“Good for overnight” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Miami International Airport Hotel

You added Miami International Airport Hotel to your Saves list
Miami International Airport Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   N.W. 20th Street & LeJeune Road, Inside MIA Concourse E, Miami, FL 33299-7510   |
Ranked #90 of 129 Hotels in Miami
New York, NY
“Good for overnight”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

This hotel is a good choice if you get stuck at MIA overnight as I was. Best thing about the property is that you don't have to exit the airport to gain entrance, saving time waiting for a nearby hotel's shuttle or a taxi. The only real drawback are the elevators. One only seemed to work and that one worked poorly.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
  • Finnish first
Port-au-Prince, Haiti
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2011

I've stayed before in this hotel, but I never got to write a review about it. However, I'm sure by now most people know how convenient it is to stay at Miami International Airport Hotel when you have an overnight with an early flight the next day, when you got to MIA late, tired and don't feel like driving around in a cab to look for a hotel room, or when you just want to rest before going on other business the next day...Whatever your reasons are, this hotel can provide you with the peace of mind of not having to go through the hassle of getting out of the airport and having to deal with public transportation, especially after a long flight.

Located right inside the airport, one floor up of the International arrival, you couldn't find a better location for an airport hotel.

I came in from Europe through Chicago, and found out on the way that I had to go all the way to Orlando to take care of some business. I decided to drive from Miami to Orlando, but could not do it the same day of my arrival, I needed to rest. And I had 3 luggages; I didn't have the strength to move around with them. So from Chicago, I booked a room at hotel as I knew it would only take me 5 min to get to the front desk from the moment I collect my luggage.

It was around 8pm, I was tired, I collected my luggage, got to the front desk, the check-in was very expedite with a friendly staff who welcomed me with a warm smile. A concierge asked me he can bring my luggage up for me, I got to my room, and 5 min later my luggages were there. I thanked him with a tip and I just threw myself into the bed!

I booked a standard queen room. It wasn't large, but I wasn't looking for space. The bed was comfortable enough for my sleep, and I had space in the open closet for my stuff. The bathroom was a regular one, nothing really fancy or modern, just organized, clean with all the amenities, particularly the towels that are nicely arranged for guests. I had everything I needed for my night and went straight to bed. Despite the very proximity of the hotel with runways, the rooms are very quiet and you are not disturbed by any kind of noise from planes landing or taking off.
Additionally, as a bonus to hotel guests, they also have those coupons in each room that give you discounts on most shops in the terminal...very useful when planning to do some shopping or just to have a drink in the terminal.

As I needed to rent a car to hit the road, this hotel happens to be very convenient, as all I needed to do and go down, get out the hotel, and the rental shuttle bus was right there. Once I got the car, I came back to the hotel to collect my luggage. And because I got there after 12pm, time of check-out, I knew the room key wouldn't work anymore, so I asked at the front desk and they assisted me immediately. They also kept one of my luggages when I was putting others in the car.

Overall great experience as usual and I will not hesitate to go back this hotel every time I need to. The room could be a bit pricy sometimes, but when you get a good deal, it's worth it!
I rated this hotel 4 star more because of the convenient location and the hassle free that it provides.

Room Tip: Rooms are regular ones for a good night sleep.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011

We had to catch an early morning flight at the end of vacation and wanted to stay at the airport to increase our chances of making the flight. For this purpose it was perfect. We had a no-frills room with outdated bathroom but it was clean and convenient and served our needs. It's centrally located in the airport and the lobby elevators are steps away from the airport shops. There was a coupon book in the room for hotel guests that offered tons of discounts for the shops and restaurants in the Miami Airport. So if you're planning on shopping there, this is an added bonus.
They have free internet in the lobby (possibly elsewhere?) but I was unable to connect my AT&T service either on WiFi or 3g Network anywhere at the MIA airport. Maybe it's a dead zone.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011

We overnighted here because we had to make an early morning connection and also because our inbound flight was late in arriving, about 11.30pm the night prior. Hence the convenience of staying in a hotel located at the airport was ideal.
In addition, we were able to do our bookings online and although we arrived so late there was no delay in checking us in.
We booked a standard, non-smoking room with king bed. Room was fairly small but very adequate for our needs. Bed was very comfortable, room clean. Coffeemaker, wi-fi,A/C, shampoo,soap,body lotion provided. Adequate lighting, comfortable armchair. Laundry service available.
Noted,however, was able to hear planes landing and taking off at times and the sound of the plumbing in the room above. Other than that was quite happy with the choice and would stay there again given the same circumstances.

