“Awful” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Miami International Airport Hotel

Save Saved
You added Miami International Airport Hotel to your Saves list
Miami International Airport Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   N.W. 20th Street & LeJeune Road, Inside MIA Concourse E, Miami, FL 33299-7510   |
Ranked #91 of 130 hotels in Miami
London, United Kingdom
“Awful”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The only 2 advantages of this hotel are: 1. It is inside the airport 2. You can’t hear the planes from the bedroom. Aside from that, the hotel itself is quite awful. Weird feeling in the bedroom and the bathroom, old furniture, dirty walls. Even worst is the restaurant... Not the best way to begin your day unfortunately... Really not recommended!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

1,031 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
  • Finnish first
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

I traveled to Miami to send my younger off on a summer trip. We had to spend the night in Miami so we could get him on an early flight. The hotel was very comfortable and the front desk staff were just ok not really welcoming or friendly. They seemed very reserved and stressed. The rooms were probably top notch when the hotel was build but now they are a bit tired and outdated (cracked tile floors, mold in the bathrooms, finish worn off the bathroom fixtures) . The beds were fine and the rooms were quiet. We got a good night's sleep. The restaurant was good for a simple breakfast.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Vancouver, B.C.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We booked the Miami International Airport Hotel months in advance as we were arriving late and leaving on a cruise the next day. We could have picked a downtown hotel, but our original plans had our teenage children arriving on their own exactly one week later and needing somewhere to stay overnight on their own. We thought we might as well stay here and book their accommodation there as well so we would know what they would expect, how to get there, etc.

I was very surprised to find availability at a reasonable price (at least until taxes were added) at the Miami International Airport Hotel when I first looked (and before I had read reviews on Trip Advisor). I normally assume that an on-site airport hotel is a higher end, luxury property. Once I started reading reviews, the availability and price began to make more sense.

We paid $180 (taxes in) for our king room. Finding the hotel wasn’t too difficult, but I agree with the previous poster that it is not obvious. You would think that the directions would be well-marked, particular in the baggage carousel areas. Instead we had to ask for directions, check maps multiple times as we wandered through the airport and didn’t know we were there until we were practically on top of it. Check-in was fine, although one of the desk clerks was extremely friendly while the other clerk just sat there, apparently doing nothing despite a short line of waiting guests.

As others have noted, the hotel is in need of (and perhaps in the middle of?) significant refurbishing and updating. Everything looks old (in a 1970s way, not a “classic” way). It may have been classy and modern at some point, but it is 3-star accommodation at best now. And while I hadn’t planned on spending a lot of time looking out my window, I was a little surprised that my only view was of a rooftop, the sides of buildings and HVAC equipment. I had sort of expected either a view of the runway area, or a view looking back to the city.

All that said, the accommodation met our needs, was sufficiently comfortable and very convenient. If I needed airport accommodation again, I would likely stay again for the convenience. On the other hand, if I was flying in for a cruise again or for any other reason, I’d be more likely to stay closer to downtown in a more modern hotel for the price.

My other observations are:
• Contrary to a recent posting, we had no problem with the wi-fi.
• It was a little disturbing to enter our room and find that the interior adjoining door was unlocked on our side. It wasn’t a problem to lock it, but if I hadn’t noticed it, the guest next door could have entered our room at night. You would think that housekeeping would always the lock the adjoining door upon check-out.
• The “free” breakfast was excellent. Because we were in Miami for a cruise (two, actually) we had the luxury of being in no rush the following morning. We enjoyed the meal in the 7th floor restaurant (with views of the runways and airport activity) and could have stayed there longer, if we hadn’t been somewhat anxious to get to the port not too long after noon.
• The bathroom was so small that the door swung open to within 2 mm of the toilet. When I say “2 mm”, I mean 2 mm. There was actually a notch cut out of the door for when the toilet seat was down.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
rochester,new york
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

stayed here one night before an early flight.......located right in the airport.....paid $105....Ok hotel , nothing special........they do include breakfast starting at 6:00AM....on top floor ..I did not have enough time to have breakfast there..........my single room was on the small side...but had NO noise......my biggest issue is that the wyfi in the room did NOT work...you had to go to the lobby to get a good connection.......they try to use the airport wyfi......which does NOT work in the room that I had.........they need to spend some money and get there OWN internet,,just for the hotel.......really :wyfi in your room at an airport........no working......a rookie mistake....but an easy fix........

Room Tip: ask for a room where wyfi works!...........quiet rooms
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Staff is nice, but the noise, (un)cleaness, and the whole package is good just for one night. It is not expensive and the breakfast is ok. But, nothing over 3 stars experience. Just what you would expect from the on-airport stayover.

• Stayed June 2014
Port of Spain, Trinidad
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Coming from the Caribbean most of my connections are through Miami, overnight with early morning connections. I generally don't want to spend more time than I have to getting to my flight, so I generally stay at the Miami International Airport Hotel.

My stays have all been good, with nice accommodations. The rooms are comfortable with basic amenities. I've never been there long enough to enjoy anything more than the room, but I will continue to use them for my overnights in Miami.

Room Tip: Be sure to verify your American Airlines Frequent Flyer Miles with the front desk to earn miles.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed one night (May 23) before a trip to the Caribbean.

Like the title states, not bad if you can find it. There are NO signs anywhere in arrivals, nor is there a courtesy phone anywhere to call for directions. We ended up asking 2 airport employees where the hotel was – response? Down that hall on the left. Little did they tell us it was almost a mile hike “down the hall”….. Come on, a little signage wouldn’t hurt!

As pervious reviews state, the hotel is in an obvious remodel mode which didn’t affect us in the least (but much needed!). Check in was quick, only 1 elevator was working at the time but it got us to our floor.

Our room was clean, had two queen beds, the bathroom was small but clean.
The beds were very comfortable. It would have been nice if there was an extra blanket provided and a choice of pillows.

Overall we weren’t disappointed by our stay, it was very convenient for an overnight stay but would have been less stressful to find if there was some signage somewhere. We would stay here again if the opportunity came up.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Miami International Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!