“Good if you get in very late and have to leave early” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Miami International Airport Hotel

You added Miami International Airport Hotel to your Saves list
Miami International Airport Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   N.W. 20th Street & LeJeune Road, Inside MIA Concourse E, Miami, FL 33299-7510   |
Ranked #74 of 111 Hotels in Miami
Santa Fe, NM
“Good if you get in very late and have to leave early”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

This is a bare bones, basic room. It is not beautiful, and it does not offer a great view, or much else beyond a television and bathroom. However, if you are flying in late and leaving early you can not beat the convenience of this place. It is nice to have a secure place to sleep for a few hours, shower and get to security gates 5 minutes after leaving your hotel. Front desk clerk was friendly and helpful; giving me 2 keys in the event one didn't work- it would be saved me a trip back down to lobby. Evidently their key-writing machine needs work. I wouldn't choose to stay here on vacation, but easy during long days and nights of travel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
  • Finnish first
El Paso, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

I would not recommend this hotel. We got stuck in Miami due to weather and jumped at the first hotel we could find. The carpet was dirty. It looked as though it had not been vacuumed in weeks. I think it was about 32 degrees in the room and we couldn't adjust the temp. I literally slept in sweats.

Stay anywhere but here!

Stayed July 2014
MiaHotel, General Manager at Miami International Airport Hotel, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear EPT_Traveler,

I truly appreciate you staying with us and for sharing your feedback with our Tripadvisor community.

I am disappointed to learn that you did not enjoy your stay. I am happy to inform you that we are currently in the process of replacing all hotel hallway carpet, new carpet is being installed. At the Miami International Airport hotel we take all guest feedback serious, your feedback allows us to correct issues and enhance our property.

I truly hope you give us another opportunity to be of service to you in the future and experience the many changes we have being displayed in the months to come.

Once again thank you.

bermuda
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

We landed late, and had a 7am connection. Our room was on the 6th floor. The hallway had duct tape holding down the carpet - where there was actually carpet. Had a double room. One of the bedspreads was stained. No face cloths in the tiny bathroom nor hand towels. On the positive, it was quiet; definitely convenient, the lobby was modern but if you have the time pick another airport hotel.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
MiaHotel, General Manager at Miami International Airport Hotel, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Dear ceclarke1,

Thank you for staying with us at the Miami International Airport Hotel. I truly appreciate you letting us know about your stay.

I am happy to learn that you found our hotel to be practical and convenient for your travel. The Miami International Airport Hotel is conveniently located inside the Miami International Airport, on terminal E, 2nd floor (Departure Level) walking distance from all airline counters.

I would apologize for the inconvenience you encountered while staying with us. I have made my housekeeping manager aware of the towel situation; we will look into issue and make sure it does not occur again in the future.

Our hotel is currently under renovation, our front desk check-in area has been completely renovated, and our lobby bar is now open for business, soon our sushi bar will open. We are in the process of installing new hallway carpet, we are aware of glitches with the installment of the carpet; please know that issues are being looked at and being fixed immediately.

I truly thank you for your time and business and hope you give us another opportunity to be of service to you in the future and experience the many changes being revealed in the months to come.

Columbia, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

We decided to stay at this hotel due to convenience as we were scheduled to arrive around midnight and leave the next morning. The oddest thing occurred when we checked in - they said they couldn't provide us with a room key as the machine to set the keys did not work. The security guard had to let us in our room. Of all the traveling we have done, a lack of keys was a first.

The room and the bathroom were fine; however, I was surprised at the lack of security to get on an elevator. Anyone, I mean anyone, in the airport could get on the elevator and wander the halls. This is very unsettling.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
MiaHotel, General Manager at Miami International Airport Hotel, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Dear Leslie W,
Thank you for staying with us at the Miami International Airport Hotel. I truly appreciate your feedback as well as your business.

I am sorry that you feel as if our hotel wasn’t secure enough for your stay. At the Miami International Airport Hotel our most valuable asset are our guest. We not only want to make sure that you have a wonderful stay but that you also feel comfortable and secure. The hotel has its own security company that guards the hotel 24/7, makes sure all areas are inspected and secure at all times. The Miami International Airport Hotel also receives addition security assistance from The Miami International Airport who also has a 24/7 high security personnel and system which makes sure all airport passengers, hotel guest and employees are safe from any harm.

