinion it was well overpriced for a scruffy overnighter I checked out as early as I could in the morning and will make sure I avoid staying again!

Stayed March 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
  • Finnish first
Galway, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Arrived here after being awake and travelling for 28 hours and had a 6 hour lay-over.
All I can say is that the location is extremely convenient, the room is clean, the bed comfortable and that the shower was perfect for waking me up the next morning.

London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I recently arrived into Miami after a 10 hour international flight and booked into this hotel to get some rest before my connecting flight that evening. Another 9 hour international flight. The room stank and was dark and drab. Also, the housekeeping staff did nothing but shout down the corridor at one another which is very unprofessional not to mention thoughtless given that most people use this hotel to rest. I failed to sleep due to the permanent noise. Don´t book here if you need to sleep. At over USD120 plus taxes this was a total waste of money and I left exhausted. Worst hotel I´ve ever stayed at!

Room Tip: Don´t stay here...go somewhere else
panama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

"MIA Hotel features elegantly appointed accommodations that create a warm and peaceful atmosphere" & "All rooms are equipped with premium bedding (Sealy Posturepedic sleep system)"- don't believe this marketing for a minute - at 200$ per night with a captive audience, the hotel room was filthy, the wi-fi non-existent [ they blamed the airport wi-fi .....guess what, that's the one the hotel utilizes ], bed was lumpy, fixtures scratched, ventilator fan falling out of ceiling, bathroom was down right disgusting, asked for a change of room and was told "no - I would have to wait till the next morning, right, after my check out. I travel extensively and understand a hotel trying to market itself as the best but don't believe for a minute this place is anything they say. The bed had no comforter or even a bed spread and the mattress was not Sealy nor was the bedding luxurious. Spare yourself the displeasure and Uber or taxi your way 5 minutes to real hotel. Management to date has never replied to my calls and emails with pictures.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I had a connection flight at 6AM and took advantage of the hotel location (inside the airport) to spend the night. Rooms were clean and well organized. The wi-fi Internet did not work in my cell phone. The hotel is in the same terminal of some restaurant and shopping area.

Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

we have stayed at the hotel in the airport in the past. The rooms are clean and adequate for a brief stay. On this trip we arrived at the airport at 12:30am and we were very happy that we didn't have to leave the airport. We were disappointed that the hotel restaurant was not open. We the found the cleaning and security staff very helpful in directing us to places which were open - nothing fancy (dunkin' donuts), but ok when you are hungry. The beds are comfortable. It was nice to get up in the morning, have a good breakfast at the hotel restaurant and easily get to the car rental place. The last time we stayed here we had a connecting flight in the morning we found staying here to be very convenient. Would highly recommend.

Room Tip: Be prepared for small rooms.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Green Bay, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Needed to spend a night as our flight was early in the morning. Only spent about 10 hours there as we flew in from Bolivia that day. One of the worst hotels I have ever stayed at. The room was a shoebox. The wallpaper was peeling, the shade was frayed, the shower floor had major grime and the bedskirt was torn. Would NEVER stay there again. How they could put someone in a room like that for $200 is beyond me.

Room Tip: Don't be next to the elevator as you can hear it every time it dings.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family

Been to Miami International Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!