Because I made the mistake of scheduling a business trip to the Miami area the day after the College Football National Championship was played there, I had very limited choices for hotels (many were sold out). This location was recommended since it was closest to where I had to work and actually had rooms available.
Check-in was very quick and convenient, with a very efficient front desk clerk. I was pleasantly surprised to find I was automatically upgraded to a larger suite due to my Priority Club Rewards membership. Strongly recommend that you ask for a room at the end of the hallway of each floor - you can see from the outside of the building that those rooms are obviously larger than the rest of the rooms.
Room décor was a bit dated, but it was very clean. The air conditioner was a bit loud, but because the bedroom was separate from the room with the unit it didn't keep me awake. Yes, the hotel is underneath the approach to the runways at Miami International, but I couldn't hear them in my well insulated room.
There is a park next to the hotel with a running path; it opens at sunrise, and it is a bit of an oasis if you want to get in a workout. While breakfast was not offered at this hotel, there was a Dunkin Donuts within a short walk from the location. There are also other small restaurants all within walking distance.
Overall the Candlewood Suites is an average hotel, but I was very grateful to have found a room in the first place.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites Miami Airport West Hotel
- Candlewood Suites Miami Airport West Hotel Miami
- Candlewood Suites Miami Airport
- Candlewood Suites Miami
- Candlewood Miami
- Miami Candlewood Suites
- Miami Candlewood
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the conveniences of a hotel with the amenities and privacy of a corporate apartment truly the best of both worlds. Candlewood Suites Miami, an all-suite hotel with fully equipped kitchens is centrally located just minutes from Miami International Airport with easy access to the City of Doral, Downtown Miami, Coral Gables, Kendall, Miami Springs, and Medley. Whether your visit brings you for business or pleasure, one night or an extended stay, our friendly staff is ready to welcome you with a smile. At Candlewood Suites, we put the amenities where they really count: in your room. Spacious and well appointed, each suite has a fully equipped kitchen complete with microwave, full size refrigerator and dishwasher. Work efficiently at your executive desk with two separate phone lines and complimentary high-speed Internet access. Relax in your recliner while you enjoy your favorite movie from our free CD library. Purchase a light meal or snack 24-hours a day at the Candlewood Cupboard or take a dip in our outdoor heated pool. Our hotel is minutes from excellent shopping and an assortment of dining and entertainment venues as well as US Southern Command, Florida International University and Jackson Memorial Medical Center. We are also convenient to Homestead Speedway, Bayside Marketplace, and Miami (South) Beach. Become one of Facebook fans and participate to win free night and discounts! Candlewood Suites Miami Airport West. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline and Venere so you can book your Candlewood Suites Miami Airport West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.