“Don't let the bedbugs bite!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Miami International Airport Hotel

You added Miami International Airport Hotel to your Saves list
Miami International Airport Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   N.W. 20th Street & LeJeune Road, Inside MIA Concourse E, Miami, FL 33299-7510   |
Ranked #74 of 111 Hotels in Miami
Charleston, South Carolina
“Don't let the bedbugs bite!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here one night between flights, which was convenient. The next day I noticed itchy welts on my legs that bothered me for days. We had reservations to stay another night on our return trip but changed our reservation to another hotel. I appreciated that the staff accommodated us without question.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
MiaHotel, General Manager at Miami International Airport Hotel, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear Liz G

We are grateful that you took the time to write a review on TripAdvisor.com and inform us of the inconvenience you experienced. Please allow us to extend our apologies for the unhappy experience during your visit to our hotel.

We immediately asked our fumigation/pesticide company to do a random inspection of all hotel rooms, since we do not have a report from you. Our pest control company informed us that they found “no evidence of bed bug infestation” in any of our hotel guest rooms.

It is our goal to follow through on all of our customer complaints. We hope you give us another opportunity to be of service to you in the near future.

Harve Rosenthal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
  • Finnish first
MDUSA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

A big plus is convenience to check in after a late evening arrival or the night before an early morning departure. We did both! The hotel is right in the center of the concources so be prepared to pull your bags from and to the arrival/departure concources for your airline. The big minus is the time to check in. We had prepaid and still waited 20 minutes and 25 minutes respectively in the line to check in at reception. I had to keep reminding myself that our wait was not the fault of the staff but the fault of management. Neverthe less I get irritated in such situations and the check in staff lamented that management does not believe the check in times are as long as they really are.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear GTWassociates,

Thank you for staying at the Miami International Airport Hotel. We appreciate your business as well as your feedback. I am glad that you found our hotel to be practical and convenient. I apologize for the time you had to wait until you were checked-in; I have shared your comment with my front desk manager.

Once again, thank you

Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

I usually read hotel reviews before booking a hotel room, but I apparently failed to read carefully about this hotel. We arrived at the hotel in the late evening, only needing to stay one night, before our cruise out of the Port of Miami the next afternoon. Upon entering the elevator, we realized how dirty it was inside. Upon entering the hallway on our designated floor, we realized how dirty & filthy the walls were. When I opened the door of the room, we realized how small it was, but it was okay for just the two of us for one night, and it was nicely furnished and appeared clean.

As I continued to take pictures of the room, I eventually entered the bathroom, and this is where it went all the way down hill. There was blue chewing gum stuck to the floor, that housekeeping obviously ignored; you couldn't help but see it out front, lying there between the toilet and the sink. The sink had two hair strands in it, as well as the shower. Oh, the shower tiles were filthy; I chose not to shower there.

It's a shame that a hotel would allow its property to get this nasty, knowing that people are paying close to $200 for the room. The only good thing about this place, is the convenience if one has a late arrival to or early departure from the airport. It's obvious that this place is not managed correctly, and there are lazy employees in charge of cleaning rooms.... just read other reviews regarding dirty rooms. I'm sure management will see this and try to come up with something good to say, but after that experience, we'll never stay there again; hopefully others won't be fooled by their nice website pictures.

Breakfast was offered with the price of the room, inside of their 'Top of the Port'. restaurant, which was very good.

If you don't mind filthy rooms, then this place is for you.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
MiaHotel, General Manager at Miami International Airport Hotel, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Dear LuverOfTraveling,

Thank you for staying at the Miami International Airport Hotel. We appreciate your feedback as well as your business.

I apologize for the inconvenience you encountered while staying with us, I have addressed all issues with my housekeeping manager.

Once again, I apologize and hope you give us another opportunity to be of service to you in the future.

Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Look, this place is anything but spectacular, and for that, it fits into the Miami airport ecosystem quite well.

So what do you get if you stay here: a decent enough room, an okay bed, and a location if you're stranded in the airport because you missed a connection that is hard to beat. Staff was nice, shower was fine, and so maybe my standards are low, but it beat sleeping in the airport.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Patrick F,

Thank you for choosing the Miami International Airport Hotel. I am glad that you found our hotel to be convenient while staying with us. The hotel will soon be going under renovation and I hope that if you ever find yourself again at the Miami International Airport you give another opportunity to be of service to you.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

If you want the convience of being at a hotel in the Airport Terminal, this is the place. The price is high and the rooms are average at best. Not sure if I would ever stay here again unless I did not have much time and needed to connect to a very early morning flight. Not very pleasant.

Room Tip: close to elevator so you don't have to walk down the narrow boring hall
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear LeonNoelKos,

Thank you for your feedback as well as your business, I am happy to know that you found our hotel to be practical and convenient. Our hotel will soon be going through renovation; if you ever find yourself at the Miami International Airport, I hope you give us another opportunity to witness the many changes.

Once again, thank you.

Dallas, Texas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Stayed at the miami airport hotel during an overnight layover. Definitely overpriced but I guess that's what you pay for easy access. I landed around 12:30 at night in Miami and was traveling alone (I'm female) so I didn't really want to take a taxi to another hotel. Also my flight was at 7am the next day so I bit the bullet and paid the money. Again it was just ok. bed was comfortable. Shower was warm. I couldn't hear any airplane noise so I guess that was good. Staff was nice enough. I didn't see any bugs. Overall it worked for a brief night layover. Would not pay that much money for the room if I had more options (ie landed earlier or had more time in Miami).

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dear s0llie3,

Thank you for staying at the Miami International Airport Hotel. I am delightful to hear that you found our hotel to be practical and convenient.

We hope to see you again on your next stop to the Miami International Airport.

Once again, thank you.

Baltimore, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night. It was just plain gross!! There were hairs on the towels in the bathroom, in the sink, and on the toilet. The bed had holes in the sheets. The staff was rude, and the shower wasn't even warm. I felt like I didn't want to even touch anything in the room. If I hadn't arrived at midnight, I would have checked back out immediately and gone somewhere else.

The rooms are terribly dated, and the elevators are scary.

There were kids running up and down the halls yelling until 2:00am.

I would advise against staying here. For almost $200 a night, I think a clean room and warm shower is not too much to expect.

Highly disappointed!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Jenifer T,

Thank you for staying at the Miami International Airport Hotel. I apologize for the unsatisfied experience you encountered while staying with us. I cannot apologize enough to make you want to stay with us again in the future, I just hope you give us another opportunity to be of service to you. I have made my housekeeping manager aware of your comment; we will work hard moving forward for incidents as such do not happen again.

Once again, I apologize.

Harve Rosenthal

Been to Miami International Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!