“Medical mission to Haiti” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Miami International Airport Hotel

You added Miami International Airport Hotel to your Saves list
Miami International Airport Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   N.W. 20th Street & LeJeune Road, Inside MIA Concourse E, Miami, FL 33299-7510   |
Ranked #73 of 112 Hotels in Miami
Peoria, Illinois
“Medical mission to Haiti”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

We have used this hotel in the past as a gathering for our team that comes from all over the USA. This year we booked rooms through sales department. Check in was smoothest experience yet. Some of us enjoyed a very nice meal at the resturant at the top of the hotel.
There is a charge for porterage for large groups and we had lots of bags. Small problem with check out. Seems I was sent all of the receipts as we had to send individual credit card information to sales department. Still confused as to why they could not provide at time of departure. Guess they needed me to do their work. Next year we may try another plan.

Room Tip: reserve early. Minimal airport noise
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
MiaHotel, General Manager at Miami International Airport Hotel, responded to this review, April 4, 2012
Dear EdMonroe,

Thank you for choosing the Miami International Airport Hotel. We are sorry for the confusion you encountered at the time of check out.

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. We have shared your feedback with our staff at the Sale’s department and they will be more than happy to work with you in the future to make your paper work at the time of check-in and check-out effortless.

I thank you for your business and we hope to see you during your next visit to the Miami International Airport.

General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
  • Finnish first
Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

The rooms are clean and nice. A bit pricey, but totally worth the convenience of not having to leave the airport. Highly recommended if you have to stay overnight and want a safe, convenient place to catch a few hours' rest.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Dear NWVK,

Thank you for choosing the Miami International Airport Hotel. We are glad that you find our hotel convenient and practical.

Thank you for your business and we hope to see you during your next visit to the Miami International Airport.

Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

We had travelled from Sydney to Miami via Los Angeles with kids and were overnighting prior to heading to the Bahamas (aka "the reason"). We has looked at the previous reviews so we has a modest expectation about what we were in for. Overall we were happy - in fact delighted - that we stayed at the hotel....but to be clear - this is a sole purpose hotel.

About the hotel....not bad at all, but we are also staying at the Hotel Victor and Mondrian in South Beach so the rating is relevant to others on choice for travellers to Miami. Some observations:

* This hotel is SO!!!! convenient:- we had read that it is inside the terminal and having been to airport hotels in Singapore, LA and even Sydney and know that it takes a shuttle bus....this is right inside terminal D;
* Check in is easy; front desk people are very friendly;
* Whilst friendly, front desk did put on a show about "fighting for a good room" and "ensuring we had a tarmac/take-off view" - we had booked the best room (and paid up for it) on the net, so no need for a fight guys!!! and the only view that we had was of the internal car park...but hey, as we say - we were there for the sleep;
* There were some other quirky features - if we didn't have the concierge with us, we would never have got into the room....the door handle turns upwards only (again - a quirk, not a reason to not stay); no menu for room service (we abandoned attempting to order from a vague sample description); no kettle; no bar fridge (things that you need for a toddler - but you need a transit to an alternative hotel even less);
* The bed - noisy when you rolled over but otherwise quite comfortable;
* The linen - clean but the sheets and towels were quite old;
* The bathroom - small but functional;
* The shower - alternated between hot and cold several times a minute and the shower head suits the sub 5'6" guests;
* Noise - interesting...given the location, next door's toilet flush was significantly louder than any airplane
* Cleanliness - within the room - ok, just ok (you know - the standard where the long black hairs that are not yours are in the bath/bathroom floor).

With all that in mind, we will stay here again. The people are nice and the purpose provides the reason.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Jamieandjohn
Thank you for choosing the Miami International Airport hotel. I thank you for your feedback and business.

I really hope you come back to visit us if you are ever in the Miami International Airport. We have many exciting updates planned for the future, which I am sure you and your family will enjoy.

Miami, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

For the price, it's not worth it - but for the comfort of actually getting some sleep that does not include finding some chairs inside the airport, it's worth it. It's WAY too expensive for what it is - miniscule room, relatively comfy bed, and a shower that changes temperatures a million times. but i was willing to pay the high price to be able to fly in at midnight, get 5 hours of sleep and be back inside the airport at 630 AM...but if you have the time to take a shuttle to another hotel and actually spend more than just the time sleeping, i would recommend something more worth the price.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Dear Celia D,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at the Miami International Airport.

