“Sleepless in Miami.....” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Miami International Airport Hotel

Save Saved
You added Miami International Airport Hotel to your Saves list
Miami International Airport Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   N.W. 20th Street & LeJeune Road, Inside MIA Concourse E, Miami, FL 33299-7510   |
Ranked #91 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Somerset U.K.
“Sleepless in Miami.....”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We have stayed here on several occasions over the past 16 years when we have unfortunately had to transit through the unfriendly Miami airport!!
If we have sufficient time we prefer to stay off the airport property.
We had a King room it was so small, shabby, freezing cold even with fan switched off there was cold air blasting through vents & holes in the ceiling.
The bathroom was so tiny the door wouldn't shut with the toilet seat down!!
One sachet of coffee was provided, amazing considering how much we paid!
The noise from guests was unbearable and continued throughout the night, we had absolutely no sleep and it was expensive to stay here, twice the cost of a hotel half a mile away with free shuttle.
Next time we will stay off the airport property, its cheaper and a few hours peaceful sleep is better than eight hours awake in a shabby noisy room.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
MiaHotel, General Manager at Miami International Airport Hotel, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Dear ClaireandJohn,

I appreciate your business as well as your feedback, I apologize for the unsatisfied experience you encountered while staying with us. We thank you for choosing our hotel for many years, due to unfortunate layover; I hope you give our hotel another opportunity in the future to be of service to you.

Harve Rosenthal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
  • Finnish first
Munich, Germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

We took 2 rooms for one night after a later arrival.
The rooms were not the cleanest and also not new. cracks in walls an doors, the bed didn't look too inviting. I slept with clothes on...... At checkin (8pm) there was on guy at the desk and we had to wait half an hour. The breakfast was included but you only had the choice of 3 different specials which we all didn'tlike and was nit good.
If the room would have been somewhat 100$ I couldn't complain that much. But for the 2 rooms we paid 450$ and this is not bearable. We would never stay there again!

Room Tip: don't go there!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear epmuc,

Thank you for choosing the Miami International Airport Hotel. We appreciate your business as well as your feedback. I apologize for the unsatisfied experience you encountered while staying with us.

We failed to make your stay a great one and I apologize for it. I hope you give us another opportunity to be of service to you in the future.

Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Very convenient. Horrible check in with young woman behind the desk who had not yet mastered English and was angry with the world. Memorable!! Perhaps to compensate for this lack of competence, she said nothing during the check in, slapped my key cards on the desk, said "fourth floor" and went back to arguing with her male companion. I went up to the restaurant after and ordered some chicken with fettucine. I received something with mashed potatoes and olives. When I brought this to the attention of the waiter and explained in my part of the world, fettucine was a pasta - no mashed potatoes were involved, but I was hungry and would eat it, he said "don't worry - they're both the same price". My relieve after hearing that statement was immeasurable! Then he had a long face when I stroked through the tip section of the bill. But, the guy that checked me out was fast courteous and professional, his efforts were almost forgotten about and not mentioned, because we always remember the negatives first. A convenient location - you got it! Service - NO!! Value - probably not!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Mitchell L,
Thank you for staying at the Miami International Airport Hotel. I apologize for the inconvenience you encountered while staying with us, I have shared this information with my front desk manager and we are truly sorry for the service you received upon check-in. I have also shared your feedback with my Food and Beverage Director of the type of service you received while dining at our hotel restaurant, please let me reassure that such behavior from both the Front desk agent and Restaurant server is unacceptable and has been addressed by both managers. I sincerely hope you give us another opportunity to be of service to you in the future.

Cobham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

With a 7pm flight arrival from UK and cruise from Ft Lauderdale the next day this seemed like a good solution for a 1 night stay and it was.

Easy to walk your bags straight from arrivals - check-in was friendly and efficient and we were quickly in a large and attractive room with a king-sized bed. As the Virgin Atlantic food was so inadequate we needed to eat something extra before retiring for the night and the hotel restaurant was the convenient choice.

