“Decent Place to stay if you don't want to go far from the airport” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Miami International Airport Hotel

Save Saved
You added Miami International Airport Hotel to your Saves list
Miami International Airport Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   N.W. 20th Street & LeJeune Road, Inside MIA Concourse E, Miami, FL 33299-7510   |
Ranked #91 of 130 hotels in Miami
Los Angeles, California
“Decent Place to stay if you don't want to go far from the airport”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

This place is OK. Its easy to get to, its quick to get in/out of and they have beds. If you need a place to lay down during a long layover I suggest staying here. If you are in town longer than that I suggest finding something else. The perk is the hotel lobby is inside the airport so it's easy to get to.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

1,077 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
  • Finnish first
Miami
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Staff (except for housekeepers) are mostly surly
room reminds you of a cell - cheaply furnished and having zero charm
tv choice is from the 50's- no cable news except CNNI and only a few channels
there was no internet in the room. had to go to lobby. when I told the staff about it, they said they don't offer internet but the airport does. when I showed them the advertisement in the room for the internet they said nothing
when my keys did not work, the housekeeper let me in and said the whole system is screwed up

this is a nightmare place

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

Like all in terminal hotels of its generation MIA international offers convenient access to gates, customs, Baggage claim and Check in. On our recent charter flights to Cuba from Check in at Concourse G and flight from Concourse E were easy.

The hotel is very tired. Carpets in hall quite worn and corridors just dowdy. Room small but clean and functional. Bathrooms are new, bright and well equipped. Some money spent in public areas would really help.

Food in the top of the Port was good and view is nice. Room service was very prompt and well priced. Staff was pleasant. Checkin and out efficient and quick.

Summary is that this is a decent place to spend a night between flights. The double queen rooms are larger than the King rooms.

Only one real complaint. They don't have a free computer to get boarding passes. The have a minimum five dollar charge to use a computer and printer on the 7th floor. The first computer I tried took my money but didn't work. The second took my money and worked. Net net....10bucks for two boarding passes. That's cheesy!

• Stayed May 2013
Leland, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

First, the pro's. It's convenient, end of story. That's definitely where the pro's end.

The cons: very expensive, no amenities AT ALL, tiny rooms, terrible views, rude staff, shower kept going from cold to blistering hot with no warning, noise all night long, the restaurant is awful.