I would like to apologize for the water temperature being below your expectations. I have addressed the importance of ensuring hot water to both the engineering and management staff.

I truly hope you give our hotel another opportunity in the future.

BC, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel a number of times usually at the end of a long day of flying from the west coast or the night before an early flight out. The convenience (and relief!) of walking about 5 minutes from baggage pick up at midnight has always outweighed any other issues I might have had. This time that still held true but the place sure looked worn out and tired. I have always found the rooms to be quiet but they are small and the bedding didn't seem as comfie as last time. The housekeeping seems to be slipping too because the coffee pot hadn't even been cleaned and refreshed with new supplies. The people at the front desk seemed pretty friendly and efficient but then we didn't have any complaints to deal with.
We ate a couple of meals at the restaurant and I find the food to be pretty good but this time, we noticed a strong smell of what seemed like stale urine which pervaded the whole area on the 7th floor in and near the restaurant. It was pretty disconcerting and I sure hope they take care of that! For the price, this hotel should be given a make over so that repeat visitors like us don't decide that all the little unpleasantries outweigh that all important convenience.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Natureniche,
I would like to thank you for your staying at the Miami International Airport Hotel. We appreciate your business as well as your feedback.

As a repeated guest of our Hotel I am sadden that we did not meet your expectations this time around. We take your comment, as well as all of those posted, very serious. To see that you did not get the type of service you usually receive or better is disappointing to me.

We regret the inconvenience and offer you our apologies for the difficulties you encountered as it gives us the opportunity to correct and prevent similar situations from recurring.

I am pleased to tell you that we are in the planning process of renovation & would like for you to give our hotel another opportunity in the future to experience the big and wonderful changes that are in the plans. .

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience.

Edmonton, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

We had a lay-over for an AM flight. Got in around 11:30 pm. Front desk service was poor. Room was 'clean' but filthy, carpet filthy - child's sock were white - then black after walking on it. Hallways run down and in need of paint, new carpet. Had to keep lid on toilet closed or else this putrid odour wafted into the room. Shower in morning was little better than a trickle of warm water. Will gladly pay taxi fare to a decent hotel next time.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Dear Steve M,

I would first like to start by apologizing for the inconvenience and atrocious time you encountered while staying at our Hotel.

After viewing your feedback, we were truly disappointed on seeing what you described to have been your experience at our Hotel. I have addressed all issues to our housekeeping manager and we are in process of purchasing a better and brand new carpet-cleaning machine.

Our housekeeping department works hard on making sure all rooms are clean for our entire guest, whether it is an overnight reservation or just for a day use.

Again I would like to apologize for the inconvenience and if you ever find yourself at the Miami International Airport I would like to personally apologize in person. I also hope you give us another opportunity to be of your service in the future.

london
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

Ever seen the movie Barton Fink? You know that lonely, desperate, bleak tone to the hotel, well viola come to the Miami International Airport Hotel and you can recreate the experience.

I arrived around 3pm from London and had a 6am flight the next morning. We all thought it would be a good idea to stay here as the lay-over was so quick. Wrong.

I should have taken a taxi and stayed somewhere else, anywhere but there.

I had a moment when I shut the door to my room, my face was tense because I didn't want to touch anything, it was all grim, dirty, you know stains on the hotel directory, and the room had that over-powering smell of pot-pourri scented disinfectent, so strong I kept gagging until I opened the the curtains mostly shading a wall and tiny window onto airport wasteland.

I was tense until I left, the rest of my party didn't get in until midnight, so I spent the time alone watching tv and counting the hours.

The bedspread was so disgusting looking I had to flip it and use it as a way to cover some of the floor.

Never again, I'll either sleep in the airport if my layover is short or cab it to somewhere bearable.

It gets a one because the food was surprisingly mediocre. I was expecting roadkill, but when it came it was edible, salty over sauced steak, but edible.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Dear Genluxx,

I want to apologize for the inconvenience and horrible experience you had while staying at our hotel.
I have addressed all issues listed on your feedback to our housekeeping manager for incidents, as the one you had does not happen again.

Again, I apologize and hope you give us another opportunity in the future.

Harve Rosenthal

Been to Miami International Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!