“A good stay for an overnight connection” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Miami International Airport Hotel

Save Saved
You added Miami International Airport Hotel to your Saves list
Miami International Airport Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   N.W. 20th Street & LeJeune Road, Inside MIA Concourse E, Miami, FL 33299-7510   |
Ranked #91 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Port of Spain, Trinidad
“A good stay for an overnight connection”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

Coming from the Caribbean most of my connections are through Miami, overnight with early morning connections. I generally don't want to spend more time than I have to getting to my flight, so I generally stay at the Miami International Airport Hotel.

My stays have all been good, with nice accommodations. The rooms are comfortable with basic amenities. I've never been there long enough to enjoy anything more than the room, but I will continue to use them for my overnights in Miami.

Room Tip: Be sure to verify your American Airlines Frequent Flyer Miles with the front desk to earn miles.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
  • Finnish first
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

We stayed one night (May 23) before a trip to the Caribbean.

Like the title states, not bad if you can find it. There are NO signs anywhere in arrivals, nor is there a courtesy phone anywhere to call for directions. We ended up asking 2 airport employees where the hotel was – response? Down that hall on the left. Little did they tell us it was almost a mile hike “down the hall”….. Come on, a little signage wouldn’t hurt!

As pervious reviews state, the hotel is in an obvious remodel mode which didn’t affect us in the least (but much needed!). Check in was quick, only 1 elevator was working at the time but it got us to our floor.

Our room was clean, had two queen beds, the bathroom was small but clean.
The beds were very comfortable. It would have been nice if there was an extra blanket provided and a choice of pillows.

Overall we weren’t disappointed by our stay, it was very convenient for an overnight stay but would have been less stressful to find if there was some signage somewhere. We would stay here again if the opportunity came up.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Santa Fe, NM
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

This is a bare bones, basic room. It is not beautiful, and it does not offer a great view, or much else beyond a television and bathroom. However, if you are flying in late and leaving early you can not beat the convenience of this place. It is nice to have a secure place to sleep for a few hours, shower and get to security gates 5 minutes after leaving your hotel. Front desk clerk was friendly and helpful; giving me 2 keys in the event one didn't work- it would be saved me a trip back down to lobby. Evidently their key-writing machine needs work. I wouldn't choose to stay here on vacation, but easy during long days and nights of travel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
El Paso, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

I would not recommend this hotel. We got stuck in Miami due to weather and jumped at the first hotel we could find. The carpet was dirty. It looked as though it had not been vacuumed in weeks. I think it was about 32 degrees in the room and we couldn't adjust the temp. I literally slept in sweats.

Stay anywhere but here!

Stayed July 2014
MiaHotel, General Manager at Miami International Airport Hotel, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear EPT_Traveler,

I truly appreciate you staying with us and for sharing your feedback with our Tripadvisor community.

I am disappointed to learn that you did not enjoy your stay. I am happy to inform you that we are currently in the process of replacing all hotel hallway carpet, new carpet is being installed. At the Miami International Airport hotel we take all guest feedback serious, your feedback allows us to correct issues and enhance our property.

I truly hope you give us another opportunity to be of service to you in the future and experience the many changes we have being displayed in the months to come.

Once again thank you.

bermuda
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

We landed late, and had a 7am connection. Our room was on the 6th floor. The hallway had duct tape holding down the carpet - where there was actually carpet. Had a double room. One of the bedspreads was stained. No face cloths in the tiny bathroom nor hand towels. On the positive, it was quiet; definitely convenient, the lobby was modern but if you have the time pick another airport hotel.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
MiaHotel, General Manager at Miami International Airport Hotel, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Dear ceclarke1,

Thank you for staying with us at the Miami International Airport Hotel. I truly appreciate you letting us know about your stay.

I am happy to learn that you found our hotel to be practical and convenient for your travel. The Miami International Airport Hotel is conveniently located inside the Miami International Airport, on terminal E, 2nd floor (Departure Level) walking distance from all airline counters.

I would apologize for the inconvenience you encountered while staying with us. I have made my housekeeping manager aware of the towel situation; we will look into issue and make sure it does not occur again in the future.

Our hotel is currently under renovation, our front desk check-in area has been completely renovated, and our lobby bar is now open for business, soon our sushi bar will open. We are in the process of installing new hallway carpet, we are aware of glitches with the installment of the carpet; please know that issues are being looked at and being fixed immediately.

I truly thank you for your time and business and hope you give us another opportunity to be of service to you in the future and experience the many changes being revealed in the months to come.

Columbia, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

We decided to stay at this hotel due to convenience as we were scheduled to arrive around midnight and leave the next morning. The oddest thing occurred when we checked in - they said they couldn't provide us with a room key as the machine to set the keys did not work. The security guard had to let us in our room. Of all the traveling we have done, a lack of keys was a first.

The room and the bathroom were fine; however, I was surprised at the lack of security to get on an elevator. Anyone, I mean anyone, in the airport could get on the elevator and wander the halls. This is very unsettling.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
MiaHotel, General Manager at Miami International Airport Hotel, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Dear Leslie W,
Thank you for staying with us at the Miami International Airport Hotel. I truly appreciate your feedback as well as your business.

I am sorry that you feel as if our hotel wasn’t secure enough for your stay. At the Miami International Airport Hotel our most valuable asset are our guest. We not only want to make sure that you have a wonderful stay but that you also feel comfortable and secure. The hotel has its own security company that guards the hotel 24/7, makes sure all areas are inspected and secure at all times. The Miami International Airport Hotel also receives addition security assistance from The Miami International Airport who also has a 24/7 high security personnel and system which makes sure all airport passengers, hotel guest and employees are safe from any harm.

I truly hope we get to host you and your family again on your next stop to the Miami International Airport.

Sarasota, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

WELL - I guess if you have no other place to stay and you have very low expectations - then this place will do. We stayed twice. Once going out of Miami and 10 days later on the return back to the U.S. After customs and immigration I guess this place at least has a bed. We stayed on the 4th floor both times. The view out the window was nothing. I don't understand the point of even having a window. Quiet once in the room - but they need to do some major work on this place. I can't believe this place meets minimum standards for Miami! The cost is high for what you get - but again it beats sleeping an the runway!

Room Tip: I think every room is pretty much the same. So I guess ask if the tub actually works and a room not...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
MiaHotel, General Manager at Miami International Airport Hotel, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Dear HappyNudistCouple,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and our Tripadvisor viewers.

I am happy to know that you found our hotel to be practical and convenient. Thank you for giving us at the Miami International Airport Hotel a second time to host you.

Our hotel is currently under renovation. We have a brand new hotel lobby and lobby bar, where you can enjoy great cocktails made by our professional bartenders or grab a light snack, our sushi bar will open soon as well. In addition, renovations for our hotel guest rooms will soon start.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and hope to see you again on your next stop to the Miami International Airport

Harve Rosenthal

Been to Miami International Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!