“Does what you need” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Miami International Airport Hotel

Expedia.com Travelocity
Miami International Airport Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   N.W. 20th Street & LeJeune Road, Inside MIA Concourse E, Miami, FL 33299-7510   |
Special Deal
Free Breakfast & Wi-Fi
Ranked #92 of 131 hotels in Miami
Caribbean
“Does what you need”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

This is a hotel in the airport. My cost was $154 including taxes. I admit that for a little more I can stay at a great Sofitel at T5 at Heathrow but having spent more than twice as much for an airport hotel 5 mins from JFK I thought this was good value for money.

Rooms are small and the view was over a roof full of air handling equipment but I wasn't there for the view. A late arrival at MIA and an early flight out made this a good choice. The room was well presented and the bed comfortable. Apart from a noisy family next door, we has a good night's sleep once they were quiet.

We had a dinner / drinks in the lobby bar that was good value and an excellent breakfast at Top of the Port restaurant next day and them ambled to the check-in in good time.

I would use the hotel again if faced with the same sort if travel schedule

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
MiaHotel, General Manager at Miami International Airport Hotel, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear rogchez,

Thank you for choosing the Miami International Airport Hotel. We thank you for your feedback as well as your business.

We hope to see you again on your next stop to the Miami International Airport Hotel.

989 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

A convenient hotel, if you have a late flight into Miami and just want to 'crash-out' in bed.

Bad points: On our arrival, the hotel had a security alert, which meant we could not get into the hotel for over 2hours. The was no formal apology from the hotel, not even an offer of a free breakfast or anything like that. Our double room was well appointed, but suffered from being an ex-smoking room (and the unresolved residue smell) - we would have asked for a room swap but we were too tired by this time to ask for a swap. The three lifts were pretty useless during peak operational times, and there is not the option of using the stairs.

Good points: Location to airport - literally in the airport. Good selection of snacks and food in airport. Room size good, and noise not too bad considering location.

We would probably not stay here again, sorry.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear ukAmericanTourist,

Thank you for choosing the Miami International Airport Hotel. I apologize for the inconvenience you encountered while staying with us.

I truly hope you give us another opportunity in the future to be of service to you.

Belmont NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We ended up with an overnight stopover in Miami and this worked out to be a great place to stay. Just walk down the concourse to the hotel and back again to the gate in the morning. Much easier than dragging luggage on and off of the hotel shuttle bus. The room was quite and while not large, fit our needs for the night. I would recommend this hotel without question.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear BelmontNC,

Thank you for choosing the Miami International Airport Hotel. I am delighted to know that you found our hotel to be convenient and practical.

We hope to see you again on your next stop to the Miami International Airport.

Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The hotel is very old and shabby without amenities. The tiny window in the room was masked by wall to wall draperies. The bed was very hard and uncomfortable. They touted a free breakfast but the food was poorly prepared, dried out eggs and potatoes. To the embarrassment of the waiter the manager told him "they have to pay for a second glass", after the manager overheard me asking for another glass of OJ. The charge was $5.00. This after having paid $200/night for a a very mediocre room. When I questioned the manager he stated "we have to draw the line". So do we, by never staying in this hotel again.

Room Tip: No pool, no fitness facility that we were able to find.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Marie T,
Thank you for staying with us at the Miami International Airport Hotel. I apologize for the inconvenience you encountered while staying with us, I have addressed the disappointment you encountered while dining at the Top of the Restaurant with our Food and Beverage Director.

I truly hope that you give us another opportunity in the future to be of your service.

Somerset U.K.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We have stayed here on several occasions over the past 16 years when we have unfortunately had to transit through the unfriendly Miami airport!!
If we have sufficient time we prefer to stay off the airport property.
We had a King room it was so small, shabby, freezing cold even with fan switched off there was cold air blasting through vents & holes in the ceiling.
The bathroom was so tiny the door wouldn't shut with the toilet seat down!!
One sachet of coffee was provided, amazing considering how much we paid!
The noise from guests was unbearable and continued throughout the night, we had absolutely no sleep and it was expensive to stay here, twice the cost of a hotel half a mile away with free shuttle.
Next time we will stay off the airport property, its cheaper and a few hours peaceful sleep is better than eight hours awake in a shabby noisy room.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
MiaHotel, General Manager at Miami International Airport Hotel, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Dear ClaireandJohn,

I appreciate your business as well as your feedback, I apologize for the unsatisfied experience you encountered while staying with us. We thank you for choosing our hotel for many years, due to unfortunate layover; I hope you give our hotel another opportunity in the future to be of service to you.

Munich, Germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

We took 2 rooms for one night after a later arrival.
The rooms were not the cleanest and also not new. cracks in walls an doors, the bed didn't look too inviting. I slept with clothes on...... At checkin (8pm) there was on guy at the desk and we had to wait half an hour. The breakfast was included but you only had the choice of 3 different specials which we all didn'tlike and was nit good.
If the room would have been somewhat 100$ I couldn't complain that much. But for the 2 rooms we paid 450$ and this is not bearable. We would never stay there again!

Room Tip: don't go there!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear epmuc,

Thank you for choosing the Miami International Airport Hotel. We appreciate your business as well as your feedback. I apologize for the unsatisfied experience you encountered while staying with us.

We failed to make your stay a great one and I apologize for it. I hope you give us another opportunity to be of service to you in the future.

Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Very convenient. Horrible check in with young woman behind the desk who had not yet mastered English and was angry with the world. Memorable!! Perhaps to compensate for this lack of competence, she said nothing during the check in, slapped my key cards on the desk, said "fourth floor" and went back to arguing with her male companion. I went up to the restaurant after and ordered some chicken with fettucine. I received something with mashed potatoes and olives. When I brought this to the attention of the waiter and explained in my part of the world, fettucine was a pasta - no mashed potatoes were involved, but I was hungry and would eat it, he said "don't worry - they're both the same price". My relieve after hearing that statement was immeasurable! Then he had a long face when I stroked through the tip section of the bill. But, the guy that checked me out was fast courteous and professional, his efforts were almost forgotten about and not mentioned, because we always remember the negatives first. A convenient location - you got it! Service - NO!! Value - probably not!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Mitchell L,
Thank you for staying at the Miami International Airport Hotel. I apologize for the inconvenience you encountered while staying with us, I have shared this information with my front desk manager and we are truly sorry for the service you received upon check-in. I have also shared your feedback with my Food and Beverage Director of the type of service you received while dining at our hotel restaurant, please let me reassure that such behavior from both the Front desk agent and Restaurant server is unacceptable and has been addressed by both managers. I sincerely hope you give us another opportunity to be of service to you in the future.

Harve Rosenthal

Been to Miami International Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!