“Perfect for an overnight stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Miami International Airport Hotel

Save Saved
You added Miami International Airport Hotel to your Saves list
Miami International Airport Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   N.W. 20th Street & LeJeune Road, Inside MIA Concourse E, Miami, FL 33299-7510   |
Ranked #90 of 129 hotels in Miami
Haiti
“Perfect for an overnight stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

I stayed at this hotel twice with my three year old daughter in the month of December. Both times we had layovers overnight, and early morning flights. I REALLy wanted to stay at this hotel because of the convenience, but I was concerned about the reviews I saw on TA. I decided to contact Paola directly - she is the Sales Manager at the hotel and often responds to people's reviews. She was fantastic, and was able to get us a great room both times.

Our first stay we had a room on the 7th floor (can't remember the room number). The room was definitely smaller than we are used to staying in, but it was so wonderful to wake up in the morning, and be just a few steps away from the security checkpoint. We saved ourselves at least an hour of sleep, and for that alone, this stay was worth it. Check in and out was quick and easy. The staff were great with my daughter and made us feel welcome and appreciated.

Our second stay was Dec 19th, and again Paola got us a great room on the 7th floor - room 747. This room was much more spacious than the first, and worked perfectly for our family. My daughter and I checked in in the afternoon, and got settled in. We found a number of convenient options for dinner just outside of the hotel lobby. My husband arrived in the evening from his international flight, and since it was past my daughter's bedtime, I put her to sleep and waited for my husband's knock at the door. He arrived so quickly after his arrival time, thanks to the fact that he didn't have to wait for a shuttle to the hotel. The next morning we flew out on Alaska airlines which is located right outside of the hotel lobby (again - so perfect!). We were able to sleep in an extra 45 minutes because we didn't have to deal with a hotel shuttle.

As for the rooms, the beds were extremely comfortable, the decor was beautiful and it's obvious that they have been recently renovated. I loved the bathroom fixtures - very modern and sleek.

Overall I'd highly recommend this hotel for an overnight stay. It's so convenient and saves on time and sleep, which we all know is precious when traveling. I'd stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

1,056 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
  • Finnish first
Clearwater, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2011

We stayed there on 12/24/2011 and was disappointed as soon as we got off the elevator. The place is old with dirty carpet and small rooms. Our room had dirty towels and spots on the tile floor which indicated they had not been cleaned. wifi was an additional charge and there was a wall of blinds but only one tiny window that did not open.
The was a evacuation announcement at 12:05am over the PA system. Everyone went into the hall confused, I called the front desk an was told "sorry that was a false alarm" - no announcement was made to let everyone know. Again at 2:45 am the same announcement was made with no follow up - I saw a security guard and he told me it was a mistake. The mistake was picking this hotel.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Hamilton, Bermuda
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011 via mobile

Had to stay here for 169 a night, we're it not for the fact that I had no choice I would never have bothered.

• Stayed December 2011
St. George's, Grenada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2011

I was traveling alone with two medium sized dogs I adopted from the Caribbean en route to Oregon. Needless to say, I was quite stressed. I was worried about the logistics of picking up the dogs in large crates from baggage, going through customs and immigration, and getting them to a pet relief area, as well as transporting them to a hotel.
A nice porter helped me with the whole thing, even taking us outside to a pet relief area and waiting while the dogs did their business, before taking us to the hotel in the airport. It could not have been more convenient! The staff at the hotel was efficient, friendly, and helpful. We had to transfer the dog crates from the airport porter's trolley to the hotel porter's trolley then up to the sixth floor. I arrived in the late afternoon and had to catch an early morning flight. I must have walked the dogs through the hotel, down the elevator, through the lobby, and out to the dog area about five or six times, and every time the staff was friendly. The room was adequate for what I needed (bed and TV), and the dogs (who normally bark at every person walking by) slept peacefully because it was so quiet. The next morning a helplful hotel porter walked us all the way to our check-in counter. The whole experience could not have gone more smoothly!

Room Tip: If traveling with dogs you might want to ask if they have a room closer to the exit doors so you don...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2011

I’ve flown into MIA a number of times now, and I usually stay in a hotel off site.

This time I was coming in on a late flight and leaving on another the next morning. Having had issues previously catching airport shuttles I wanted to make my journey as simple as possible.

The location of the hotel is unbeatable.

Arriving at concourse D and collecting my bags, I took the lift up one level to departures/check in and walked along to concourse E where the hotel was signed.

Check in was efficient, the front desk clerk friendly – there was a small queue but each person was dealt with in a timely manner.

I was allocated a room on the 6th floor – very little noise that could be heard. The view was over to the parking lot – but for my stay that wasn’t important.

The room itself was larger than I’d anticipated – having read in other reviews that there wasn’t room to swing a cat I was pleasantly surprised.

It was clean and well appointed - contemporary but neutral, large TV, coffee maker etc. I like the photos and pictures of Miami aviation history – a nostalgic touch.

The bed was very comfortable – perfect, given that that was the main purpose of my stay here!

The bathroom was fine – it did look a bit worn and could have done with a deep clean, but for a one-night stay it was perfectly adequate.

I imagine that the majority of people stay here because of it’s location and there’s therefore a high turn over.

For a one night stay this hotel is good value for money, in an unrivalled location, and I’d recommend it to passengers on a lay over.

Room Tip: A room away from the lifts will reduce footfall outside your room
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2011

Close as you can be and so convenient if you have not lots of time - Miami is a super city, worth of a few days break - and attractions not too far from hotel - i/2 a day is enough, the more; the better!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Vancouver, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2011

We have stayed at the Miami International Airport Hotel 3 times over the last couple of years. We have had early departures and wanted to be close so we could get some sleep before our long flight. The first two times were good. The rooms are small, but adequate and clean. This last time was, I would say a nightmare, but that would indicate sleeping, which there was none.
We went to bed at around 9pm. We apparently had a room (6th floor) directly below the kitchen. The noise from banging pots and pans, furniture moving was very loud in our room. We called the front desk to see what the problem was. We were told that there was a late flight that the restaurant was accomodating. They said the hotel was full and we could not be moved. The noise continued, then an evacuation alarm went off twice. We called the front desk again and was told to ignor it. The noises continued to after 3am, at which time we had to get up to get ready for our flight.
We got no sleep that night whatsoever. We complained to the front desk clerk upon checking out. She said that she would give us a refund, but it had to go through the company we booked with. (hotels.com) We were out of the country for 5 weeks. When we returned, we contacted hotels.com and explained the situation. To make a long story short, Miami International Airport Hotel did not refund anything, but Hotels.com sent us a $20 coupon for our next hotel booking with them. We were not happy with the outcome, but I hope this will give a warning to others. Don't take a room below the kitchen. If someone offers you something, get their name, position and exactly what they will compensate you. You can't hear airplanes, but the noise from the kitchen is much worse!

Room Tip: Don't take a room below the kitchen. These are the ones behind the elevators and down the hall.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Miami International Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!