“Awesome stay!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #51 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Lansing, Illinois
“Awesome stay!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This hotel is in an all accommodating area restaurants, hotels and stores line the streets. The hotel itself was immaculate, the beds were extremely comfortable and worth every dime spent. The staff was exceptional and very ready, willing and able to accommodate your every need. I give high fives to the hotel driver and Day the hotel clerk for making my stay so very pleasant!!!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Port of Spain, Trinidad
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

As usual we chose this hotel based on tripadvisor n I have to say it was pleasant. They paid us back for our taxi fare from the airport. They have two shuttles but from my eleven days there we never saw anyone arrive from the airport n them.
Ok ....so when we got there the room was clean n smelled good the sheets were clean (we checked). The breakfast is basically the same thing everyday n we never saw any pancakes ( even though they said they did pancakes everyday) until the morning that we were leaving but that's was ok I hate pancakes anyway. Or maybe we didn't get there early enough to get any..
I wish to suggest a shuttle service at least in a five miles radius, seeing as it appeared to us that one shuttle was parked n never used.
Anyway after complaining to my husband that we have been sleeping on the same sheets since we arrived ( he kept hoping when the cleaned the room that they would have changed the sheets ) he finally spoke to the front desk n they changed them after five days.
Today I wished they never did. I awoke n the morning to red small dots along my both legs, on my chest, n arms, n under my breast . My husband only had a few on his chest .
I totally freaked out...I didn't know whether they were allergies or insects bites, so I spent our anniversary very sad because I was red spotted all over. My husband tried to cheer me up but my vacation was ruined.
I got back home n went straight to my doctor only to be told that it was allergies to what was used to wash the sheets.
At present I am on Betnovate 0.1% that I have to rub all over..it's working as I see a noticeable decreased redness in the spots
All n all it was a pleasant stay but could have been better without the spots. I just want to say thanks to the front desk n the cab drivers( that took us around n over charged us) this is where the shuttle would have been helpful.
Suggestion: a bar or restaurant n the hotel .

Room Tip: Choose a room from the second floor up as the drapes don't close.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
HIExpressDoral, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Doral, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Denise M,

We thank you for your feedback of your recent Miami stay with us and are glad to hear your comments as our goal is to provide our guest with the best service possible. Our shuttle service is complimentary to and from the Miami International Airport and it is an ON CALL pick up service between 6am-11pm. We also have transportation within 2 miles of the hotel if and when the shuttle is available without any pick up or drop off to the airport as we usually only have one driver per shift. I apologize for not serving pancakes throughout your stay and not sure if your stay was during the time our pancake machine was in the process of being replaced due to a faulty part. I would also like to thank you for bringing to my attention the issues you had with the sheets. I definitely would like to get further details in regards top the room number so that I can dig further into why your sheets weren't changed throughout your stay. Please contact me at Kenneth.cardona@baywoodhotels.com or by calling the hotel at 305-592-4799. Once again thank you for your feedback and I look forward to hearing from you. I apologize to your husband and yourself for this inconvenience you had through the remainder of your vacation and I look forward to making it right next time around Miami.

Sincerely

Kenneth C.
Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Convenient airport proximity location. Dated interior decoration, corridors and rooms had a strong smell of a disinfectant or other chemicals... Convenient for overnight-stay before flying out of MIA - inexpensive car parking. Relatively expensive stay-and-park arrangements, but friendly and helpful staff - they paid for taxi back to hotel when their airport shuttle got stuck in 5 pm traffic....

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear Adi_Teu,
First and foremost thank you for choosing our property for your recent Miami visit and taking advantage of one of our many packages. Not sure which package you booked but our most popular are the Park Sleep Fly package which includes complimentary parking for up to 14 days. We also have our sail away package which includes ONE way transportation to the Port Of Miami and also parking for up to 14 days. Although each package varies in pricing based on dates we see how the price can be expensive for some guest. In regards to the room odors I will look into the chemicals we currently using to getter a lighter scent. We are also pleased to know that our friendly staff went the extra mile and that they paid for your taxi to come to our property rather than wait for us during rush hour traffic. once again we thank you for your feedback and choosing our location for your Miami visit.
Salvador, BA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

On day 2, after being out for a couple of hours, we found our room clean but smelling like an ashtray. They moved us to a different room, but we don't know how that happened. Then, on the day before our departure, we went out at 6am and returned at 10pm and the room where my husband and I were, was not clean. My mom's room had been superficially cleaned, not vacuumed and the clothes tags were still on the carpet. The high point is the friendly staff, but not enough to make me wanna stay there again.