Room Tip: Book early
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Austin, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

The good: The location (the hotel is essentially part of the Miami airport's Concourse D) was very handy for getting up in the morning and catching our flight. The rooms are quite soundproofed from outside noise — notably planes taking off — although not so soundproofed from noisy guests in the hallways. The hotel restaurant ("Top of the Port") was surprisingly good, if perhaps a hair overpriced. We were traveling with a group of friends who had children, and the kids loved watching the airplanes from the restaurant. The restaurant staff was also very nice and helpful.

The not-so-good: We got one of the "Queen Rooms," which was exceedingly small. It was so small that we had a hard time figuring out where to put our luggage on the floor (there was no closet or any sort of stand to place luggage on) where we'd still be able to walk around the bed and get to the bathroom. We called down to the desk to ask for a folding luggage rack (figuring we could put one suitcase on top of the rack and slide a smaller one underneath it), but the front desk not only told us the hotel had no luggage racks, they actually seemed puzzled about what a luggage rack even was (a quite bit of the staff doesn't seem to have English as their first language, which is probably a great help for many international travelers staying at this hotel, but it caused some minor, occasional confusion with us).

On the other hand, the friend we were traveling with had a pricier "Standard Room," and it was, in fact, a perfectly standard-sized, well-appointed hotel room with plenty of space. (When they later saw our "Queen" room, they literally burst out in laughter at its tiny size.)

The fairly bad: Checking into the airport proved to be a lot of hassle, since we wanted to unload our rental car at the hotel and check in, then return the rental car. But because of airport security regulations, there's absolutely nowhere to leave a car unattended for even a couple of minutes at the hotel entrance. We were required to return the rental car first, and then schlep back to the hotel, hauling all our luggage, via the rental car shuttle bus. This hotel is totally geared to air travelers; scratch it completely off your list if you're trav eling by car.

Room Tip: A couple should go for a "Standard" room
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
MiaHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Miami International Airport Hotel, responded to this review, June 22, 2011
Dear Austini,
Thank you very much for your comments.
Please take note that we many Room categories. We are installing new 42" flat screen TV's and removing the armoires, which will make the rooms more comfortable.
Regarding your "rental car unloading experience", we would like to advise you that our Bellmen would gladly pick up your luggage curbside and bring it in to the Hotel, giving you the opportunity to return your rental car and come back to check in the Hotel.
We welcome the opportunity to be of service to you again in the near future.
Best regards,
Miami, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2011

I was a little nervous after reading some of the previous reviews. However, we were pleasantly surprised upon check in. The front desk agent told me she was upgrading us. We were on the top floor (room 739 - directly across from the Presidential Suite). The room was modern, clean and very fresh-feeling. It was a King room and was very spacious. We heard absolutely NO noise from the outside; just the normal "hallway sounds" one would hear in any hotel. We didn't hear or see any sounds or sights of ongoing renovation. Perhaps they are finished, or it is on another floor. Since we were only there for one night, to catch an early flight out of MIA, we didn't eat at the restaurant but it looked very nice. It was also on the same floor as our room. Based upon this one-night experience, I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Timbolester,
We are glad you took the time write a review to tell us that you were pleasantly surprised at check in. The quality of service to our guests is very important to us. Our goal is to make every guest leave with a pleasant experience.
Thanks again,
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2011

My connecting flight was cancelled and the airlines issued a voucher for me to stay overnight. The rooms were extremely clean and the staff was very helpful. The next day I left in a hurry to insure that I caught my flight to get home. I left my wedding ring in the room and when I called the hotel to see if it had been turned in I did'nt expect to hear good news. The houskeeper had found my ring and turned it in. It is so nice to know there are still good honest people in this world. God bless her and the wonderful staff. She is truly a saint!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business

Been to Miami International Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!