“Post Cruise Day Room.....” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Miami International Airport Hotel

Save Saved
You added Miami International Airport Hotel to your Saves list
Miami International Airport Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   N.W. 20th Street & LeJeune Road, Inside MIA Concourse E, Miami, FL 33299-7510   |
Ranked #91 of 130 hotels in Miami
Herts, UK
“Post Cruise Day Room.....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012

Sat Jan 7th 2012...........We arrived off a cruise at Port Everglades, were picked up by a pre-booked/pre-paid SuperShuttle van and arrived here at 09.25 am. When reserving the room by email a month or so earlier, I was told the day room timings were 10am-6pm, but that if they could get us in earlier then they would. This was not to be however, so we sat about until 10.15 and then went to our room, number 439. The room was like a sauna as the air-con had been completely switched off (?) but we wacked it up to full on cold air and it was only a couple of minutes until I stopped thinking I was going to die...!!!
There is a Subway beside the hotel in the terminal so we bought a sandwich each and drinks (missed breakfast on the ship) and settled down to relax for the day. The room was very nice with a King bed which was one of the most comfy hotel beds I have ever experienced, bathroom was large and clean with excellent shower/water flow, the bedroom curtain was a one-piece drape over-looking ugliness so good job it didn't pull open (!).....
Eventually we slept for a few hours, woke and showered, then went down in the lift directly into the terminal to catch our evening flight back to London. Very convenient all around....ok so it's not The Four Seasons, but all in all I would stay there again in an instance just for it's location & comfy bed alone.

1,077 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
  • Finnish first
Mons, Belgium
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2012

Flying from Europe and arriving late in Miami, we decided to spend the night at the airport. Very nice pictures on the website of the hotel but in reality disappointing. The room was clean but very small and should be refreshed. It's difficult to walk between the bed and the TV set. The hotel is totally isolated from the noise of the planes but not from the noise of the other neighboring rooms. It's really noisy. The price is excessive for the quality of the room.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Vancouver
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012

We had a long layover (18 hours) on a recent trip and booked here because we were carrying loads of golf bags and luggage and didn't want to haul it all back and forth on a shuttle. Our room was small, faced the airport parking lot, had water damage on the ceiling and walls, wasn't very clean and even though the elevator had a sign/stop for the "pool/spa" and there really wasn't one -- crazy as it sounds, we would still recommend it! Living at the aiport,we had access to all the shops and restaurants, used the handy downtown express shuttle ($2 each) to go into South Beach, and were able to check in early for our international flight the next morning without waiting in line. The hotel could definitely use some improvement, but we would still recommend it for the convenience!
(By the way, if you ever have to fly to South America - fly LAN Airlines - it's flying the way it used to be - big, new plane, lots of leg room, friendly flight attendants, free checked luggage, free tv/movies, drinks and food for all!)

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the runway, not the parking lot -- at least your kids will be distracted.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2012

The room is big, clean, but dated and smelled like mold.
You can't take the airport cart up the elevator so they kind of force the bellman on you.

It was, however, perfect for us because we had an early flight and we were only a few steps away from the terminal.

Topeka, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2012

Compared to the Tampa Airport Hotel, I was not overly impressed. On a positive note the hotel itself was clean and the restaurant was convenient, but I never felt relaxed. I would say that it would be alright if you had to lay over, but if you have the time, go somewhere off the airport property

Room Tip: Beware the standard queen rooms are very compact.
Brisbane, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

One night is one too many at this hotel. Yes, it is convenient if you are arriving late to catch an early flight out the next day. If not, don't stay here. I notice the Manager of this hotel consistently responds to negative reviews with all sorts of comments about fixing issues and dealing with problems. From our experience his efforts must all be ignored. Front office staff are just plain rude and unhelpful - and we experienced different people at both check-in and check-out - so at least they are consistent in that respect. One receptionist would not break a bill for me. We were travelling with 6 large suitcases and we were not helped up to our room with our luggage. Rooms are dirty and fixtures and fittings are all old and damaged and we paid for the deluxe rooms. We would hate to see what a standard is like. Regardless of how late we arrived and how early our departure was, we would definitely travel out of the airport next time to stay at clean hotel where service was included!

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere is my best tip.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

I arrived in Miami after a 9 hour layover in Newark from London (and an afternoon flight out the next day to San Juan). Our flight got in around midnight and since I can't sleep on planes, I was exhausted. I quickly got my baggage and called the hotel - who kept me on hold for about 10 minutes to give me directions on how to get there from inside the airport.

The lobby was so cheesy - lots of mirrors and neon, but I think this is just Miami. I don't know, I have never been to Miami before.... The room was clean - the bathroom was spacious. The bed was pretty large (and very comfortable), although the area between the end of the bed and the television entertainment centre was barely enough room for me to walk through (and I'm small - 5'3", 110 pounds) so I can imagine someone larger would have had to walk over the bed to get to the other side, which contained a desk.

I wouldn't stay here again unless I again had another weird flight connection in Miami. I would recommend it for someone who also needs a room at weird hours and doesn't want to deal with leaving the airport.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo

Been to Miami International Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!