“I am a loyal customer of this Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn Miami Airport North
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   7401 North West 36th St, Miami, FL 33166   |
Ranked #80 of 131 hotels in Miami
South America
“I am a loyal customer of this Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Recommended for novice travelers to Miami. Location, near Palmetto Expressway. Close to Miami International Airport, You would never get lost to the hotel, Plenty of road signs to airport.
Clean room with free Wi-fi, free shuttle to and from the airport. Many restaurants and fast food within walking distance.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

517 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Polish first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

I booked this hotel months in advance of our cruise. I was initially booked at another LQ but had been told I needed to switch to this location when i notified them that my daughter decided to join us and we needed a roll away. I again made this known months in advance and they assured me that all 5 of us would be accommodated and a roll away bed was guaranteed. These arrangements were made through the reservation line and I was also told we would be shuttled to the port for $30.00 for our group and have 7 days free parking. I called weeks before our arrival to see if we could get return shuttle service and confirmed our price with this hotel directly. I was told that the shuttle to the port was not as the reservation line told me but instead was $10.00 per person. The man I spoke with was not friendly at all.

When our family arrived to this location after driving down for 2 days we were turned away because we had 5 people despite the fact that I made the reservation for 5 with a roll away. The lady at the front desk was rude & coldly said they don't guarantee you will get a roll away and we couldn't be accommodated. So my husband, our 3 kids & I were in Miami with no place to stay. Not knowing the area we started calling hotels and were having no luck finding a room for 5. Thankfully we found a hotel.

My impression of this particular location was not too good but it would have made due if they would have honored the reservation I had made with them. After the way the reservation line misled me, even after I notified them of the 5th person and they transferred me to this location based on that, the misrepresentation of the shuttle cost, the rude staff at the desk and how they nearly turned my vacation into a disaster and would have if I hadn't found another hotel I will never stay at a La Quinta again.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

We stayed at the La Quinta Inn Miami Airport North for one night. It was a fair place to stay, but had some silly flaws. Our toilet seat was cracked. Never had seen that before at a hotel! Another small "gripe" was the continental breakfast arrangement. The eating area was very small and people were EVERYWHERE! We looked like cattle trying to get our last meal in life! The staff was friendly, though.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

Stayed 4 nights end of November. Room in the rear building facing the back...thought it would be quiet but it was just the opposite, every night between 4 and 5 am a dumpster passes waking all patrons. No desk in the room to sit and work. Breakfast is supposed to be included but it's a joke. Good thing a Denny's is just next door. Will go to the Hilton suites opposite next time.

• Stayed November 2012
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Very good value for the money and close to ammenities. Service was good for the most part. I would recommend this Inn while staying in Miami. Close to the airport and free shuttle is offered. Morning continental breakfast is offered included with the price of the room.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Once again, we stayed at this hotel and as always were so impressed by the great service, friendly, helpful employee, and overall facilities. Shuttle pick-up from MIA was prompt, drop-off early next morning on time. Clean rooms, comfortable bed. Convenient location with lots of eating choices next door.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Port Orange, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Friendly helpful staff and clean room pool, and all common areas. Great little hot free breakfast. Each staff member was willing to assist in our stay. Thanks crew. Would definetly return. Looks kid friendly as we saw many children in the pool area but at night the jacuzzi hit the spot after walking the beach all day.

Room Tip: Top floor is for smoking.