“Great for a stop-over/day room” 3 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Miami International Airport Hotel to your Saves list
Travelocity Expedia.com
Miami International Airport Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   N.W. 20th Street & LeJeune Road, Inside MIA Concourse E, Miami, FL 33299-7510   |
Special Deal
Free Breakfast & Wi-Fi
Ranked #92 of 131 hotels in Miami
London, United Kingdom
“Great for a stop-over/day room”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

In airport terminal, so no need to bother with hotel shuttle busses/taxis. Windows shuttered and/or curtained so as to block view of brick wall - but that's of no importance to a lay-over or day room. Clean but dated.
Hotel staff mixed attitude - from very helpful and pleasant to down right 'I can't be bothered'.
Restaurant at top of hotel is VERY expensive, but plenty of food outlets within terminal.

Room Tip: Very handy for a lay-over without leaving the airport!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
MiaHotel, General Manager at Miami International Airport Hotel, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear GPratt2563,

Thank you for choosing the Miami International Airport hotel. We appreciate your feedback as well as your business.

We hope to see you again on your next stop to the Miami International Airport.

988 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Bangor, Maine
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Hotel is in need up upgrades.. So you definitely get what you pay for. Room was marginal.. door loocks were funny, shower and toilet leaked. So iron hair dryer was broken.. Bed wasa reasonably comfortable.. No coffee in the room. I will definitely stay at the Embassy Suites next time in Miami

Dear Jo Maine,

Thank you for staying at the Miami International Airport Hotel. I apologize for the appalling experience you encountered while staying with us. I have made my housekeeping manager aware of the missing and nonworking amenities in your room, my sincere apologies; I will make sure that this does not happen again.

I truly hope you give us another opportunity to be of service to you in the future.

Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

My daughter and I chose to spend a layover night at this hotel, thinking we would save time staying in the airport. Think again! It was a 30 minute walk to the hotel, for which there were no signs anywhere in the terminal. It was as if the airport didn't want us to find this hotel.

The rooms were extremely small, even for one adult and one child. Don't think about putting more than 2 people in the room and hope you pack on the light side! On the plus side, the restaurant on the top floor had excellent food and good service for breakfast. They even comped our breakfast.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
MiaHotel, General Manager at Miami International Airport Hotel, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear Adventure_Addict,

Thank you for choosing the Miami International Airport Hotel. We appreciate your feedback as well as your business. I apologize for the lack on signage; we are working very close to the airport and its signage department to expand the hotel’s signage throughout the entire airport.

We truly hope you give us another opportunity in the future.

Champaign-Urbana, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I was going to give 3 stars before sleep, and went down to 2.
Not hotels fault, but the layout of the terminal is kahrazy. So I finally find check in, tripple checking Im in the right space - I am. Wait 15 minutes in line for check in. Go through this weird decor of reflective polished steel, find my door - and I already know what to expect inside. It is old. It's used alot for its location and the owner has taken some repairs. Except, whoever they hired didn't do a great job. I could see all the Spackle marks, the shower/bathroom needs total renovation. When it tells you in the add that you get a spa like bathroom, you can ask them to take down that poster (2nd floor).
And yes, you expect an airport hotel to have some noise. But come on, its called insulation. I heard all pm takeoffs. I heard a mom give a bath to her child in the neighboring room. And they were giggling and loudly happy until I flushed my toilet. I think they heard it.
Scheduled wake up cal happened 10 minutes early. But that OK because my other neighbors alarm had me up at 5am. I thought, awe, they got an early flight, they better get up. But they aren't turning off the alarm. Guess what - an empty room next to me, with a 5am alarm that doesn't automatically shut off. When I was leaving around 6, it was still going off.
Stay there for convenience and bring earplugs and zzzquil. <sigh>

Dear Galina M,
Thank you for choosing the Miami International Airport Hotel. I would first like to apologize for the inconvenience you encountered while staying with us. It is our goal to make sure that all of our guest leave happy and satisfied, we failed to do so with you.

Although you have said that you will not visit our hotel again, I truly hope you give us another opportunity to be of service to you. The hotel will soon be going through a major renovation and I hope you can come back to experience the many changes.

Once again, thank you.

Bristol
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Clean, spacious and comfortable room. No airport noise and comfortable beds enabled a great nights sleep. Only booked this hotel as couldn't face shuttles ect to offsite hotel as had to return to airport next day, but would not hesitate to stay again. Fastest check in/out we have ever experienced.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear rachelinBristol,

I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay, we hope to see you again on your next visit to the Miami International Airport Hotel.

Caribbean
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

This is a hotel in the airport. My cost was $154 including taxes. I admit that for a little more I can stay at a great Sofitel at T5 at Heathrow but having spent more than twice as much for an airport hotel 5 mins from JFK I thought this was good value for money.

Rooms are small and the view was over a roof full of air handling equipment but I wasn't there for the view. A late arrival at MIA and an early flight out made this a good choice. The room was well presented and the bed comfortable. Apart from a noisy family next door, we has a good night's sleep once they were quiet.

We had a dinner / drinks in the lobby bar that was good value and an excellent breakfast at Top of the Port restaurant next day and them ambled to the check-in in good time.

I would use the hotel again if faced with the same sort if travel schedule

Dear rogchez,

Thank you for choosing the Miami International Airport Hotel. We thank you for your feedback as well as your business.

We hope to see you again on your next stop to the Miami International Airport Hotel.

United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

A convenient hotel, if you have a late flight into Miami and just want to 'crash-out' in bed.

Bad points: On our arrival, the hotel had a security alert, which meant we could not get into the hotel for over 2hours. The was no formal apology from the hotel, not even an offer of a free breakfast or anything like that. Our double room was well appointed, but suffered from being an ex-smoking room (and the unresolved residue smell) - we would have asked for a room swap but we were too tired by this time to ask for a swap. The three lifts were pretty useless during peak operational times, and there is not the option of using the stairs.

Good points: Location to airport - literally in the airport. Good selection of snacks and food in airport. Room size good, and noise not too bad considering location.

We would probably not stay here again, sorry.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear ukAmericanTourist,

Thank you for choosing the Miami International Airport Hotel. I apologize for the inconvenience you encountered while staying with us.

I truly hope you give us another opportunity in the future to be of service to you.

Harve Rosenthal

Been to Miami International Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!