I truly hope we get to host you and your family again on your next stop to the Miami International Airport.

Sarasota, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

WELL - I guess if you have no other place to stay and you have very low expectations - then this place will do. We stayed twice. Once going out of Miami and 10 days later on the return back to the U.S. After customs and immigration I guess this place at least has a bed. We stayed on the 4th floor both times. The view out the window was nothing. I don't understand the point of even having a window. Quiet once in the room - but they need to do some major work on this place. I can't believe this place meets minimum standards for Miami! The cost is high for what you get - but again it beats sleeping an the runway!

Room Tip: I think every room is pretty much the same. So I guess ask if the tub actually works and a room not...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
MiaHotel, General Manager at Miami International Airport Hotel, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Dear HappyNudistCouple,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and our Tripadvisor viewers.

I am happy to know that you found our hotel to be practical and convenient. Thank you for giving us at the Miami International Airport Hotel a second time to host you.

Our hotel is currently under renovation. We have a brand new hotel lobby and lobby bar, where you can enjoy great cocktails made by our professional bartenders or grab a light snack, our sushi bar will open soon as well. In addition, renovations for our hotel guest rooms will soon start.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and hope to see you again on your next stop to the Miami International Airport

Calgary, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Reception area is updated….but that's about it. One elevator seems a bit updated but the others appear neglected and one of them had buttons that did not work. The hallways and rooms are old and desperately need renovating. I had to stay here twice because of being in transit to another country. The location is convient but not at all worth the price I paid. The first room I stayed in had a tub that did not drain. The second room had no face cloths, small single room, and housekeeping decided to knock on my door at 8:45am. There was no "do not disturb" sign available in my room to hang on the door. It was a frustrating experience. I would have rather booked a nearby hotel for less cost but further away.

Room Tip: Get a room with 2 beds. At the time I was booking, it was almost the same price as a single room.
Dear JoFo1933,
I truly appreciate you letting us know about your stay at the Miami International Airport Hotel. I am happy to have learned that you found your stay to be practical and convenient. The Miami International Airport Hotel is conveniently located inside of the Miami International Airport, walking distance from airline counters, nearby from one of the largest outlet malls in Miami, Dolphin mall and minutes away from Miami and the Beaches.

I am disappointed to hear about your inconveniences, please know that I have addressed all issues with my managers. Your feedback will allow us to correct issues and prevent similar situations from occurring in the future. At the Miami International Airport Hotel we take all guest feedback serious, I am happy to inform you that our hotel is currently under renovation. Our lobby and front desk has been completely renovated, our lobby bar has also been renovated and it is now open for business, at our lobby bar you can enjoy delicious cocktails made by our professional bartending staff or if hungry grab a light snack. Opening soon is our hotel sushi bar. In addition to all the renovations being made, we are currently working on replacing all hotel floor hallway carpet we will then move inside all hotel guest rooms and make upgrades.

We have have many new exciting upgrades being displayed in the months to come. Despite the inconveniences you encountered while staying with us, I appreciate you giving us not one but twice the opportunity to staying with us and I truly hope you give us a third opportunity to host you and experience the many changes.

Once again thank you and hope to see you soon.

Amersham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

This is my second visit and a better experience. The hotel lobby has been refreshed and is a lot brighter. There is renovation work going on in the rooms with repainting occurring at the moment.

I had a double room and there was a lot more room than one previously with a single bed. There was a desk and tv on the wall. There was also complimentary wifi in the room. The room was very clean in general but the mirror in the bathroom had seen better days as peeling from the back.

Check in and check out are both quick and courteous and it is a good location on concourse E.

Room Tip: Book a room with 2 beds as they seem to be bigger
Dear Neil D,

Thank you for sharing such great and positive feedback with us and all of our TripAdvisor community.

I am happy to learn that you have once again chosen our hotel as your choice of travel stay and that you have found our hotel to be practical, convenient and that we were able to satisfy your needs.

I am also happy that you were able to experience some of the renovation changes done to the hotel; I guarantee you that there is more to come in the following months.

We will be delighted if we were to host you again on your next stop to the Miami International Airport.

Thank you! 

Harve Rosenthal

Been to Miami International Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!