We only stayed here because we flew in Tuesday evening and had to fly out early Wednesday more. We didn't want to hassle with a cab, etc. so this hotel was very convenient for that. If you just need a bed and a shower, this place is adequate.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
nantucket
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Not only did you fail to exceed my expectation, but you failed to even meet them. I’m writing this in reference to my stay at the Miami International Hotel on May 27th, 2013. This occurred between the hours of 5pm and 9pm. Words can not describe the level of disgust that I have for this Hotel and my experience that I had. After returning from a vacation where I was pick-pocketed for my cell phone and wallet, I sat in the lobby waiting for my room to be ready. For 45 minutes I watched an elderly women wait for a wheelchair in your lobby. It is with great disgust that I watched your employees ignore her expressing such lack of concern for her request to go 30ft down the terminal where she simply wanted to eat at Chilies. Outraged by this I decided to take it upon myself to locate a wheelchair and transfer her myself. Having been in guest services for over a decade I have never witnessed something like this. After leaving the lobby with the women, I was chased by an employee who screamed at me in the middle of the terminal. We got into a yelling match and this man actually intended to return her back to the bench were she sat previously even though Chilies was now in eye view. I was able to convince him to just bring her to Chilies bringing to light that may have been his own mother or father. I returned to the lobby, and my room was still not ready so I entered the computer lounge, where I saw a few of your employees slouched in chairs with there feet up on table’s texting where your guests could potentially eat off of. Could these employees not have been actively looking for a way to help this woman? They looked disgustingly sloppy, and you should be ashamed of yourself that this is how your employees hold themselves.
Eventually my room was ready and so I headed up to room 541. Here I found a large stain on my bed that looked like someone’s water had broken. I called the front desk, asked for new bed linens, and a room service menu which was also not in the room. I told them I would be gone for 10 minutes, and in that time period one of your cleaners came in and just threw the blankets on the bed. Anger growing, I called the front desk told them what she had done, to which a front desk representative asked if I would like her to come make my bed? I told them…no that was fine, but how unprofessional of them. I hoped in the shower and I could hear a cleaner enter the room regardless. When I exited the bathroom, there was even a bigger and darker stain on the bed than previously. I called down to the front desk again to tell them about this (and I have the photos to prove these stains) advised them I would just sleep in the sleeping bag that was in my bag. They were also unable to provide a tooth brush for me which was necessary because I was stranded with no clothes or night kit. There was no sorry or anything that came from your employees. A true lack of empathy expressed for both me and the elderly guest that was in your lobby.
Now let me turn to the fact that I needed a wake up call at 6am. I called the front desk to set this up because there was no visible alarm clock in the room. I did not receive a wake up call and was told that security came and knocked on my door. I asked a female employee why there were no alarm clocks in the room and was told by her that they were not provided because children like to play with them. Before I could ask to speak with a manager, she hung up on me. I missed my flight because of this, but there was one at 830 so I rushed to the gate to try to make it. Flights were over sold the rest of the day and I did not make it on this flight. With the next one not being until 1130, I returned to the hotel asking to speak with your GM. I was told I could speak with a supervisor, but the GM just by chance happened to be in the Lobby. He listened to my complaint, allowed me to use a hotel phone, and called the head of cleaning so I could show him the pictures I had on my camera. All 3 of us walked to the front desk where one of the two female reps. on duty was standing. The girl could not recall the phone call, so the GM requested she fetch the 2nd agent on duty. She remained in the office for some time (probably to fill the other girl in on what was transpiring). Even the GM was annoyed at how long she was in the office for. Both girls denied saying such a thing over the phone or even having a conversation with me. Your GM offered me food and a cup of coffee which I did decline because of my frustrations and disgust with your hotel. I had to try to catch the 1130 flight which I did not make either.
I returned to the lobby of the hotel where I sat waiting for a ride to FLL airport from a friend of mine in Miami at 0430. As I waited, a woman from the restaurant asked me to leave the lounge, and I told her she could ask the GM to ask me to move, that I was fine sitting there comfortably since it was them that put me in such a situation. She allowed me to stay with no problem after this. As I waited, I again saw the elderly women who I helped previously the day before. I walked up to her, put my hand on her shoulder and asked her how she was doing. I asked the women at the desk to put the GM on the phone and when I spoke with him, asked him to return to the lobby because and apology was in place for this women. He did come, and once her saw who she was pulled me over to the side. He stated to me, “This woman had history here, she lost her passport and can I ask you, have you ever dealt with Haitian People Before?” I replied with a yes, and then he continued to say “Well are you familiar with having to write of a guest” In so many words or less, he said that she was one of those guests that you couldn’t do anything for or didn’t want as a customer anymore. Clearly my initial argument wasn’t heard. How does this women’s race play a role in anything? I, myself am a dark skinned male, and whose to say that I did not have Haitian in me? What was that comment even supposed to mean?
Have you employees checked the ADA Checklist for New Lodging Facilities? Are they properly trained? Might I also be able to turn you attention to the Americans with Disabilities Act that was founded in 1991. After this all occurred, she did want a wheelchair to her room. Your GM asked the same concierge person who was laughing about this they day before to go behind the desk and use the wheelchair that you did have hidden from plane site to escort her to the room she had just booked again. How funny it is that this wheelchair suddenly appeared for your staff to use to help her. I hope you all enjoyed your memorial day Barbeque as this woman sat and suffered for 45 minutes!

With Great Disgust,

Craig James Wade “Boston Strong”

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Marion, Iowa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We were just overnighting at the hotel so did not have to take a cab or apart shuttle to another hotel. The hotel iv VERY convenient but quite expensive. The rooms are very small and not very nicely equipped. With the amount of money they charge this could be great but I think they are almost always sold out so no need. I would be ashamed of the establishment. The lobby check in area is nice but the rest is a dump. The carpets in the halls need replacing...painting and the lighting in the rooms is bad too.

Room Tip: Only use if you don't have the time to go somewhere else.