“Great Stay Pre-Cruise” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #48 of 129 hotels in Miami
LOL, FL
“Great Stay Pre-Cruise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

We once again stayed here the night before cruising from Port of Miami. Nice room, good breakfast, flat screen tv, but best of all, great staff, especially Claudia, the Manager. Our good rate included 11 nights' free parking while we cruised.

Also within walking distance to 2 restaurants which is a great way to avoid Miami traffic.

Shuttle to airport cost just $12 per person. Cabfare is $40.

We definitely will be back!

Room Tip: Higher floors have less street noise
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
HIExpressDoral, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Doral, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
We are delighted that you found your stay with us convenient to your needs.
And we hope you had a wonderful experience on your cruise. Our port of miami shuttle is very handy for the abundance of cruisers that stay with us year round and for $12 its definitely a bargain.
We hope to see you soon for your next get away !

344 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Cancun, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

I stayed here last weekend for a couple nights. The hotel is OK, nothing spectacular, but I found everything I needed, just a quiet, clean and nice place to sleep, . I was in Room 300, which looked to be a hándicap room, it was very spacious, even with a living room. There were 2 Flat Screens in the Room, which surprised me.
The bathroom was big enough, I guess for people that use wheelchairs.
The room was clean, and everyhting worked perfectly.
The Cafeteria was OK, don't expect a big buffet, but you can have a nice breakfast with delicious omeletes, fruit, cereal, coffee, yogurth and juice.
The Internet connection was perfect.
If you visit Miami for a couple days, and if you are looking for an economic hotel located close to the airport, I recommend this property.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

We stayed here for one night before an early flight.The staff alone would convince me to stay here again.First,the shuttle driver,Beatriz, is an extremely kind and hard-working lady.She was nice to everyone she encountered.A real gem.The room was clean and comfortable.The breakfast was well stocked and quite busy.This hotel runs like a well-oiled machine.As Plat's ,we were treated to a welcome drink and a snack each.Pool area was small but inviting.A solid choice for a pre/post flight stay!

La Quinta, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

If you need a room for sleeping this a easy and convenient place to stay no frills but easy they pic just up 24/7 and will also drop u at airport saves money and time. They also included breakfast which was a nice treat and very convenient and a money saving treat

Venice, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

I haven't stayed at this hotel yet me and my husband are celebrating our 51st anniversary on a 12 day cruise and we only drove down to drop off our car and get a ride to the airport. Upon arrival at the desk was Julie and James. James was wrapping up to go home and Julie was on the other computer helping out a gentleman and at the same time she was on the phone. You could tell she was doing a lot but she seemed so at ease. James greeted us but he made no notion to check us in. A few seconds later came a young lady to interrupt Julie she seemed to need something from her but she noticed she was busy and unlike James she jumped in and helped Julie by getting on the other computer and attending us. We clarified that we were not checking in we were going on a cruise and leaving our car for a future reservation. I don't remember this young lady's name but she had an accent and she was very delightful she asked us about our travels and was very cheerful. After helping us with our car paperwork she turned to James who was counting money and told him there is a shuttle at 2 which was me and my husband; his response was snappy and mean "I'm leaving that's not my problem ask Julie" Julie was still on the phone helping the gentleman but she was very aware of everything that was going on and motioned to the young lady that she would go to the airport and motioned to me to just give her 5 minutes. Me and my husband sat down in what seems to be the breakfast area and patiently waited for Julie. When Julie got off the phone she turned to James and the young lady and asked where was the 2oclock driver and if someone had called them James responded "I don't baby sit anyone I've already called her twice" he got his keys from a drawer and left. Julie's expression was still calm and unaffected by James behavior. She proceeded by telling the other young lady to please cover the desk and grabbed the keys and her wallet and very charmingly smiled at us from the desk and said I'm ready when you are ! She came around and while passing the elevator two gentleman got off and Julie greeted one of them by last name they made a funny remark and she laughed and waved while she came to help me and my husband with our luggage. While we were on the shuttle Julie asked us about where we were traveling, she was melted at the fact we were celebrating our 51st anniversary, she asked about our families, and we spoke about our kids. She told us about her brothers and we learned she was an only girl of 5, she's multicultural, she used to play the piano and she's lived in Miami her whole life. We spoke to her about our life in Washington our neighbors we spoke to her about our whole lives in 15 minutes. Even my husband who is rather shy and never really has much to say was chuckling while conversing with her. When she parked the shuttle at the terminal she got off the van brought down our luggage and wished us a happy trip she refused our tip money and said "oh no please ! I rather you bring me a cheesy keychain when you come back from your cruise." Her smile always bright and genuine while she said goodbye.

With all of that being said my point in this email is not to review the excellent service I received. Because that would be an under statement but to say thank you to the young girl who spoke to me and my husband like she was our best friend and not just regular guests getting on her shuttle. I myself was the general manager of a comfort inn located in Washington for 13 years. Me and my husband are both retired now and our kids are grown therefore we now spend our time together traveling and this is the 43rd hotel I've stayed at. I never write reviews because let's be frank none of us take the time to write them and I know this isn't going to get her a raise or a promotion or maybe it'll get over looked and she'll never even see it. The point is that it's not about how the breakfast tastes and how clean the room was it's about how you deliver it.

Miami Lakes, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

I want to thank the staff and management at Holiday Inn Express for their exceptional service and support of the local community!

Beatriz has gone above and beyond our expectation to help those less fortunate, and for that we are very greatful!

Thank you, Beatriz!

From the folks at Palm Breeze

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Greece, New York, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

The hotel was great! Excellent breakfast included which is important but it is not near the airport. We (family of 4) arrived close to midnight. We chose this hotel because it had a free shuttle from airport. Failed to be told the shuttle ends at 10pm. It was a $30 cab ride. An expense we didn't plan on as we thought it was going to be near the airport. We were overly frustrated when we passed another holiday inn express on the way from the airport to our holiday inn express labled Airport.

Room was fine and shuttle back to airport in the morning was great. Again main complaint is that it is NOT near the airport and the shuttle should be for aslong as travelers are arriving. We would have had no problem scheduling this service.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Doral, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Dear Christina S,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I am pleased to know that you had a satisfactory stay at our hotel and appreciate you compliments about our hotel being excellent. I appreciate feedback that we receive, whether positive and negative to ensure we provide the best level of service and facilities that we can give to our guests. Thank you again for your review and I hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Doral? Share your experiences!