We were quickly seated and decided to just have the chicken tenders (listed as a starter) with a side of french fries washed down by a glass of wine and this was absolutely fine and just what we needed with friendly and efficient service.

Back to the room and the really thick curtains and effective double-glazing coupled with an extremely comfortable bed meant we had a great nights sleep - which lets face it is by far the most important thing in a hotel.

The bathroom is slightly dated with marble walls but this was probably a grand hotel when first opened and we couldn't fault the cleanliness or facilities (except you had to pay for wi-fi).

We breakfasted in the hotel and the menu provided a good choice and the food was excellent with good service.

Check-out was a doddle and it was then just a case of pulling the cases to the people-mover (light train system) that takes you to the rent-a-car facility.

One tip for anyone staying here and then taking a cruise from Ft Lauderdale the next day is to hire a car for 1 day to get from Miami to Ft lauderdale airport and then get the free shuttle from the rental car facility down to your ship. Booking this in advance in the UK cost me just £21 and this is far cheaper than taking a taxi. You can do exactly the same at the end of your cruise in reverse as there are no one-way drop-off fees in Florida.

Room Tip: I recommend the king-sized room , we had only booked a standard room but got a king-sized one withou...
Dear bobkent,

Thank you for choosing the Miami International Airport Hotel. We truly appreciate your feedback as well as your business.

I am happy to know that your stay was practical, convenient and satisfying. We hope to see you again on your next stop to the Miami International Airport.

Chicago, IL Suburbs
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for one night so that we could make a connecting flight much easier the following day. The hotel is located right on the airport property - so that is a big plus. The rooms are quite small, but we found ours to be clean and didn't see any issues as mentioned in some other reviews. The registration line does move incredibly slow - so be prepared to wait a bit if there is a line (which is usually the case). The room was quite quiet for being located at a major airport.

We ate at the restaurant at the top of the hotel last time we stayed here and decided not to do the same on this trip. On the last trip it was kinda 'sad' all around. The food was OK, the drinks were OK, but the service was not the best and the overall feel and look of the place is just somewhat depressing. I would find somewhere else to eat (which is not the easiest outside of security at MIA) when staying at the hotel.

Dear ChgoSailor,

Thank you for staying at the Miami International Airport Hotel. I am happy to know that you found our hotel to be practical and convenient.

We thank you for your feedback as well as your business.
We hope to see you again on your next stop to the Miami International Airport Hotel.

Kensington, California, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here one night between flights, which was convenient. The next day I noticed itchy welts on my legs that bothered me for days. We had reservations to stay another night on our return trip but changed our reservation to another hotel. I appreciated that the staff accommodated us without question.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
MiaHotel, General Manager at Miami International Airport Hotel, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear Liz G

We are grateful that you took the time to write a review on TripAdvisor.com and inform us of the inconvenience you experienced. Please allow us to extend our apologies for the unhappy experience during your visit to our hotel.

We immediately asked our fumigation/pesticide company to do a random inspection of all hotel rooms, since we do not have a report from you. Our pest control company informed us that they found “no evidence of bed bug infestation” in any of our hotel guest rooms.

It is our goal to follow through on all of our customer complaints. We hope you give us another opportunity to be of service to you in the near future.

MDUSA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

A big plus is convenience to check in after a late evening arrival or the night before an early morning departure. We did both! The hotel is right in the center of the concources so be prepared to pull your bags from and to the arrival/departure concources for your airline. The big minus is the time to check in. We had prepaid and still waited 20 minutes and 25 minutes respectively in the line to check in at reception. I had to keep reminding myself that our wait was not the fault of the staff but the fault of management. Neverthe less I get irritated in such situations and the check in staff lamented that management does not believe the check in times are as long as they really are.

Dear GTWassociates,

Thank you for staying at the Miami International Airport Hotel. We appreciate your business as well as your feedback. I am glad that you found our hotel to be practical and convenient. I apologize for the time you had to wait until you were checked-in; I have shared your comment with my front desk manager.

Once again, thank you

Harve Rosenthal

Been to Miami International Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!