“Great And clean hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #47 of 130 hotels in Miami
“Great And clean hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

Very nice And clean hotel. Excellent breakfast. Free parking. Near Dolphin Mall And Mall de las Americas. There is à farmer Market on Sundays where you can buy Batidos en delicious empanadas. I would stay at this hotel again. Close to Miami Beach!

• Stayed May 2014
HIExpressDoral, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Doral, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Neyca Y,

We thank you for your feedback and glad to know your enjoyed your stay with us. I'm also happy to know that you took advantage of the Sunday Farmers Market at Mall of the Americas. You were able to experience some delicious Miami style shakes and empanadas. Although we aren't the first choice for guest looking to stay in the Miami Beach area I can say your right when it comes to us not being super far from there. In the end it looks like you got a win win situation staying in Doral. You go to do shopping and sightseeing. Best of both worlds. See you soon.

Kind regards,

356 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

Flight to Europe out of Miami was cancelled because of storms and we - along with hundreds of other travelers - were stuck at 10:30PM all trying to find hotels. From the airport kiosk I contacted IHG and was able to obtain a room at this Holiday Inn. We were told a shuttle from airport was available but subsequently discovered the shuttle had stopped running for the night. However, the night manager - Alex - said just grab a cab and bring him the receipt and he'd take care of it. We were given a lovely little suite, very clean and comfy. Alex even provided emergency toiletries since we had no luggage. (It was pandemonium at the airport and finding luggage was impossible.) The next morning the hotel offered a very nice breakfast - with a nice selection of both hot and cold items. The staff in the restaurant were very pleasant and cheerful. This hotel offered a most pleasant stay and a bit of peace and calm after the disaster of the airport. The hotel is only 5-10 minutes from the airport and we would definitely recommend it, particularly for travelers in/out of Miami airport.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Silverwings928,

On behalf of Alex and myself we thank you for choosing our property for your cancelled flight. We are glad that we made your stay as enjoyable and comfortable as possible due to the circumstances you were encountering due to your cancelled flight. Our team strives to make every guest feel at home and valued throughout their stay with us. We eat, think, and sleep service and knowing Alex works the hardest shift (graveyard like most call it) of 11pm-7am and was able to turn your night around. We look forward to your opportunity on your next leisure visit to Miami.

Sao Paulo, SP
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

I stayed there in Feb, 2014, overnight after a flight from Mexico City. I arrived at the hotel at 2:00 am, the staff in reception was OK, but some delay since the reservation was in my wife name using her points. The bedroom non smoking was not very clean and seemed to be a Rommel smoking room or somebody else has smoked there. I did not have time to ask for another bedroom, unfortunately. Not familiar with the hotels in Miami area and in addition to this was Valentines day, but hotels are expensive compared to other Us areas and this particular property does not has the same standard of others Holiday Inn I were.

Room Tip: Only worthily if you need to be closer to airport
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
HIExpressDoral, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Doral, responded to this review, June 7, 2014
Dear Cesar_r_silva,
On behalf of the staff and myself I would like to give you my sincere apologies for your experience. Our goal is to provide each guest a memorable experience which they can be proud to say came from our property and we are sorry to hear that we fell short on meeting that goal with you. On the bright side I do thank you for sharing this with us and the Tripadvisor nation as it will allow me to fix those minor issues. I will look into the odors and eliminate them to the best of my abilities. I hope you give us another opportunity to WOW you during your next Miami visit. Feel free to contact me directly so that we can set this up for you.Thank you once again for sharing your thoughts with us.

