The wife and I stayed here after a Caribbean cruise in February 2012 that docked on Saturday, but we wanted to spend the afternoon at the beach before heading home the next morning. The property was in good shape, the room nicely made-up and smelled clean. However, this property was not near much other than the airport and chain restaurants.
Checking in was a breeze, as seems to have become the standard when I travel (only very rarely do I have issues checking in nowadays). The gentleman at the front desk was courteous, pointed out the amenities available and helped with dinner recommendations.
As stated above, the room was neat and organized. We had a simple room, which was all we needed since we were in it for less than 10 hours. Clean and simple - no complaints.
We did not use the pool, but walked through the pool area and it seemed very nice for a Holiday Inn (usually you'd expect to see a simple rectangular pool, but this one had a unique shape and plenty of tables and chairs around for lounging and watching your kids play).
This is my one complaint. The area of Doral is on the northwest corner of Miami, with the airport to the south and the Everglades to the west. We wanted to have some local food while we were in Miami (no chain restaurants), but after asking the front desk staff and driving around the Doral area for over an hour looking for something unique, we settled on Red Lobster (exactly what we didn't want). Don't get me wrong - there are plenty of food options around, but they were all chains.
If you're looking for a quick overnight stay near the airport and are not looking for local cuisine, look no further. This Holiday Inn will meet your needs just fine!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Miami Doral is now open. The Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Doral is a homey, boutique property, conveniently located just minutes from Miami International Airport and the Port of Miami. You'll find the comfort and convenience you need at the Holiday Inn Express located in the great city of Doral , which is well known for shopping and The Trump National Doral. Guests are glad to know that our hotel provides complimentary shuttle service to and from the Miami International Airport (MIA) (Available from 6am-10pm only. Guest must call the hotel from the airport upon arrival for pick). The central location of the Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Doral Area makes it convenient for leisure and business travelers to interact with both attractions and businesses in Miami, Florida. For business travelers our hotel offers 24-hour Business Center with fax, copy, e-mail and print services. We also offer free high-speed wireless Internet access throughout the hotel, making it easy for you to catch up on work. Leisure guests will admire staying at our hotel because of easy access to famous local attractions including the white sands of South Beach, the Trump National Doral Resort and Spa, Miami International Mall, and University of Miami when attending a football game or other sporting events. Additionally, we are in short distance to the Port of Miami. Other hotels near the Miami International Airport can't compete with the list of amenities we offer. Start your extraordinary day off by stopping by our Express Start breakfast bar. Stay Smart when you stay with us! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, BookIt.com, Venere, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Doral reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Doral Area Hotel Miami
- Miami Holiday Inn Express
- Miami Clarion