“Nice stay, very comfortable” 4 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn Miami Airport North
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   7401 North West 36th St, Miami, FL 33166   |
Ranked #79 of 129 Hotels in Miami
London, United Kingdom
“Nice stay, very comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

My husband and I along with our 3 year old son stayed here for four nights (Feb 2014). Check in was quick. Our room was large and clean, on the second floor. A lot of space to put away all our luggage and stuff out of the way.
Breakfast was simple but ample enough, we can't complain about anything at all especially for the price.
Planes do fly quite low over the building and they are awesome to see so close when standing in the car park! But once inside, yes, you can hear them if you listen out for them, but really with the double glazing and being so tired after long day trips, we didn't notice them at all.
I think maybe some people on here might be reviewing the wrong hotel as there are a few La Quintas on the perimeter of the airport and this one doesn't have a McDonalds next door - but there is a sports bar/restaurant next door called Bennigans where we ate spaghetti on our first night.
Also we didn't notice any damp or musty smells.
Overall we were really pleased with our choice and our stay there.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Polish first
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

Clean room and friendly staff at the front desk,the only problem was that the room door made a loud noise when it was open and closed.,maybe it needs WD 40.i did not report it as I was just staying two days but I am assuming they would have fixed the issue had I reported it.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Central Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

I had an issue with my reservation for a group and called to discuss it several times prior to my arrival. When I called the 1-800 number, the staff at the reservations center were very pleasant and helpful and appeared to solve my problem. However, a group member who arrived first was denied check-in and when I called and spoke to the manager, I was treated very rudely. I arrived at the hotel a few hours later and proceeded to check in (without asking to speak to the manager). During the check-in, the manager came out and began telling me the mistake was my fault. He was very rude and the lobby was full of people, so naturally, I was embarrassed. Due to lack of options, we had to stay in the hotel that night, but I will never stay there again.

The room was adequate. The bathroom was cramped and dingy and the room itself was also very small. The entire hotel had a musty smell. The only plus side was the ample parking and the McDonald's next door where I was able to get coffee very early in the morning before our departure.

I'll be traveling back to Miami next year and will definitely look for a different place to stay.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
LQGS, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn Miami Airport North, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Thanks for taking a moment and sharing your experience with us about your time at our La Quinta Inn Miami - Airport North. We’re sorry about the issues you experienced before and during your stay with our team member. We'll definitely be working with our operations team and sharing your feedback so a similar situation doesn't happen again. We'll also share your feedback about the odor smelled with our Maintenance team so they can work to eradicate it. We appreciate all of your feedback and hope you'll once again choose La Quinta Inns & Suites for a future lodging need.
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

We spent our last night in Miami at this hotel since it was close to the airport and we wouldn't have to deal with the traffice in the morning leaving from Miami Beach. The front desk was very friendly and gave me a cookie for my 5 yr old and then gave me one also when they saw that I was pregnant! (they were packaged!) The beds were actually more comfortable than the extremely expensive beach hotel we had been staying out. The room was clean. They offer 24 hour free airport transfer. There's nothing fancy about it, but I felt comfortable having my 5 yr old there and it was perfect for what we needed.

Room Tip: They don't have elevators, so if stairs are a problem for you, please be sure to request a first...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Durango, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

On our trip from Colorado to the Bahamas we stayed overnight. The room smelled of cigarettes and had an ashtray in it. When I called to ask if this was a non-smoking room the front desk informed me that the last person must have smoked and they would not change our room. The room had flying gnats in the main room and more in the bathroom. The closet smelled like something died it there; when I opened the door I gaged. The floor was not vacuumed. I told my kids to grin and bear it. It was the worst hotel experience ever. This is my first and only hotel review online and I am writing so that other people don't go there. I have stayed at many La Quinta's over the years and I am shocked that they would allows this hotel to be associated with their name. On the return trip I cancelled my La Quinta room and booked at a Marriott to be safe. The neighborhood is sketchy too. Do not recommend staying here with children!!!!! Spend $20 more at another location! Over priced dump.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
LQGS, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn Miami Airport North, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Hi Denise, Thanks for sharing your comments about your stay at the La Quinta Inn Miami - Airport North. We're sorry the cleanliness of the hotel, along with the odor issues caused you to choose another hotel on your return trip. We can understand the frustration this must have caused your family, and we'll definitely be working with both our Housekeeping and Maintenance teams to improve these concerns. We'd like to talk with you further about your specific situation and would ask you reach out to us at tripadvisor@laquinta.com. Thanks for all of your comments, and we're hoping to hear from you soon!
Syracuse, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

This hotel offers airport/hotel pickup and drop off every hour which was important to me.
My room had the resent La Quinta upgrades but I had 2 problems - which I think was a fluke
I was cold in my room and turned on the heater - this caused the smoke alarm to become active.
I think the air filter was full and when I tuned on the heat the heated particulates made the alarm go on.
This was annoying and was not able to turn on the heat because didn't want to reactivate the smoke alarm.

I have given the hotel a partial knock down because of this. The front staff and the airport van driver were very professional and helpful - but were unable to help me with the heat/smoke alarm issue.
I think I may give the hotel a second chance...

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

Been to La Quinta Inn Miami Airport North? Share your experiences!