“IN A PINCH..YOU BET!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Miami International Airport Hotel

You added Miami International Airport Hotel to your Saves list
Miami International Airport Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   N.W. 20th Street & LeJeune Road, Inside MIA Concourse E, Miami, FL 33299-7510   |
Ranked #93 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Falmouth, Massachusetts
“IN A PINCH..YOU BET!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

Literally stuck in Miami - a snow storm was delaying our return to Boston flight but we were able to truthfully luck out and grab a room at the Miami Airport Hotel for the night. No shuttle, no leaving the airport and just around the corner from AA check in / security area. We were counting our blessings for surely a pack of displaced travelers waiving vouchers would be taking up the rear Approaching the hotel front desk at what was a very busy time, the pleasant professional staff were able to accommodate the 2 of us with no reservation (phew). Putting us into what they called a 'single room' it did have a queen bed. The room was just fine, not terribly spacious (not that we cared - this was just a night, a lay over) the room did offer a view (airport), large flat TV screen mounted, CLEAN bath accessorized (our accessories were on a flight to Boston!). Even both an alarm clock and wake up call service plus an in room coffee maker were unexpected pleasant niceities. Believe me, No complaints. The restaurant on the 8th floor was ideal. Agreeable menu, good food, able to pour an impressive cocktail and prices that are friendly. A positive spin on what could have been a miserable travel adventure.

Room Tip: This is the airport...expect noise. We did enjoy the window, airport/sunrise view.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
MiaHotel, General Manager at Miami International Airport Hotel, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Dear FalWetVet,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate your feedback as well as your business.

We are happy to have learned that you found our hotel to be practical and convenient.

We look forward to seeing you again on your next stop to the Miami International Airport.

Harve Rosenthal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
  • Finnish first
Tavernier, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

I don't know where to start. They are renovating so a small 'hall pass' is okay...but it took 3 times for the check in clerk to finally key code in the correct room number....fun. We we're on the 5th floor with a baggage cart. It was difficult to find the elevator button on the lobby level..you had to stick your hand past a construction tarp. They penalized me for being a member of AAA by not allowing the complimentary breakfast in the main restaurant--which after the room key debacle I asked that they offer back to me, and they grudgingly did. But the WORST was while you could not hear airplanes (at all-not one) you COULD hear every toilet flush, shower taken, bath run and the very worst--everyone who spoke in the hallway. Including the morons who let their little children blow off steam by running up and down the halls. The last visit there treated me with a 4am false fire alarm. On the upside--the Bellman that assisted us was wonderful. The breakfast, delicious...but I think I'll stay at a hotel with a mini-bus next time.

Room Tip: Use an area hotel with a mini-van to get you to the AP.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear FloridaKeysSeminar,

We appreciate your feedback as well as your business. Thank you for letting us know the difficulties you encountered while staying with us, as it helps us to correct the issue(s) and help us improve our service.

I sincerely would like to apologize for the inconvenience you encountered; I have addressed all issues with my managers, we will work together to prevent issues from happening again.

We truly hope you give us another opportunity to be of service to you in the future.

Bedford, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

We booked two nights here either side of our Caribbean holiday.
The first night I wasn't impressed. Only one member of staff on reception and there was a long que to get checked in.
Also some building works going on near reception and the elevators which was noisy.

When arriving on our floor, the corridors were grotty and old and seemed unclean (not a great start upon reaching our room) the room was small and the decor was dated and in need of a refurbishment. Even if the room was clean it didn't particularly look it.
In the morning there was an early riser next door who took a shower, but the noise of the water was so loud in our room and woke us both up.

So as you can probably tell I wasn't looking forward to the second night....We queued and checked in as before (this time two members of staff on reception and an unhelpful concierge staff member - I'll get to him in a bit).
Our room this time was the other side of the hotel (room 410) which was a corner room by the stairs and was more spacious than the last room. Same comments about the decor.

Concierge (not sure if this actually existed. Although a staff member wearing a concierge badge).

We had just checked in and he rolled an empty luggage trolley past us and sat down - obviously wasn't going to offer (we had four large cases in tow).
We asked him how to get a taxi the next day and was told to go to the airport information desk instead - helpful.
Then we asked about leaving our cases with the hotel (we had an evening flight the next day) if this was possible? where they are left? how safe is it? and how much it would cost? His answer was yes to all of the above so didn't really fill us with much confidence! We instead decided to leave with the airport baggage drop off.

My only positive is the location (right by airport security, British Airways check in and a selection of restaurants) and the bed was quite comfy.

I'm afraid I wouldn't stay here again at £125 a night.

