“Good location” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Miami International Airport Hotel

Save Saved
You added Miami International Airport Hotel to your Saves list
Miami International Airport Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   N.W. 20th Street & LeJeune Road, Inside MIA Concourse E, Miami, FL 33299-7510   |
Ranked #90 of 129 hotels in Miami
TUS
“Good location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

Great location in the terminal right across from the American Airlines Gates. The hotel is dated, but clean and the rooms are reasonably quiet perfect place for a short overnight. Another plus is a restaurant Located on the top floor offering grand views of the airport and a decent menu.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
MiaHotel, General Manager at Miami International Airport Hotel, responded to this review, May 30, 2012
Dear Fly_Bob,

Thank you for taking the time to acknowledge your stay at Miami International Airport Hotel. We are very pleased that you have posted a positive feedback.

We will continue to meet and satisfy your needs.

We hope to see you on your next visit to the Miami International Airport.

1,056 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
  • Finnish first
Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

We had a layover in Miami and chose the Miami International Airport Hotels since it was located right there in the airport so we didn't have to hassle with shuttles and packing suitcases back and forth. We had a reservation and it took about 1 minute to checkin and get our room. The room was clean and comfortable and we had a nice night. It was so convenient to checkout the next morning and be right at the airport. This is a great place to stay over and catch a flight the next day. I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: I think any room would be good. The hotel seemed to be quiet.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Dear snorkelgirl55,
Thank you for choosing the Miami International Airport Hotel. I would also like to thank you for acknowledging your stay, we are very pleased that have posted a positive feedback.

We hope to see you on your next visit to the Miami International Airport Hotel.

Vancouver, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

I hate to write a really negative review but unfortunately this property deserves it. We had to stay the night in Miami because of a blown connection and early start the next morning. I was dumb enough to waive the free night from the airline at an off-site hotel, thinking this one would be so much more convenient. As it turned out, the miami airport is sprawling and it took us forever to walk to and locate the hotel so the time savings was partially negated. Worse, the hotel looks like it hasn't seen a renno since the 70's. It is tired, old and dirty. Even the roof-top restaurant which looks quite swish on the website is lost in another era with a terribly dated menu and lousy food. (For example my medium rare sirloin arrived very well done).

The room was sparse and smelled vaguely of something I didn't want to ponder. The hallways smelled much worse, as though the collective cigar and cigarette smoke from the patrons of the last 50 years has permanently impregnated the walls and carpet.

Yes, it was nice to walk out of the hotel in the morning directly into the airport but we still had 20 minutes of walking and shuttles from there to get to our gate.

Unless you're used to staying in hostels, go elsewhere.

Dear Doogie5511,
Thank you for taking the time to address your issues. As general manager, I can only improve based on your comments. I appreciate your business and will address I with each department.
Thank you again and please give us a chance on your next trip to Miami.

Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

The Hotel is definatly not chic or trendy, but it was clean, quiet and the staff was friendly. It allowed us to arrive, got to the hotel to sleep and clean up before catching another flight the next day that we otherwise would have never made our connection. The bed and pillows were comfortable, tv worked, bathroom lacked a fan, but did not cause any problems. We did not eat at their resturant but went out into the terminal with a discount booklet that the hotel provided.

Dear sweetbutnocandy1,

Thank you for choosing for the Miami International Airport Hotel. I appreciate your acknowledgment and positive feedback.

We hope to see you again on your next visit to the Miami International Airport Hotel.

Venice, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

This is one of the best airport hotels that I have stayed at. It is convenient to American Airlines, has excellent service, and (especially since the renovation) excellently soundproofed rooms. I stayed here recently coming through on business. I was able to get my room with no hassles at all. The room was very clean, well appointed and extremely comfortable. I thought I would have difficulty sleeping, but the bed was great. I had a beautiful sleep and was woken by the call from the desk at the correct time. I was completely refreshed, and I was able to have a good breakfast before my flight.

Room Tip: You can book online, which is how I have always done it. The rates they have generally do not change...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Dear Aldenp76,
Thank you for choosing the Miami International Airport Hotel. We are very pleased that you have posted a positive feedback.

We will continue to meet and satisfy your needs. Please visit us again on your next trip to the Miami International Airport.

New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

DO NOT STAY HERE!! The walls are paper thin - you hear everything. The rooms are tiny, dirty, and there are not outlets. They have a ridiculous pricing policy. I booked a week in advance, and another guest checked in without a reservation for $20 less! To top it all off... bed bugs. Not worth the convenience, stay at the Sheraton instead.

Room Tip: Choose a hotel room in a different hotel.
Dear Patrick L,
Thank you for taking the time to write us. As general manager of the Miami International Airport Hotel I can only improve based on your comments.

I appreciate your business and all issues were addressed to all departments.

Thank you again and hope you give us another opportunity in the future.

Grand Cayman
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

I arrived at midnight after travelling straight through from New Zealand and booked here so I did not need to find a shuttle at that time and stand outside with no one around. It was great to just pull my bag from Terminal D (AA) and the hotel is at Terminal E (about a five minute walk right inside the airport). There was only one desk person but I was the only check-in and it was seamless. My room was 521 and it was fine. The linens and pillows were good, the room and bathroom were clean, lots of towels, king bed, good shower etc. I did not think it was all that dated as far as decor. I do think the hallways looked pretty grim so it may be the rooms that others have reviewed badly were similar to the hallways and my room was reasonably updated. I was not near the elevator and it was very quiet. The only noise came from the housekeeping staff the next morning who were very loudly speaking to each other (about 8:30AM). I did not go to the restaurant or have anything to eat. The coffee in the room was good. I did not use WIFI but it wasn't free. I think they have a minimum charge of $5 if you use the computer they have available. Do not know what the cost for room access is. I would stay there again if I had a late arrival or early departure. I am sure they are better places and better value but you do not have the stress of worrying about catching a shuttle. I would recommend it. The guy who checked me out was a bit odd and made me sign a check out paper even though the room had been prepaid and I had signed in the night before. A bit of a waste of time when you are trying to catch a flight.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room that has been updated given some of the terrible reviews and one that is not...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Dear CanadianIslanders,

Thank you for the time you took to acknowledge your stay. We are very pleased that you have posted a positive feedback.

We will continue to meet and satisfy your needs.

Harve Rosenthal

Been to Miami International Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!