“Miami, Miami,Miami” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Miami International Airport Hotel

Save Saved
You added Miami International Airport Hotel to your Saves list
Miami International Airport Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   N.W. 20th Street & LeJeune Road, Inside MIA Concourse E, Miami, FL 33299-7510   |
Ranked #90 of 129 hotels in Miami
Faribault, Minnesota
“Miami, Miami,Miami”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

I truly never want to see Miami airport again!! It never fails I get stranded in this airport... It's not best hotel but it beats the airport by a long shot!! My room was clean staff was friendly and after 36 hours with no luggage clothes or person care items I was a mess!! Front desk got me all the person care items they had ,went out of there way to personally call me cab, speak to cab driver to get me to store for clothes then helped get rental car so I could drive back to Minnesota :) the front desk kindness made up for anything in hotel I did not like ...

• Stayed July 2014

1,056 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
  • Finnish first
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This is a great option for those with an overnight layover in Miami. No shuttle bus to deal with, the hotel entrance is waiting for you just upstairs from the baggage claim. Staying here allows you to easily eat from many restaurants that are in the airport but just outside of security. Not great food, but choice nevertheless. There is also a restaurant on the top floor of the hotel, and the breakfast (included) was excellent. I have stayed here three times and have been amazed how little plane noise there is. This last stay, there was actually much more noise from the water pipes of people showering in neighboring rooms early in the morning.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

The hotel is situated in the South Terminal so no shuttle needed. It is however not well signposted so ask airport staff and they will give you directions. The hotel and the rooms are not great but ok for a night in the airport if you have a late arrival and need to leave early.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
MiaHotel, General Manager at Miami International Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Kasper B,
Thank you for staying with us at the Miami International Airport Hotel. I appreciate you letting us know about your stay.
I am happy to know that you enjoyed staying with us. I would also like to thank you for sharing how the lack of signage throughout the airport was an issue to you when locating the hotel.
Once again, thank you and I hope to see you again on your next stop to the Miami International Airport.

Bridgetown, Barbados
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

This hotel is convenient because of its location. For a lay-over between flights, it is perfect. Apart from that, however, I could not recommend it. I had had very bad experiences with this property in the past, but on hearing that it was renovating, I decided to give it another try. The room I was given was unbelievably small. It appeared that the sheets were the wrong size for the bed, so the bed was uncomfortable. I ordered room service - the quality and the presentation of the food was poor. I don't think that I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Dear MsTraveller48,
Thank you for taking the time and sharing your experience with us and our Tripadvisor community.

I would like to start by apologize for the inconvenience you encountered whiles staying with us. Please know that I have shared your feedback with my executive housekeeper along with our food and beverage director.

I thank you for sharing this information with us, as it will allow us to correct issue.

I truly hope you give us another opportunity to be of service you in the future.
Dallas, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I had the best time! My bed was extremely comfortable and everything was very nice. I recommend this hotel to anybody who has to stay in this airport for a long period of time during the night. It definitely helps you rest and enjoy your waiting time between flights.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Fabianna B,

Thank you for such positive feedback regarding your stay.
I am happy to know that you found our hotel to be convenient and that our beds were comfortable.
I hope to see you again on your next stop to the Miami International Airport.
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

While in Miami for a wedding, it was suggested that I stay at the Miami International Airport Hotel for a few reasons: (1) it was close to the wedding/reception venue, (2) there was a free airport shuttle, and (3) it was part of the Marriott chain. When I checked in, Richard at the front desk was simply amazing and genuine. His enthusiasm about his work shows when he is interacting with his guests. Although he could not complete my check-in due to a few complications on my end; he definitely was a great ambassador of the Marriott brand.

Now about the rooms. While the lobby recently underwent a major renovation; the guest rooms are quite dated. There are no microwaves or refrigerators in the rooms. My room did not have the best view, but the bed was comfortable.

Over the course of my visit, I realized that after checking in, there were a few questions that I should have asked. The answers to the questions below were not readily provided by the front desk staff and I didn't think to ask until well into my trip. Those questions included:

1. Can I placed on the concierge floors (floors 6 and higher I believe)?
2. Will I have access to the concierge's lounge, which offers breakfast and early evening snacks (*I didn't find out about this feature until the last day of the trip).
3. Are there tour shuttles that pick-up guests from the hotel? (If so, what time do they leave and how often do they pick up/drop off and where do they go?)
4. Are there safes in the guest rooms? If not, what is the contingency plan for valuables.
5. Aside from the Latin Cafe (not great food), are there any other places that you would recommend that I eat or have authentic Cuban food?

Room Tip: Please request a room on the sixth floor or higher.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
harve r, General Manager at Miami International Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
I have read your comments concerning your stay at our hotel. I have a couple of questions as you indicated we are part of the Marriott Chain. Unfortunely we are not part of Marriott as we are an independent hotel at the Miami International Airport. Thank you again for your comments. Harve Rosenthal General Manager.
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Myself and my daughter stayed in this hotel in transit to Central America. Room was clean and comfortable. Very large bed. We slept well and did not hear any noise. Large TV in room. Great shower, with shampoo, conditioner, body lotion and towels supplied. Was able to have a hot drink early morning as room also had a coffee machine. This hotel is very convenient, as was fairly close to arrival exit and very close to departures. We were well rested and refreshed to continue our journey. Will definitely use again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank Eve212 for taking the time and sharing your feedback with us.

I am happy to hear that you found your stay to be convenient and satisfying.

I am also happy to know that you enjoyed our room amenities.
Please visit us again on your next stop to the Miami International Airport.

GM

Been to Miami International Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!