• Stayed December 2013
Dear GemmaGarner,

Thank you for staying with us at the Miami International Airport Hotel. We appreciate your feedback as well as your business.

I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you encountered while staying with us. It is unusual of our bell staff to treat our guest with such behavior, I have addressed this issue with our bell captain and he will handle accordingly.

I would also like to share that our hotel is currently under renovation, we will soon display a new and refreshing look, and we wish you gave us another opportunity in the future to be of service to you and to experience the many changes.

New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

Our flight was cancelled due to snow in NY and the employees advised us to get a room here for a early flight. The front desk reps did a good job getting us a room in a pinch. The room was average,a nice TV and the bed was comfortable,which is all you want while waiting to catch your flight. The food in the restaurant was good and a voucher for a free breakfast helped... I would not book this hotel for a vacation, it served its purpose..

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Karenstribe,
Thank you for staying with us at the Miami International Airport Hotel. We truly appreciate your feedback as well as your business.

We are happy to know that you found your stay to be practical and convenient.
I would also like to share that our hotel is currently under renovation and will soon be displaying a new and refreshing look.

We hope to see again on your next stop to the Miami International airport.

Once again thank you,

Ottawa, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

Although it is in a convenient location for travellers place in the heart of the airport, stay away from this hotel. Our room was not clean and disgustingly dirty, it had urine all around the toilet, the headboard on the bed had someones markings of some sort of body discharge on it, the hallway carpets, walls and trim looked like a backhoe had tried to drive down the hall and smashed into everything in site. For $175.00 per night for two queens, which included breakfast for four, stay somewhere else with hotel/airport transfers. Also there is no swimming pool or spa. The hotel has a restaurant on the top floor with partial view of a couple of runways.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Al P,

Thank you for choosing the Miami International Airport Hotel. We appreciate your feedback as well as your business.

I would first like to apologize for the inconvenience you encountered while staying with us. It is disappointing to learn that we failed to provide the quality of service one would expect when staying at a hotel. Please know that I have addressed all issues with my housekeeping manager, we will work tirelessly to prevent issues like such from occurring in the future.

I would also like to share with you that our hotel is currently under renovation; soon we will be displaying a new and refreshing look. Our health club facility is also under renovation.
We truly hope you give us another opportunity in the future to be of service to you.

Once again thank you,

Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

First off, they are in the process of renovation for the hotel so the lobby and the bar area is very condensed at this time. It also looks like they're renovating their rooms but I'm not sure if they're just starting of finishing it up and I really didn't care to ask. I decided on this hotel since my flight arrived at 10pm and I just needed a room for the night before I left on a cruise. For that, it was totally decent and the price was very close to what the other mid-priced hotels in the area were asking so I went with convenience. Check in was easy and since I booked on their website I received a free breakfast at their restaurant. They're breakfast voucher menu was more limited then they're regular menu but it offered the standards of an egg/meat/potatoes choice, oatmeal, continental, and a fruit plate choice. Check out was similarly easy and all the employees I encountered were pleasant.

My room had a king bed and no windows. They had wooden blinds that looked like there might be something behind them but they were fixed and immovable. There was also no closet, just a rod with hangers and a low bench right where the room entry was. I was in the last room of the "L" shaped hall so I would guess that my room may not have been typical. The bathroom was clean and the water pressure for the shower was decent. The only thing that was really annoying was that the faucet had a lift lever to activate but they had installed a marble shelf right above it so I kept hitting my knuckles every time I used it.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
MiaHotel, General Manager at Miami International Airport Hotel, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Dear CoffeeGoddess,

Thank you for staying at the Miami International Airport Hotel. We truly appreciate your feedback as well as your business.

We are happy to learn that you found our hotel to be practical and convenient. I would also like to share that our hotel is currently under renovation, we will soon be displaying a new and exciting look.

Once again, thank you and we hope to see you again on your next stop to the Miami International Airport to experience the many changes.

Stanmore, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

Terrible rundown old hotel in dire need of refurbishment. Food in the restaurant is straight out of the deep freeze and not tasty at all. Unless I had to I'd not stay there again. The best example of the worst of airport hotels I have come across .

Stayed December 2013
Dear Dale M,

Thank you for staying with us at the Miami International Airport. I would like to apologize for unhappy experience you encountered while staying with us, we are disappointed to learn that we did not see to make your stay a satisfying one.

In addition, our hotel is currently under renovation we truly hope you give us another opportunity in the future to be of service to you and experience the many changes.

Once again, I apologize.

Harve Rosenthal

Been to Miami International Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!