Stayed August 2014
HIExpressDoral, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Doral, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Dear LBACELAR,

I would like to thank you for sharing this negative experience with me and the Tripadvisor nation. Its unfortunate that this wasn't brought to my attention during your visit so that I had the chance to make it right. I take all comments,feedback,suggestions,compliments very serious and to the heart because of the passion I have for my job. Unfortunately, in negative comments as the ones mentioned above i take those failures and find ways to improve this inconvenience and try to better it with my department heads. In this particular experienced you have I will definitely take full ownership in assuring this doesn't happen again. I would love to hear more about your case if possible and find a way to apologize to you for this experience. This is something that I would never want to experience personally and don't find it right that our guest had to go thru it. Once again I thank you for your feedback and I assure you this will be taken care of. I look forward to hearing from you and hopefully get a second chance on changing your opinion about our hotel and the IHG brand.

Best Regards,

Council Bluffs, Iowa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

stayed here one night in april 2014 was given a main floor room with a view of the utilities, drapes would not close, so had to figure a way around being exposed & closing them, wake up in the morning with four spider bites, was worried for part of my vacation as the arm swelled, the people we were traveling with stayed in a cheaper motel and had a good experience, this has taught us to check things out better.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
HIExpressDoral, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Doral, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Dear aroundtheworldnh,
First and foremost we thank you for your feedback and sincerely apologize for the experience you encountered at our property. Our hotel has no previous history or incidents for spider bites. I would like to get more information on this incident since it wasn't brought to my attention. Maybe after gathering information from your previous stay I can track for any pest related issues. I can say that in Miami its currently mosquito season which may lead to a possible alternative for your bites as well as ants because of rainy days.Based on the room view description I can think of possible rooms that you stayed at and again I would like to dig further into this. Please feel free to contact me at Kenneth.Cardona@baywoodhotels.com. I appreciate you bringing it our attention once again and I must say that we take all positive and negative feedback into serious consideration. Feedback from our guest is what helps improve our service and product to assure all guest are comfortable and satisfied. please contact me so that I can make your experience with us a positive one.

Kenneth Cardona
Lousia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the hotel for two weeks. Wonderful and friendly staff . Young lady Day at front desk was friendly and pleasant. Beatriz was the best part of my day.She greeted me with a pleasant hug and a smile every morning an always asked if I needed anything. I would stay there again it was very clean, smelled great.

HIExpressDoral, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Doral, responded to this review, July 19, 2014
St060171,

On behalf of Day and Beatriz I thank you for the kind words and for your long extended stay with us. Two weeks seems like a long time when your away from home but I'm glad to know that both Day and Beatriz stood out throughout your stay.Both associates as well as the remainder of the staff strive to give our guest a home like feeling. That's why it didn't surprise me to know that Beatriz went above and beyond during the breakfast. The breakfast area is her home and everyone that comes to her home gets treated like family. I would take your words and hold them against you if you don't return to give Beatriz another hug. Just kidding...as long as you swing by to you hi on your next Miami visit we will be pleased.

Bronx
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Stayed at this hotel for a few nights while in Miami . The hotel is centrally located in Doral - very easy to get to . There were plenty of options for food ( we had a rental car) but hotel provided daily breakfast which was a plus if you wake up early. There was plenty of parking which was free and the pool area was well maintained and clean despite the small size. Staff was courteous and attentive. The room was basic but clean . Housekeeping came daily and brought fresh towels etc. The hotel has a small gym and laundry room . Only downfall was that there was only a small blanket - no extra blankets or quilts were provided . For the price I would say it's a good value .

Stayed July 2014
Dear healinghart,
On behalf of all our staff and myself we thank you for your kind words. We are pleased to hear about your overall experience as we strive to give our guest their moneys worth. Based on your comments I'm glad to know that you were able to take advantage of our complimentary amenities. We glad you were able to enjoy a kickstart to your day with our new relaunched breakfast and maybe end the night by the outdoor pool just watching the stars and planes pass by. I also hope you enjoyed our nearby restaurants and that they exceeded your expectations. It was very unfortunate to hear about the extra blanket and I will address this inconvenience you experienced with my department heads to assure this doesn't happen to another guest such as your self. That's why we welcome all sorts of feedback because it allows us to improve both good and bad. We look forward to seeing you in your next adventure by Miami and I will assure we have an extra blanket in reserve for you.

Kenneth

Been to Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Doral? Share your experiences!