The wife and I stayed here after a Caribbean cruise in February 2012 that docked on Saturday, but we wanted to spend the afternoon at the beach before heading home the next morning. The property was in good shape, the room nicely made-up and smelled clean. However, this property was not near much other than the airport and chain restaurants.
Checking in was a breeze, as seems to have become the standard when I travel (only very rarely do I have issues checking in nowadays). The gentleman at the front desk was courteous, pointed out the amenities available and helped with dinner recommendations.
As stated above, the room was neat and organized. We had a simple room, which was all we needed since we were in it for less than 10 hours. Clean and simple - no complaints.
We did not use the pool, but walked through the pool area and it seemed very nice for a Holiday Inn (usually you'd expect to see a simple rectangular pool, but this one had a unique shape and plenty of tables and chairs around for lounging and watching your kids play).
This is my one complaint. The area of Doral is on the northwest corner of Miami, with the airport to the south and the Everglades to the west. We wanted to have some local food while we were in Miami (no chain restaurants), but after asking the front desk staff and driving around the Doral area for over an hour looking for something unique, we settled on Red Lobster (exactly what we didn't want). Don't get me wrong - there are plenty of food options around, but they were all chains.
If you're looking for a quick overnight stay near the airport and are not looking for local cuisine, look no further. This Holiday Inn will meet your needs just fine!
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Doral Area Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Doral Area Hotel Miami
- Holiday Inn Express Miami
- Miami Holiday Inn Express
- Miami Clarion
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Miami Doral is now open. The Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Doral is a homey, boutique property, conveniently located just minutes from Miami International Airport and the Port of Miami. Other notable attractions nearby include the Miami Children's Museum, Dolphin Stadium and the Doral Golf Resort & Spa. Both Parrot Jungle Island theme park and the Miami Seaquarium provide fun and entertainment for the entire family. World-renowned South Beach offers more than just white, sandy beaches. The area boasts colorful art-deco buildings, lively nightclubs, outdoor cafÃ©s, and countless people and vehicles cruising along Ocean Drive. The nearby neighborhood of Coconut Grove boasts an abundance of culture, arts, entertainment, unique shops and a variety of great dining options. Miami International Mall and Dolphin Mall offer fabulous shopping opportunities in the area. South Beach, Miami and the surrounding vicinity are home to a diverse selection of restaurants and cocktail lounges, including several near the hotel. During your stay, enjoy a robust, free Express Start breakfast bar with signature cinnamon rolls, eggs and bacon! This Miami, FL hotel offers packages that include daily transfers to the Port of Miami. Please contact the hotel directly to arrange all transportation services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookingCom, Expedia, IHG, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Venere, Agoda, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Doral Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.