“You only stay here because you have no other choice!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Miami International Airport Hotel

Save Saved
You added Miami International Airport Hotel to your Saves list
Miami International Airport Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   N.W. 20th Street & LeJeune Road, Inside MIA Concourse E, Miami, FL 33299-7510   |
Ranked #91 of 129 hotels in Miami
London
“You only stay here because you have no other choice!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This hotel is for convenience only. The reception staff ( if you can find anyone) do not want to be there. I arrived at 5pm on Sunday to find a long line and one receptionist. I asked if there were anyone else at the back that could start checking us in. The night manager refused to come out.
The line started to grow and the white male on the counter had to go into the back and get his colleague( the night manager)
He clearly did not want to be there.
He ambled slowly to the counter and checked me in.
You can stay near the airport for under $65.
I paid $107 for a single room.
My flight was at 7am and so I decided to stay here to save being shuttled from hotel to terminal.
If you don't need to stay at the airport- choose one of the hotels nearby.
My room was nice, but the bed cover was stained and worn.
I decided not to complain as I did not feel it would go anywhere.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

1,064 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
  • Finnish first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Having missed my connecting flight I was forced to stay in the airport hotel. The room was clean but basic. Staff were great though and had a really nice breakfast at Top of the Port the server was so friendly. Great if you just want a quick night's stay.

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
houston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Recently stranded in Miami waiting for a flight to Turks and Caicos (thanks to tropical storm Chritobal), I switched from Hampton Inn to the Hilton so I could take advantage of restaurants and room service as opposed to fast food chains around the airport. The menu is disappointing and considering the prices, it was not worth the switch(I paid almost 20 bucks for a grilled cheese sandwich off the kids menu).
For breakfast, I came downstairs to the dining area. I didn't want the buffet (22 a person) but instead ordered an omelet. The wait staff informed me if I did that, the coffee would be extra and not included ((6.00 extra-ha! Shame on you Hilton.)). The poor waitress could not understand why I would pay the same amount as buffet for less food, but I explained it was just a healthier choice.
I love the Hilton properties and Hilton Miami gets big points for their waitstaff, but my rating can only be average due to meal pricing

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Trinidad
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Bordering on Ok for a convenient place to rest your head for a late arrival and an early departure since it is right in Concourse E inside of the airport. On our trip in, the tub didn't drain and for the trip out, the shower didn't work. Obviously the management need to pay special attention to the plumbing since on a layover all you really want is a clean room, comfortable bed and a hot shower. But I did get an ... "oh sorry" from the reception staff...lol. For an airport hotel inside a major hub like MIA, the hotel is a disappointment especially for the price you pay.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Alcobaca, Portugal
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

When your layover in MIA is longer than 6 hours between flights you have the option, either during the day or night, of staying in one of the their rooms for relaxing, nap or just refresh with a long shower. Suggesting; enjoy your breakfast on the 7th floor restaurant, food is OK and the staff is friendly and welcoming. Only detail to improve: day stay should start by 8 am. and not by 10.00 am. as it is right now.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Faribault, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I truly never want to see Miami airport again!! It never fails I get stranded in this airport... It's not best hotel but it beats the airport by a long shot!! My room was clean staff was friendly and after 36 hours with no luggage clothes or person care items I was a mess!! Front desk got me all the person care items they had ,went out of there way to personally call me cab, speak to cab driver to get me to store for clothes then helped get rental car so I could drive back to Minnesota :) the front desk kindness made up for anything in hotel I did not like ...

• Stayed July 2014
MiaHotel, General Manager at Miami International Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear JannaC,

I appreciate you for taking the time and sharing your feedback with us and all of our Tripadvisor community.

I appreciate your compliment and acknowledgement towards our front desk staff and the excellent customer service and kindness.

We are satisfied to know that we exceeded your expectations and collaborated to making your travel a great experience.

Please stop by and visit us on your next stop to the Miami International Airport.

Harve Rosenthal
GM
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This is a great option for those with an overnight layover in Miami. No shuttle bus to deal with, the hotel entrance is waiting for you just upstairs from the baggage claim. Staying here allows you to easily eat from many restaurants that are in the airport but just outside of security. Not great food, but choice nevertheless. There is also a restaurant on the top floor of the hotel, and the breakfast (included) was excellent. I have stayed here three times and have been amazed how little plane noise there is. This last stay, there was actually much more noise from the water pipes of people showering in neighboring rooms early in the morning.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Dear ivansamuels1,
Thank you for your positive feedback regarding your stay at the Miami International Airport hotel.

I am happy to know that you enjoyed staying with us and that you found our location to be practical and convenient for your travel. We are also pleased to learn that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast at the top of the port restaurant.

We hope to see you again on your next stop to the Miami International Airport.

Harve Rosenthal
GM

Been to Miami International Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!