Kind Regards,

Bridgetown, Barbados
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

I stayed there in mid-May with my mother. From the initial call when I booked the room, I knew it was the right choice. I spoke to Avril and Julie and they were both friendly and very helpful in arranging our reservation. Our stay was wonderful, we stayed for over a week. Avril, Day, Lauri, Claudia, Julie and Suruj were all exemplary in their customer service. Our room was adequate and clean and the housekeeping staff did a good job at keeping it that way. Breakfast was included, although a little more variety in that area should be considered. The hotel also offered free wifi and was close to shopping malls and restaurants. Carinos, an Italian restaurant nearby, was really good for dining. I will definitely be staying at the hotel again when I visit the area.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear Windchaser108,
On behalf of the whole staff we here at the Holiday Inn Express Miami Doral thank you for sharing your feedback and experience with the Tripadvisor Nation. We are glad to know we made your stay memorable and enjoyable. Customer Service is key in our business and we are glad to know that we are in the right path in delivering it. In regards to the breakfast we have voiced our opinion and feedback to our brand and can say that we are launching a healthier breakfast now in June that will give our guest a variety of options. Come again soon so tat you may try our new breakfast.

Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

The hotel is located close to Dolphin Mall, to the airport, and next to several restaurants. The sports bars just left of the hotel was fab. Good food, great prices. The bed was very comfortable and the room clean and quiet. Free wi-fi and a nice breakfast included. The staff were great. If you are coming from the airport, call the hotel to arrange shuttle pick up when you arrive. As we did not have a cell phone we asked a very nice traveler to call for us as we could not locate a pay phone.

NOTE: as these shuttle pick up areas are always so busy, inform the hotel to tell the driver you are holding up an umbrella or something that he can easily spot. Otherwise you are just an unknown face in a sea of people. Most shuttles are marked with the hotel name and you can flag it down, but some are not .

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Dear mishka6008,
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our property and were able to take advantage of some amenities as well as the area. The sports bar (Carolina Ale House) is a new face in our neighborhood as this area is growing as each day goes by. We have other dining locations opening soon since we also soon to be named the downtown doral. I also want to congratulate you in describing the way the shuttle service works as you are right on in detail with it. Yes with our airport (MIA) being so BIG it's always important to stand out than the rest. Specially with our shuttles since we have multiple shuttles from other Holiday Inn Express properties. Anyways, we thank you for taking the time to share your experience and your suggestions. We look forward to seeing you on your next Miami adventure.

Kind regards,

Sao Paulo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

This was certainly the best choice for our trip! The hotel is extremelly well located in Doral Miami. Close to Dolphin Mall, to the airport, and next to several restaurants and stores. The room was perfectly clean, confortable and quiet. Excellent and relaxing bath. Excellent price, and includes everything we needed with NO EXTRA FEES! Breakfast included, Free Wireless, Free parking. All the staff were amazingly friendly, not only at the recepction but at all times. Avril, Beatrice, housekeeping and reception staff, they were the best! This is the perfect choice as the best Cost-Benefit in the region!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear JeriLover,

We appreciate you kind comments and glad to hear you had a comfortable stay with us.I'm also pleased to know that our overall staff such as Avril & Beatriz made your stay even more memorable. We always strive to focus on service and make each guest feel at home. I definitely look forward to meeting you next time you come to Miami and stay with us. You will also see that Doral keeps changing for the better as we are growing each day. Thank You,

Key West, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

The housekeeping staff was awesome! Beatrice was great!!! The entire staff was helpful. I was there a week on business and my mother went along. The housekeeping (Beatrice) even have my mother a rose in a vase with a card attached saying, You are a great mom, that really warmed my heart. Living in the Keys I travel to Miami often, I will be staying at this hotel again!!!

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Beverly B,

First and foremost I'm glad to here that you will return to our property next time you return to Miami and based on your comments I'm sure its soon. I would like for you to contact me on you next visit so that I can meet you in person. Beatriz is one of a kind and with our guest her motto is "the sky is the limit". We all strive to provide a comfortable stay to all our guest so that we can be remembered forever. I do thank you for sharing your feedback and hope to here from you soon. Say hi to your mother for me and tell let her know I have a rose waiting for her when she returns.

Kenneth

Been to Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Doral? Share your experiences!