“Traveling to Cancun Mexico” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Miami International Airport Hotel

You added Miami International Airport Hotel to your Saves list
Miami International Airport Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   N.W. 20th Street & LeJeune Road, Inside MIA Concourse E, Miami, FL 33299-7510   |
Ranked #74 of 110 Hotels in Miami
Norfolk, Virginia
“Traveling to Cancun Mexico”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

Miami Airport is a great airport with great restaurants and shops. This is a beautiful Airport that works extremely hard moving millions of passengers
Thru as professionally as possible. It is a wonderful choice to quickly get to Caribbean locations. It is a top pick.

Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
  • Finnish first
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Wow - this place is disgusting.

The only things not totally filthy in my room were the sheets (which didn't really fit the bed) and the towels--one of which was had a 6" rip in it.

There is a small shelf suspended above the crappy chipped-up luggage rack. I placed a few shirts up there to get them out of my way while rooting through my suitcase. Two of the shirts are quite likely ruined from the filth on the shelf that transferred to them (a thick layer of dust and an oily residue that oxiclean wouldn't touch on my first attempt).

When I went to bed I found that the mattress had slipped down on the box springs leaving a several inch gap under the pillows. It was full of hair, dust, a baggie twist-tie, and an earring. Nice. If it hadn't been 11:40pm at this point I would have checked out and found another place to stay. As it was, I sucked it up, pushed the mattresses back in place and prayed there weren't any bedbugs (amazingly I didn't see any sign of them).

The fabric wall-covering was peeling down in several places and ripped-up in others. My tiny window was filthy both inside and out (view of the airport asphalt rooftop). After a shower I briefly walked around barefoot-- my feet stuck to the floor and turned black...

There is absolutely nothing nice about the rooms, not even the quality of sleep as the neighbors' showers woke me up at 04:15. It couldn't have been any louder on their side of the wall.

For this glorious room I paid nearly 200.00 incl. tax. Even the in-airport location is not good enough to justify that. I feel totally ripped-off and totally disgusted. Just recounting my experience makes me want another shower.

Room Tip: The only way to get a good room is to choose another hotel.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled solo
Scotland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We decided on this hotel as it is only a trolley push to the check in desk and as we had a lot of luggage it seemed the obvious choice. Checking in there were no issues, the staff were polite and helpful along with the guy who brought up our luggage. The room was a reasonable size with 2 queen beds. We felt the room was a bit tired and in need of an upgrade. The silicon around the bath tub was coming away and we found hairs in the bath which was a bit off putting! The shower ran very hot for moments then cooler which I disliked. Dinner was a bit uninspiring and the service not great, plus the restaurant needs overhauled it too seems tired. We were quite annoyed at the guy who came to pick up our luggage the following morning as we wanted to go for breakfast but he refused to look after our luggage stating that he would need the luggage trolley for other guests - fair enough but he could have offered to put our luggage onto airport trolley for us. We had to find these ourselves and then decided to forgo breakfast as it was going to be too much hassle for our bags to be left. When my husband tipped him he counted the notes as if in disgust which we thought was very rude, he was actually lucky to get anything as he was most unhelpful. I don't think we would return...

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The one reason to stay here is it is right in the airport. But it wasn't clean with hair on the floor, and grime on the window. The furniture was old and chipped, as was the shower - which also produced tepid water. There was also no bedspread, just a sheet. The staff seemed as tired as the room.

Montgomery, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This hotel has a lot of really interesting pictures on its walls Miami's airport back in its days of yore, and the hotel has not changed much in the interim. We made a reservation months in advance to be sure to make our flight the next morning and still ended up with as small a room as we have ever had in the US. The lounge on the seventh floor is very comfortable with a good view. Food was good as well, nice evening. But we would take a shuttle to an offsite hotel in the future.

muenchen
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

The Hotel is run down, very narrow and gives the impression of a fourth class hotel in a dark railway station area. Even when I booked the room month in advance they gave us a room directly located at the elevators. The carpet was dirty, the bathroom run down. the only good thing besinde the fact, that we could do the check in in the middle of the night for our flights the following day (as the hotel was only a few steps away from the check in area) was a nice breakfast. The people at the check in where unfriendly, almost ignorant. 236 Dollars is a high price for such a low level hotel.

Room Tip: away from the elevators and as high up as possible.
Derby, Kansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Too high priced for what you get. Stayed here for convenience but not worth it. Most good food options were beyond security and bars were way overpriced. For smokers you must go out thru airport and across drive to get to smoking area

Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends

Been to Miami International Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!