“nice predictable room when you need to be near the airport” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #49 of 111 Hotels in Miami
New York
“nice predictable room when you need to be near the airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Did the job when our flight arrived in Miami late at night and we didn't feel like driving to the Keys until the next morning. AC worked really well in the stifling Miami heat. Checkout was super fast, as the "express" implies.

Room Tip: We ended up being assigned the wheelchair-accessible room, which had a couple minor quirks if you do...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
HIExpressDoral, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Doral, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
We are glad you took the time to share your experience with other regarding your recent stay in Miami.We also hope you had a great time in the Keys. We always strive to prove the best room and service in the industry and we are glad we meet your expectations. We hope to see you again for your next Miami visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Aberdeen
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

The good.......
Excellent check in, rooms next to each other.
Rooms very good size and comfortable bed.
Holiday Inn with its own pool, gym, laundry and ice machine.
Free parking.

The bad................
Very noisy air con in our room, difficult to sleep with it on and too hot with it off.
Broken shower curtain rail in one room so curtain moved into the middle when showering soaking the bathroom.
Noisy guests allowed in the pool very late.
Inflexible check out - requested late check out as our plane was not due to leave until 9pm. Was told we would have to pay an extra night ( showing our room was free) but then told in the next breath hotel was full so we could not keep the room later ???

Room Tip: Do not have poolside view if guests are to be allowed in the pool very late
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Doral, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dear WAEAberdeen,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate tour nice comment regarding room size and bed.

However, We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the air conditioning, shower curtain and noise during your stay. We will address these points. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Chesapeake, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

My wife and I wasted too much time trying to find an affordable hotel in Miami, only to be met time and time again with low base prices that ballooned with hefty parking charges or added fees. We ultimately settled on this hotel and were pleased with our choice. It was affordable, service was friendly (especially the ladies serving breakfast, which was a solid meal by the way), room was clean and comfortable, and again parking was free. To sum it up, for what I consider a safe hotel bet at the lowest rate without risking a dive, this was a great choice. Downtown and airport conveniently close.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
HIExpressDoral, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Doral, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
It was our pleasure having you at our property for your overnight stay. We are glad to know that the hotel met your expectations. We also thank you for taking the time to review our property as this is now the new way guest are choosing their rooms. Thank you once again and we look forward to seeing you all again on your next Miami visit.
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

Free parking is a big deal in Miami area, also nice continental breakfast with many options. After reading some of the reviews here I was like.. Ahhh where I'm heading!!! Pig hole? But this place is not like I read in some of the reviews here. I had a nice welcome at check in, clean elevators and my room 217 was very clean, good amenities (bath n body soap and shampoo) no lotions. They have pool but I have one in my house so I don't care how is it. Very clean and comfortable bed.. Very quiet AC unit and friendly maid staff. They also have gym, computer, and washer n dryer. I rest and enjoy my time there. Very quiet place.

• Stayed May 2013
First and foremost I want to thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your stay. We are delighted to read your positive comments. We are glad to know that the hotel exceeded the expectations. All reviews are treated seriously whether good or bad and we read them all. We did read those reviews inn which you were referring to. Once again, thank you for your feedback and I hope you do choose to give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations in the future.
Woodhaven, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

We used hotel for a one night stay b4 our cruise & 1 night after our cruise. The staff is kind and personable & Qmade our stay wonderful. We didn't have to worry about anything. They were very helpful. Not only were we picked up from airport upon our arrival to Miami, but they made arrangements for us to get to the Port of Miami the following morning at a reasonable rate. We want to thank Flo, James, Beatriz, Marvin & Lauriebert for making our stay the greatest. They went out of there way to make us welcome and very comfortable. The hotel is clean, neat & up to date and the rooms are large and spacious. Whenever we go to Miami, that's where we'll be staying for sure. Thanks for everything! Todd & Lori Burse

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your stay. We are delighted to read your positive comments regarding the service delivered by our staff. All those mentioned in this review will be acknowledge and recognized by our company. We are glad to know that we are in the right path of customer service satisfaction.Again, thank you for your feedback and I hope you do choose to give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations in the future.
Grassy Key, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

I stayed here just one night while attending a meeting on Miami Beach. I wanted a location that got me out to the beach quickly, but not Miami Beach priced. This is a great find. The front desk staff are very courteous and helpful. They greeted me as I came through the door. Check in was a breeze. The room was clean and stocked well. I like the mini fridge which was in my room, and it worked well. I asked for directions to a local restaurant for dinner. They directed me to a great Italian eatery down the road. I had to leave before breakfast so I missed out on that. I didn't use the pool, but the water was clear and the area well maintained. I will stay here again when I need accomadation in the area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
HIExpressDoral, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Doral, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
As always i would like to thank you for taking the time to share with the world your experience of our property. I'm glad to know that we made your stay pleasant and we know we are in the right road when it comes down to providing great customer service. We hope to see you again and assisting you in your next Miami adventure.
Durham, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I was sent here when AA's computers went all Skynet on them. Actually, I was sent to another hotel, which was full, and then referred to the Holiday Inn Express Doral. I paid for my room because waiting in line for another 3 hours for a different hotel voucher seemed out of the question. Three hours of my life is definitely worth $60.00.

The lobby and lounge are nice enough, but nothing spectacular. However, I was very pleasantly surprised by the room - it was extremely nice, especially for this price-point. Everything seemed relatively new. The bed were comfortable, and the sheets weren't the usual tarp-like industrial fare you expect in a mid-range hotel. The TV didn't work well - it was intermittently pixellated, and there was no inclement weather, but other than that the room was boss. Parking was free - the lot was full, but I was happy to see a full-time parking lot attendant watching over the cars (though she was so intent in her phone conversation, I was fairly sure I could have picked her pocket without her knowing). I parked illegally, but the car was still there in the morning.

Desk staff was great - it was late, they were very busy (due to the aforementioned airline debacle and also because a large group of missionaries were checking in upon their return from Haiti), but they were efficient and unfailingly polite.

The hotel is off a busy street in Doral. I'm not sure there's much to do around there, but an ale house type place is within walking distance and there are a number of restaurants a short drive away.

Overall, I came into this hotel in a bad mood with low expectations, and everything was pretty great. So huzzah for this little Holiday Inn Express - great hotel with an excellent staff.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Jonathan,
Thank you for taking the time to write to the world about your experience at our property. We are grateful to all guest for doing that and whether they are good or bad I take them and review them with our staff. We then see what are our strengths and weaknesses and improve them for the future guest that will be staying with us. We look forward to seeing you again next time you visit Miami.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Doral? Share your experiences!