“Very convenient” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Miami International Airport Hotel

You added Miami International Airport Hotel to your Saves list
Miami International Airport Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   N.W. 20th Street & LeJeune Road, Inside MIA Concourse E, Miami, FL 33299-7510   |
Ranked #75 of 113 Hotels in Miami
Lisbon, Portugal
“Very convenient”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Very well located inside the airport, it is the perfect hotel to spend the night if you need to catch an early flight or arrive very late at night. Bed was comfortable, you can get a good night sleep, breakfast is included and pretty decent. The hotel in general has an old look with tasteless carpet and deco. I will recommend for just one night stay, anything else you would prefer to go somewhere else.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
MiaHotel, General Manager at Miami International Airport Hotel, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear Armental,

Thank you for staying at the Miami International Airport Hotel. We appreciate your business as well as your feedback.

I am happy that you found your stay to be convenient and practical. I would like to inform you that the hotel is currently under renovation. We hope to see you on your next visit to the Miami International Airport to experience all of our new upgrades.

Once again, thank you.

Harve Rosenthal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
  • Finnish first
Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I stayed here as I had an early morning flight to catch. You pay for the convenience, and that is it. The rooms are very small, like a closet with a bathroom. I am not a claustrophobic person, but this one was too cramped for me. There was one tiny little window. The front desk staff were not friendly and wouldn't even smile. I wont stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
MiaHotel, General Manager at Miami International Airport Hotel, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear HollyDMN,

Thank you for staying at the Miami International Airport Hotel. I apologize for appalling costumer service you received while staying with us, this is not an indicative of how we treat our guest at the Miami International Airport Hotel, and I truly apologize.

I hope you give us another opportunity in the future to be of service to you.

Once again, thank you and my sincere apologies.

Norwich
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

If like us, you need a easy, clean place to stay after a long flight into Miami, Then choose somewhere else.
The Hotel is outdated and not very clean. The staff look like they have not had a day off for a year or more, so first impressions, not good.
We had booked direct online and were told that breakfast was included. Surprise surprise in the morning " sorry your not down for breakfast, as we upgraded your room" If my room was an upgrade then heaven help the people who got our original room. "But we did not ask for one" no answer, The end result being that we had to walk around the airport at 6.30 am looking for breakfast, brilliant. As for the staff looking into it to resolve the problem, dream on.
Unless you have no choice stay somewhere else.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear kchippy,

Thank you for staying at the Miami International Airport Hotel. I appreciate your feedback as well as your business. I apologize for the inconvenience you encountered while staying with us.

I hope you can give us another opportunity to experience the many changes the hotel will be going through soon.

Once again, thank you.

Omaha, Nebraska
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

We stayed here as we arrived late in Miami and needed to be up early to catch a flight. I am not sure they really cared if we stayed or not. The check in line was very long with one person working who kept disappearing. I saw another staff member in the lobby and asked if he could find someone to help with the check in process. He informed me he was on break. He did go to help shortly after that. Okay...the rooms...filthy, filthy and filthy. Hair in the bathroom and bed. Had we not been so exhausted...well, you get it.
Room temperature was too hot or too cold.
Stay elsewhere.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear FROMOMAHANEBRASKA,

Thank you for staying with us at the Miami International Airport hotel. Your feedback as well as your business is appreciated. I will address all issues accordingly with all my housekeeping manager and front desk manager.

Once again, thank you and we hope you give us another opportunity in the future.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

In airport terminal, so no need to bother with hotel shuttle busses/taxis. Windows shuttered and/or curtained so as to block view of brick wall - but that's of no importance to a lay-over or day room. Clean but dated.
Hotel staff mixed attitude - from very helpful and pleasant to down right 'I can't be bothered'.
Restaurant at top of hotel is VERY expensive, but plenty of food outlets within terminal.

Room Tip: Very handy for a lay-over without leaving the airport!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear GPratt2563,

Thank you for choosing the Miami International Airport hotel. We appreciate your feedback as well as your business.

We hope to see you again on your next stop to the Miami International Airport.

Bangor, Maine
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Hotel is in need up upgrades.. So you definitely get what you pay for. Room was marginal.. door loocks were funny, shower and toilet leaked. So iron hair dryer was broken.. Bed wasa reasonably comfortable.. No coffee in the room. I will definitely stay at the Embassy Suites next time in Miami

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Jo Maine,

Thank you for staying at the Miami International Airport Hotel. I apologize for the appalling experience you encountered while staying with us. I have made my housekeeping manager aware of the missing and nonworking amenities in your room, my sincere apologies; I will make sure that this does not happen again.

I truly hope you give us another opportunity to be of service to you in the future.

Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

My daughter and I chose to spend a layover night at this hotel, thinking we would save time staying in the airport. Think again! It was a 30 minute walk to the hotel, for which there were no signs anywhere in the terminal. It was as if the airport didn't want us to find this hotel.

The rooms were extremely small, even for one adult and one child. Don't think about putting more than 2 people in the room and hope you pack on the light side! On the plus side, the restaurant on the top floor had excellent food and good service for breakfast. They even comped our breakfast.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
MiaHotel, General Manager at Miami International Airport Hotel, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear Adventure_Addict,

Thank you for choosing the Miami International Airport Hotel. We appreciate your feedback as well as your business. I apologize for the lack on signage; we are working very close to the airport and its signage department to expand the hotel’s signage throughout the entire airport.

We truly hope you give us another opportunity in the future.

Harve Rosenthal

Been to Miami International Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!