Decent, clean, quite comfortable. Although Miami Airport is featured in the name of the hotel, you still have to drive for about 12 kms to reach the airport. You do need a car, especially if you plan to arrive late, there is no shuttle service. A cab to / from the airport will cost you anything from $22 to $28. There is some public transport in the neighborhood, but the schedule can only be found on the internet, not on the bus stop and I would not count on it after dark, some lines stop running.
But after two weeks of travel and staying in hotels it was good to have a place with a small kitchen and a lot of space. The place looked clean and had basic kitchen facilities, a huge flat TV screen and a desk to work. Wi-Fi worked well. The bed was OK. The suits are easily accessible by car and are a short drive from a supermarket and other shops. Laundromats are free. You can arrive late and they have a smart way to give you the key even though there is no-one at the reception after 23.00. The room service is provided only once per week, the place is more like serviced apartments than a hotel.
Our room happened to be connected to another one with a door (locked of course). Unfortunately our neighbors enjoyed watching TV after 2AM and earplugs came in handy, so if you can, avoid rooms that are interconnected.
Overall, the place feels quite impersonal, there is nothing homely about it. Staff will answer your questions but some of the receptionists come across as rather indifferent and slightly blase. Not my favorite place and not your charming B&B, but it's comfortable and convenient and offers a lot of space and basic facilities.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites Miami Airport West Hotel
- Candlewood Suites Miami Airport West Hotel Miami
- Candlewood Suites Miami Airport
- Candlewood Suites Miami
- Candlewood Miami
- Miami Candlewood Suites
- Miami Candlewood
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the conveniences of a hotel with the amenities and privacy of a corporate apartment truly the best of both worlds. Candlewood Suites Miami, an all-suite hotel with fully equipped kitchens is centrally located just minutes from Miami International Airport with easy access to the City of Doral, Downtown Miami, Coral Gables, Kendall, Miami Springs, and Medley. Whether your visit brings you for business or pleasure, one night or an extended stay, our friendly staff is ready to welcome you with a smile. At Candlewood Suites, we put the amenities where they really count: in your room. Spacious and well appointed, each suite has a fully equipped kitchen complete with microwave, full size refrigerator and dishwasher. Work efficiently at your executive desk with two separate phone lines and complimentary high-speed Internet access. Relax in your recliner while you enjoy your favorite movie from our free CD library. Purchase a light meal or snack 24-hours a day at the Candlewood Cupboard or take a dip in our outdoor heated pool. Our hotel is minutes from excellent shopping and an assortment of dining and entertainment venues as well as US Southern Command, Florida International University and Jackson Memorial Medical Center. We are also convenient to Homestead Speedway, Bayside Marketplace, and Miami (South) Beach. Become one of Facebook fans and participate to win free night and discounts! Candlewood Suites Miami Airport West. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Otel and Venere so you can book your Candlewood Suites Miami Airport West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.