“Convenient, adequately comfortable, but a few quirks” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Miami International Airport Hotel

Save Saved
You added Miami International Airport Hotel to your Saves list
Miami International Airport Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   N.W. 20th Street & LeJeune Road, Inside MIA Concourse E, Miami, FL 33299-7510   |
Ranked #93 of 130 Hotels in Miami
Los Gatos, California
“Convenient, adequately comfortable, but a few quirks”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Thanks to a aircraft mechanical problem I missed a connection in Miami and needed a place to layover for twenty four hours. I wanted something in the airport and, after looking at reviews here, decided to give the Miami International Airport Hotel a chance.

Overall my room was comfortable and spacious, largely because I was lucky enough to get one at the corner. There was clear evidence of the recent hotel remodel in my room including nice tile and fixtures in the bathroom, good king size bed, comfortable chairs, and fairly modern lamps. Perhaps because it was at the corner, I had no problem with noise from the hotel hallway or the airport, which I could see out my room window. The room met my other basic tests -- ample electrical outlets, hot shower with plenty of water pressure, and excellent air conditioning. Overall I was satisfied and would certainly stay at the hotel again if I'm ever in need of a place to shower and sleep at the Miami airport.

I had few interactions with the staff but they all seemed pleasant enough and certainly attentive (though not chatty).

Several things about the room were odd, though. There was a desk, but it was in use as a TV stand and there was no desk chair. I ended up using a side chair and ottoman as my work area. There was no bureau or place to store clothing, though there was a clothes rack mounted on the wall and a large suitcase stand built in below. The hotel doesn't have its own wifi, so guests need to connect to internet services provided by the airport next door. In my case this was a major problem as the connection dropped and reconnected at least every five minutes, making it difficult to work and impossible to use the internet for voice services (which means I couldn't call into an important remote meeting over the internet, a common travel need for me). One odd benefit of using airport wifi in the room is that the 24 hours you purchase (for a delightfully low $8) also cover any access you may need/want in the airport proper, and I found the signal is much better in the airport itself.

There also didn't appear to be room service. The hotel has its own restaurant, which I used for breakfast and found the service attentive and the food good, basic fare. (The breakfast menu has three items -- eggs/meat/potatoes, fruit plate, or oatmeal.) Happily breakfast was included in my room rate. Other food options exist, however, as just outside the hotel lobby is a concourse area with food court containing a number of fast food choices.

I should note that finding the hotel was quite difficult. The hotel web site only mentions that it is on the second level of the E terminal. There are no helpful signs in the airport to point you to the hotel and it does not show on any of the airport maps located along the concourse. I had to call the hotel twice from within the airport to get guidance as to how to find it. (Hint: It is located just outside the Terminal E security checkpoint, on the departure level.) If you are like me and arrive somewhere in Terminal D you need to plan ahead so you can figure out how to find the hotel.

Overall, though, the inconveniences and missing features were relatively minor (except perhaps the Internet) and I would consider staying here again if similar circumstances arose.

Room Tip: I was in a corner room (#600) which was roomy and quiet.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
  • Finnish first
Ko Samui, Thailand
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

I missed a flight in Miami and needed a convenient place to stay as I needed to check-in by 4:30 am for my flight the next morning. The room was tiny, like a closet and the bed was also tiny. The tiny mattress was horrible also as it was lopsided and I was almost falling off. The worst part though was that at 4:30 in the morning I was waiting 10 minutes for the elevator (not exactly rush hour), and finally I called the front desk where I was told matter of factly that the elevators weren't working right and she would send one up to me. That took another 5 minutes. I would think in an airport hotel where most people have to catch a flight if thee was a problem with the elevator, there should be a sign or something to let people know they had to call and have one sent up. I almost missed my flight.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

I was left stranded in miami after missing a connecting flight so checked myself in the nearest airport hotel which was the miami international .. I paid £110 for one night stay (actually for 7 hour hours as i had an early morning flight) which I thought was very expensive!!! But I was very tired and did not fancy spending the night in a airport chair.....
I was given an ensuite double bedroom with a view of a construction site. Most of the room space was taken by the bed with little room to walk around the bed...... the bedsheets appeared laundried but were stained... the bathroom was of modest size and clean... there was space next to the bathroom to accommodate my large traveling suitcases.... Overall a good place to crash in between flights, does the job, but is overpriced and not that clean....

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Amersham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I stayed on my own in a queen bed which was adequate. If 2 people had been there one would have to climb over other to get into bed as it was flush to the wall. Not much room however it was clean and did the job for one night.
Eating facilities was best going into the terminal concourse

Boquete, Panama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

We were in the process of moving out of the country with a lot of luggage and two cats. For that purpose, this hotel was perfect. I would not recommend this hotel unless it is for its proximity to Concourse E and Miami International Airport. Construction of an 8th floor could be heard on the 3rd floor until about 9 PM. Also, eating facilities are at a minimum unless you leave the airport.

Room Tip: If you book directly with them online, you get breakfast free.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
South Shields, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Stayed for a short layover during the day. Noise outside room disturbed sleep. Room was clean but small (no desk), no free wifi but cost for 24hrs was only about $8. Restaurant was ok but devoid of any atmosphere even though it has great views over the airport apron. Very convenient location at Terminal D.

• Stayed June 2013
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

American Airlines stranded me in Miami (my flight was still on the ground but they would not let me board...), so I checked into this hotel because it is in the airport.
The hall ways and the rooms have been sprayed with way too much scent.
When i took the bedspread off the bed, a full size shampoo bottle fell onto the floor. Fairly gross.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Been to Miami International Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!