“Odd service things that bug” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Miami International Airport Hotel

You added Miami International Airport Hotel to your Saves list
Miami International Airport Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   N.W. 20th Street & LeJeune Road, Inside MIA Concourse E, Miami, FL 33299-7510   |
Ranked #93 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Champaign-Urbana, Illinois
“Odd service things that bug”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I was going to give 3 stars before sleep, and went down to 2.
Not hotels fault, but the layout of the terminal is kahrazy. So I finally find check in, tripple checking Im in the right space - I am. Wait 15 minutes in line for check in. Go through this weird decor of reflective polished steel, find my door - and I already know what to expect inside. It is old. It's used alot for its location and the owner has taken some repairs. Except, whoever they hired didn't do a great job. I could see all the Spackle marks, the shower/bathroom needs total renovation. When it tells you in the add that you get a spa like bathroom, you can ask them to take down that poster (2nd floor).
And yes, you expect an airport hotel to have some noise. But come on, its called insulation. I heard all pm takeoffs. I heard a mom give a bath to her child in the neighboring room. And they were giggling and loudly happy until I flushed my toilet. I think they heard it.
Scheduled wake up cal happened 10 minutes early. But that OK because my other neighbors alarm had me up at 5am. I thought, awe, they got an early flight, they better get up. But they aren't turning off the alarm. Guess what - an empty room next to me, with a 5am alarm that doesn't automatically shut off. When I was leaving around 6, it was still going off.
Stay there for convenience and bring earplugs and zzzquil. <sigh>

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
MiaHotel, General Manager at Miami International Airport Hotel, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear Galina M,
Thank you for choosing the Miami International Airport Hotel. I would first like to apologize for the inconvenience you encountered while staying with us. It is our goal to make sure that all of our guest leave happy and satisfied, we failed to do so with you.

Although you have said that you will not visit our hotel again, I truly hope you give us another opportunity to be of service to you. The hotel will soon be going through a major renovation and I hope you can come back to experience the many changes.

Once again, thank you.

Harve Rosenthal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
  • Finnish first
Bristol
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Clean, spacious and comfortable room. No airport noise and comfortable beds enabled a great nights sleep. Only booked this hotel as couldn't face shuttles ect to offsite hotel as had to return to airport next day, but would not hesitate to stay again. Fastest check in/out we have ever experienced.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear rachelinBristol,

Thank you for choosing the Miami International Airport Hotel. We appreciate your feedback as well as your business.

I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay, we hope to see you again on your next visit to the Miami International Airport Hotel.

Caribbean
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

This is a hotel in the airport. My cost was $154 including taxes. I admit that for a little more I can stay at a great Sofitel at T5 at Heathrow but having spent more than twice as much for an airport hotel 5 mins from JFK I thought this was good value for money.

Rooms are small and the view was over a roof full of air handling equipment but I wasn't there for the view. A late arrival at MIA and an early flight out made this a good choice. The room was well presented and the bed comfortable. Apart from a noisy family next door, we has a good night's sleep once they were quiet.

We had a dinner / drinks in the lobby bar that was good value and an excellent breakfast at Top of the Port restaurant next day and them ambled to the check-in in good time.

I would use the hotel again if faced with the same sort if travel schedule

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear rogchez,

Thank you for choosing the Miami International Airport Hotel. We thank you for your feedback as well as your business.

We hope to see you again on your next stop to the Miami International Airport Hotel.

United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

A convenient hotel, if you have a late flight into Miami and just want to 'crash-out' in bed.

Bad points: On our arrival, the hotel had a security alert, which meant we could not get into the hotel for over 2hours. The was no formal apology from the hotel, not even an offer of a free breakfast or anything like that. Our double room was well appointed, but suffered from being an ex-smoking room (and the unresolved residue smell) - we would have asked for a room swap but we were too tired by this time to ask for a swap. The three lifts were pretty useless during peak operational times, and there is not the option of using the stairs.

Good points: Location to airport - literally in the airport. Good selection of snacks and food in airport. Room size good, and noise not too bad considering location.

We would probably not stay here again, sorry.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear ukAmericanTourist,

Thank you for choosing the Miami International Airport Hotel. I apologize for the inconvenience you encountered while staying with us.

I truly hope you give us another opportunity in the future to be of service to you.

Belmont NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We ended up with an overnight stopover in Miami and this worked out to be a great place to stay. Just walk down the concourse to the hotel and back again to the gate in the morning. Much easier than dragging luggage on and off of the hotel shuttle bus. The room was quite and while not large, fit our needs for the night. I would recommend this hotel without question.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear BelmontNC,

Thank you for choosing the Miami International Airport Hotel. I am delighted to know that you found our hotel to be convenient and practical.

We hope to see you again on your next stop to the Miami International Airport.

Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The hotel is very old and shabby without amenities. The tiny window in the room was masked by wall to wall draperies. The bed was very hard and uncomfortable. They touted a free breakfast but the food was poorly prepared, dried out eggs and potatoes. To the embarrassment of the waiter the manager told him "they have to pay for a second glass", after the manager overheard me asking for another glass of OJ. The charge was $5.00. This after having paid $200/night for a a very mediocre room. When I questioned the manager he stated "we have to draw the line". So do we, by never staying in this hotel again.

Room Tip: No pool, no fitness facility that we were able to find.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Marie T,
Thank you for staying with us at the Miami International Airport Hotel. I apologize for the inconvenience you encountered while staying with us, I have addressed the disappointment you encountered while dining at the Top of the Restaurant with our Food and Beverage Director.

I truly hope that you give us another opportunity in the future to be of your service.
Once again, I apologize.

Somerset U.K.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We have stayed here on several occasions over the past 16 years when we have unfortunately had to transit through the unfriendly Miami airport!!
If we have sufficient time we prefer to stay off the airport property.
We had a King room it was so small, shabby, freezing cold even with fan switched off there was cold air blasting through vents & holes in the ceiling.
The bathroom was so tiny the door wouldn't shut with the toilet seat down!!
One sachet of coffee was provided, amazing considering how much we paid!
The noise from guests was unbearable and continued throughout the night, we had absolutely no sleep and it was expensive to stay here, twice the cost of a hotel half a mile away with free shuttle.
Next time we will stay off the airport property, its cheaper and a few hours peaceful sleep is better than eight hours awake in a shabby noisy room.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
MiaHotel, General Manager at Miami International Airport Hotel, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Dear ClaireandJohn,

I appreciate your business as well as your feedback, I apologize for the unsatisfied experience you encountered while staying with us. We thank you for choosing our hotel for many years, due to unfortunate layover; I hope you give our hotel another opportunity in the future to be of service to you.

Once again, I apologize.

Harve Rosenthal

Been to Miami International Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!