“Alice Castillo” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #80 of 130 hotels in Miami
Alamogordo, New Mexico
“Alice Castillo”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

We had reservations for the 13th of Feb, as we were leaving to the Bahamas the next day. Room was dirty and smelly. Saw a couple of roaches in the bathroom Our third person declined to stay there and on our return from the Bahamas we had reservations to stay there one night, but none of us wanted to go back so we chose to find another place even though we had already paid for that night. We have stayed at very nice la Quintas before, but this was a dump.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

446 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Polish first
Warrensburg, Missouri, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

The airplanes come in and take off right over the hotel. The roar is very loud inside your room. We also had people above us who were arguing, moving furniture banging on the walls and stomping on the floor. We complained about it three times and they finally sent security to that room and the people said it was just the TV. So they left and the noise continued 5 minutes later. We were tired anyway coming from our cruise, and we could not rest in that hotel. Go somewhere else If you want to rest, it is horribly noisy there.

Room Tip: If no one is noisy above you the ground floor is probably best to muffle the airplane noise
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

Closed to highway access and located between a McDonald and Wendy (both fast food). I saw helpful staff, friendly. Breakfast is very basic. I got a room in front of swimming pool, it was a bit humid inside, it was clean. Nothing special, it is like many hotel basic hotel. Price is also competitive knowing busy and demanding period in March in Miami. I was worried about the noise, but it seems that sleep quality is good and not noisy despite the door of the room facing directly pool and parking.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

My husband and I along with our 3 year old son stayed here for four nights (Feb 2014). Check in was quick. Our room was large and clean, on the second floor. A lot of space to put away all our luggage and stuff out of the way.
Breakfast was simple but ample enough, we can't complain about anything at all especially for the price.
Planes do fly quite low over the building and they are awesome to see so close when standing in the car park! But once inside, yes, you can hear them if you listen out for them, but really with the double glazing and being so tired after long day trips, we didn't notice them at all.
I think maybe some people on here might be reviewing the wrong hotel as there are a few La Quintas on the perimeter of the airport and this one doesn't have a McDonalds next door - but there is a sports bar/restaurant next door called Bennigans where we ate spaghetti on our first night.
Also we didn't notice any damp or musty smells.
Overall we were really pleased with our choice and our stay there.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

Clean room and friendly staff at the front desk,the only problem was that the room door made a loud noise when it was open and closed.,maybe it needs WD 40.i did not report it as I was just staying two days but I am assuming they would have fixed the issue had I reported it.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Central Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

I had an issue with my reservation for a group and called to discuss it several times prior to my arrival. When I called the 1-800 number, the staff at the reservations center were very pleasant and helpful and appeared to solve my problem. However, a group member who arrived first was denied check-in and when I called and spoke to the manager, I was treated very rudely. I arrived at the hotel a few hours later and proceeded to check in (without asking to speak to the manager). During the check-in, the manager came out and began telling me the mistake was my fault. He was very rude and the lobby was full of people, so naturally, I was embarrassed. Due to lack of options, we had to stay in the hotel that night, but I will never stay there again.

The room was adequate. The bathroom was cramped and dingy and the room itself was also very small. The entire hotel had a musty smell. The only plus side was the ample parking and the McDonald's next door where I was able to get coffee very early in the morning before our departure.

I'll be traveling back to Miami next year and will definitely look for a different place to stay.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
LQGS, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn Miami Airport North, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Thanks for taking a moment and sharing your experience with us about your time at our La Quinta Inn Miami - Airport North. We’re sorry about the issues you experienced before and during your stay with our team member. We'll definitely be working with our operations team and sharing your feedback so a similar situation doesn't happen again. We'll also share your feedback about the odor smelled with our Maintenance team so they can work to eradicate it. We appreciate all of your feedback and hope you'll once again choose La Quinta Inns & Suites for a future lodging need.
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

We spent our last night in Miami at this hotel since it was close to the airport and we wouldn't have to deal with the traffice in the morning leaving from Miami Beach. The front desk was very friendly and gave me a cookie for my 5 yr old and then gave me one also when they saw that I was pregnant! (they were packaged!) The beds were actually more comfortable than the extremely expensive beach hotel we had been staying out. The room was clean. They offer 24 hour free airport transfer. There's nothing fancy about it, but I felt comfortable having my 5 yr old there and it was perfect for what we needed.

Room Tip: They don't have elevators, so if stairs are a problem for you, please be sure to request a first...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Been to La Quinta Inn Miami Airport North? Share your experiences!