We stayed at this location on Feb 3 and on Feb 8-10. We had picked this hotel because of a free shuttle from / to airport. When we arrived at the airport we had to call the hotel and then the shuttle would pick us up. This worked out fine. The only negative is that the shuttle doesn't run 24 hours so we had to take a taxi to the airport since we had to be there by 5 am.
Room: the room is spacious. Nothing special. Our room was clean. The only thing we noticed is that one of the table lamps did not have a bulb in. Check in was fast. On Feb 8 we returned from a cruise and arrived at the hotel early. They had a room available and allowed us to check in and since our flight was cancelled for the next day they were able to extend our reservation.
Staff: The staff at the registration desk during the day were friendly and helpful. Fay, gave us ideas what to do since we were stranded for an extra day. She directed us to the bus stops and told us how to get to the Dolphin mall. We had noticed that there were day trips available, with hotel pickups, and she found out information and arranged for us to go on one. She even arranged for us to get a breakfast to go- cereal, milk and a breakfast bar. The one complaint I have is the young man that was working the desk at 5am on Feb 9th. We had been waiting for over a half hour for a bus to pick us up for the tour. When he was asked about checking with the company about where the bus was it seemed as if it was a bother to help us. He was not friendly and seemed that we were an inconvience to him.
Location: The hotel is close to the airport and that is about it. It is located in a business district so there are not many restaurants within easy walking distance. There is a Carino's about a 5 minute walk that is very good. Other resteraunts are more like a 15 minute walk minimum so if you don't have a car it is very limited on where you can go.
Breakfast: average contential breakfast.
The biggest complaint that I have and it is not the fault of the hotel is about the Super tours that they work with. The tour was misrepresented to us but I believe that was the fault of the tour company. Do not book a tour through the hotel with this tour company.
I think that if we went back to Miami I would consider spending more for a room and staying in an area that had more restaurants and things to do.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Doral Area Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Doral Area Hotel Miami
- Holiday Inn Express Miami
- Miami Holiday Inn Express
- Miami Clarion
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Miami Doral is now open. The Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Doral is a homey, boutique property, conveniently located just minutes from Miami International Airport and the Port of Miami. Other notable attractions nearby include the Miami Children's Museum, Dolphin Stadium and the Doral Golf Resort & Spa. Both Parrot Jungle Island theme park and the Miami Seaquarium provide fun and entertainment for the entire family. World-renowned South Beach offers more than just white, sandy beaches. The area boasts colorful art-deco buildings, lively nightclubs, outdoor cafÃ©s, and countless people and vehicles cruising along Ocean Drive. The nearby neighborhood of Coconut Grove boasts an abundance of culture, arts, entertainment, unique shops and a variety of great dining options. Miami International Mall and Dolphin Mall offer fabulous shopping opportunities in the area. South Beach, Miami and the surrounding vicinity are home to a diverse selection of restaurants and cocktail lounges, including several near the hotel. During your stay, enjoy a robust, free Express Start breakfast bar with signature cinnamon rolls, eggs and bacon! This Miami, FL hotel offers packages that include daily transfers to the Port of Miami. Please contact the hotel directly to arrange all transportation services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Doral Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.